Status
Not open for further replies.
JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I didn't know getting a life would get me a reputation :)

It's been a busy year: even after I stopped playing Star-Trek every waking hour.

The speakers are setup in my family room, and are impressive. I've had some discussions about how to make surrouds to match them. I've been asked not to write a review until a question I had/have over some FR in the female vocal range has been addressed. Chris has been very cooperative / helpful, but he needs data from me that I've not had the opportunity to gather.

Sadly, sometimes life gets in the way.

Do sleep secure in the knowledge these are getting regular use and enjoyment.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
did you ever post pics? i don't think i've seen pics of this mythical speaker as a finished product :D (or at least in the wild)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have never seen picture either. I am pretty certain that no one ever heard from Jerrylove agin and Chris is using his forum name now:eek:
did you ever post pics? i don't think i've seen pics of this mythical speaker as a finished product :D (or at least in the wild)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Do sleep secure in the knowledge these are getting regular use and enjoyment.
What gets me is that you didn't listen to Chris' omni polar speakers. Now we have no common listening experience but you are probably better off not having heard that. I ain't been right since ... not that I was wrapped too tight to begin with.

Glad to hear that your using and enjoying them and hope you get the last of the fine tuning seen to. Heaven knows getting your hands on them took some serious effort.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Have we even seen pictures of these yet setup in your room Jerry...

Come on now...

I call shenanigans

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
There's just no pleasing some people :D

Come by and take some pics yourself :p

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Hahhhaha I saw better pics of your guns - so me thinks your not as proud of your speakers as your guns.... No Offense - Just saying...

:)

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
But you got twice as many of my speaker setup as of the one gun I took a shot of. ;)

The finished pics Chris put up are going to be hard to beat. I'm busy trying to take pics of stuff to put on Ebay when I have time.

Other than that: I'm too busy listening to music to get goos shots ;)

R

randyb

Full Audioholic
Here's a thread that I never thought I would get to write. Next I'll be rubbing elbows with Tom Andry.

So, I'll tell this sort of chronologically. I saw Matt's speakers first tucked away in the back of a shed behind the partially assembled cabinets that are being built for another lucky and understandably impatient member. I got to haul Matt's speakers out of the shed and place them on a work table we assembled out in the light of day. First impression was that the added side braces on the lower portion of the cabinet looked like they belonged there and the veneer work was top notch ... and I mean really top notch. Second impression was that they were heavy ... and I mean really heavy. Third impression was that a knuckle rap test made me think of knocking on a safe door. For acceptable and understandable reasons the speakers needed to have the drivers and binding posts installed along with a couple of odds and ends. Once the prep work was done the speakers got hauled into the house for completion of assembly and crossover programming. That's pretty much where this story of those speakers ends.

... to be continued ...

I noticed a few things about how Chris works. There's a practiced ease to the way he uses his hands with tools. He ain't scared. Another thing that is worthy of note is a comment he made over lunch. He said that if forced to choose a commercial speaker he would get a used B&W 803D I believe. That's not the important part. When he mentioned that the price is ~$7,000 I rolled my eyes and he looked at me with raised brows saying, "It's what I love!" ... not that there was ever any doubt.

Here's the part that I'm least qualified to speak on. I got me a little tinnitus and a pretty serious dip at 5k Hz coupled with a limited audio background/vocabulary. Still, I got to hear this stuff and you didn't so :p. The first thing I got to hear his nearfield computer rig, that reworked Primus 160 and 10" Kappa Perfect stereo combo. He only had to tell me 3 times where the sweet spot was. He probably wanted to choke me. Now these easily held their own with the commercial speakers I have listened to which is very limited. The thing to keep in mind here is that these speakers are close so the room isn't helping. I suspect that if I got the Def Tech's, Paradigm's and B&W I had listened to in recent memory and had them within 3' of my noggin the comparison would result in Chris' efforts being considerably more pleasing. I think we all know that he's a little fanatical about non-resonant cabinets. There are two de-coupling devices in place to separate the sub and speaker from each other and from the floor/building structure to eliminate them from resonating.

I'll get to the meat of the matter about his omni polar rig in another post.
Just a quick update that WmAx did indeed rip me off for 5k. I tried going through the sheriff but foxy WmAx was smart enough to use a contract to make it a commercial transaction so not fraud...just a good scheme on his part. Just a word to the wise. If someone insists on making you sign a contract for what should be a friendly DIY type thing, run for the hills. My guess is I funded Chris's turntable and a few other goodies. To bad I am a non-believer in Karma and other such things are I would think he would get his come uppence at some point.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
Just a quick update that WmAx did indeed rip me off for 5k. I tried going through the sheriff but foxy WmAx was smart enough to use a contract to make it a commercial transaction so not fraud...just a good scheme on his part. Just a word to the wise. If someone insists on making you sign a contract for what should be a friendly DIY type thing, run for the hills. My guess is I funded Chris's turntable and a few other goodies. To bad I am a non-believer in Karma and other such things are I would think he would get his come uppence at some point.
Wow - that's terrible, Randy. I am very sorry to hear this... I always knew there was something off with that guy. It looks like he hasn't posted since July of 2010...perhaps he got wise to us getting wise about him not being so wise. He'll get what's coming to him one day, Randy.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
Crap....sorry Randy, that really sucks.

Wow - that's terrible, Randy. I am very sorry to hear this... I always knew there was something off with that guy. It looks like he hasn't posted since July of 2010...perhaps he got wise to us getting wise about him not being so wise. He'll get what's coming to him one day, Randy.
I think he actually got banned here, which is why he hasn't posted. My understanding is he is posts on the Parts Express board.

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
I think he actually got banned here, which is why he hasn't posted. My understanding is he is posts on the Parts Express board.
Hopefully no one listens to him...what a jerk.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Like everybody else, I'm sorry to hear this.

Chris hasn't posted anywhere in quite some time.

I don't think Chris is crafty enough to work the legal ins and outs of contract law. He doesn't know the exit number on the highway 200 yards from his house. Be that as it may the situation sucks.

A

ack_bak

Audioholic
That is terrible. Hopefully this guy gets what he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis