Worst Movie Ever Made?

Slider867

Audiophyte
how can you say that? I can see were you would say it but that movie has it special moments and not enough were you could say that.

R

revjb

Enthusiast
Man, I can't believe no one has mentioned these yet:

House 1 & 2
Beverly Hills Ninja (RIP chris farley)
Battlefield Earth

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm glad that other people can agree that House of the Dead is obviously the worst film to ever get theatrical release (And the reason there needs to be a Hollywood Blacklisting system). But to the list of "bottom 1%" of films I can now add:

Volcano High (Mtv cut)
Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Kangaroo Jack....a talking Kangaroo. 'nuff said.
Well, actually, if you saw the movie then you'd know that the kangaroo does NOT talk except when one of the main characters is knocked out and DREAMS that part. As adult-fare, yes it's a bad movie, my kids loved it though and I think they were it's intended audience.

No one mentioned "Santa Claus Vs. the Martians."

"Genghis Khan" with John Wayne as the Mongol. hehe, I just laugh thinking about it.

We just had a bad movie weekend. We rented "Dodgeball," "Anchorman," and "Starsky and Hutch." I'm gonna say that anything with Will Farrell or Ben Stiller automatically qualifies as bad.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Oh, I forgot, we also watched "Up a Creek." Just my week for bad movies, I guess. :eek:

Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
What about "Catwoman" every one I know who mentions that movie said that's a bad and horrible to watch ? I didnt see it but I bought it as previous view DVD at Blockbuster for $5 ...same price to rent it just incase it worth it to see Halley in that Catwomen suit!

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

...same price to rent it just incase it worth it to see Halley in that Catwomen suit!
Watch Monster's Ball. Its a good movie and you can see her... :)

[Let's keep a clean forum... we get it. :) - Clint]

Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck

Banned
Worst movie I ever saw has to be Ladies Man with Tim Meadows...made it worse as it was a date ...

recent crap I have seen includes Ladder 57 (or whatever number it is) with John Travolta. Just plain boring, no plot, predictable hogwash.

K

KrisJ

Junior Audioholic
Peppy said:
What about "Catwoman" every one I know who mentions that movie said that's a bad and horrible to watch ? I didnt see it but I bought it as previous view DVD at Blockbuster for $5 ...same price to rent it just incase it worth it to see Halley in that Catwomen suit!
I didnt last more than 10 minutes before I turned that piece of garbage off.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Ladder 57 (or whatever number it is) with John Travolta. Just plain boring, no plot, predictable hogwash.
Its the same super-saccrine "Firefighters are wondeful flawless heros" horsecrap that made network TV the wasteland it is today (They put a duck in his locker, Howrisque'!). Any 20 minutes of Rescue Me is a far better firefighter-viewing experience.

Last edited:
MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
"Death and the maiden", Makes me want to puke.

"Killer clowns from outer space" Funny as hell, stupid as hell

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
A couple of comments from the previous pages.

A canadian (not the beer) was complaining about subtitles in the movie Hero. Well don't all movies in canada have subtitles? One of those special Quebec laws about their being special and have to have french in everything canada? Hell, I spent the better part on the late 80's working in St John NB (definitely beats out Perth Amboy NJ as the armpit of the universe) building frigates for the canadian version of a navy. Everything was in french (even my girlfriend and the salad dressing - never heard of ranch up there) with english subtitles - even the road signs.

I live in Northern Virginia now. This is where John Wayne Bobbit came from. After that well covered little event, there was a one month waiting list for "I Spit On Your Grave". Not a good movie, but when both a Johnson (outboard motor) is used to puree Mr. Happy (pun intended by the director I'm sure), and a ginsu is used to slice Mr. Happy off, every man feels pain and covers up, and rushes to see it.

Logman

Logman

Enthusiast
Honorable Mention must go to Face Off.

Yikes, I walked out of the theatre during that one. Bad Bad Bad. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

algernon

algernon

Audioholic
Dogville with nicole kidman. Wife and I fell asleep watching it (and we weren't even tired, we were watching it during the day.) Never bothered to finish watching it.

Peppy

Peppy

Junior Audioholic
Hey Mudcat, DVD in Canada are the same that the US ! They are both Region 1 DVD man. No subtitle onless you pick the option in the menu. The only difference is in some case , they put the french verion of the DVD cover on the back of the english one. Does all DVD in Californial are in Spanish subtitle only ? I don't think so !

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
I remember a movie, came out when all the water space alien movies were around, like Leviathon and Sphere, can't recall this one's name, but it was extremely cheesey, awful looking aliens, and it starred one of the last blondes from 3's Company, the one who was a nurse. Just painful to watch.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
revjb said:
Man, I can't believe no one has mentioned these yet:

House 1 & 2
Beverly Hills Ninja (RIP chris farley)
Battlefield Earth
My yin is your yang -- I liked all 4 of those movies. No accounting for [my] bad taste. :)

-Chris

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Peppy said:
Hey Mudcat, DVD in Canada are the same that the US ! They are both Region 1 DVD man. No subtitle onless you pick the option in the menu.
The person complaining was complainaing about a movie in a theater, not a DVD. Never bought a DVD in Canada. Besides, he was complaining about the movie being in Mandarin and subtitled in English. I was pointing out that I thought (via my past experience) that all movies (in theaters) in Canada were subtitled and he should be use to that aspect of life in the great white north.

Peppy said:
The only difference is in some case , they put the french verion of the DVD cover on the back of the english one.
I rest my case.

Peppy said:
Does all DVD in Californial are in Spanish subtitle only ? I don't think so !
They might, I'll ask my brother, he lives there.

BTW grammer in Canada is the same as grammer in the youass.

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
Mudcat, the part of Canada you were in is very French. About half of New Brunswick and almost all of Quebec have a French speaking majority. Quebec is the worst though. They have actually made it illegal to post the name of a business in English unless the French Lettering is twice the size or some dumb crap like that. It doesn't matter that the vast majority of the country english only. Oh yeah, and all of the road signs in Quebec are french only. Imagine driving in LA and all of the signs are in Spanish. It is a real pain in the butt. We had friends from the States trying to meet us in Montreal, but they couldn't find out how to get downtown because no signs are in English. Centerville is the sign for downtown in Quebec.
I was born in the US so sadly for me I missed the first few years of French indoctrination the kids here have to go through. Don't get me wrong, Quebec rocks, no one can party like like those guys. The drinking age is 18 for gods sake.
Also if you notice us Canucks using the letter U in a lot of our words and you think we're not spelling correctly it's because that's how it's spelled up here. I try to drop the extra U but sometimes it slips past.

What the heck was my point again.... Oh yeah, we don't have subtitles on our movies up here unless we turn them on in the DVD menu. It is the law that French subtitles have to be available on the DVDs though. They do run french titles at movie theaters in Quebec, or even worse they dub the voices. At least they did when I last went to a movie there, but that was about 9 years ago.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
Mudcat said:
A canadian (not the beer) was complaining about subtitles in the movie Hero.
If I'm not mistaken, (correct me if I'm wrong) the theater release of Hero was only in Mandarin as the Audio (the way it should be!! :D ) The English dub sucked (my $.02) But I prefer to watch import movies in their original language. I tried watching Run Lola Run in English...and it made my ears bleed. The German was much better!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis