davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I remember the heat, but I eventually moved to DFW which was just as bad but colder in the winter. Retired to NE Florida not quite as hot but way more humidity. Still better than the winters in western PA where I grew up.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Very similar to my build:

Ryzen 5900x
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero x570
32gb Team DDR4
MSI RTX 4070
Yep. I want to upgrade my video card, but can't justify it yet. All my games run well, so far.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I was on a 2080 that was starting to have fan issues, so I said "YOLO" :D
I had 1070ti with fan noise issues , and I bought a new fan and replaced it. Later I swapped it for free for gtx1080 (non-ti)
a far cry from 2080 and 3070/4070 - but I refuse to pay current high-end prices for mid-range video cards.
At some point, I almost spent $450-500 for a used RTX3080 on eBay, but I couldn't convince myself to spend the money. Most of my games still running ok at 1080p

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I had 1070ti with fan noise issues , and I bought a new fan and replaced it. Later I swapped it for free for gtx1080 (non-ti)
a far cry from 2080 and 3070/4070 - but I refuse to pay current high-end prices for mid-range video cards.
At some point, I almost spent $450-500 for a used RTX3080 on eBay, but I couldn't convince myself to spend the money. Most of my games still running ok at 1080p
I had a 970gtx until I got the 2080 (paid $350 to a coworker) and sold it for $120 when I bought the 4070. I'll be good for a long time now. I also upgraded to a 1440p monitor at the same time.

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
The fact that they've changed the entire context of the right click? I dunno. In a fit of rage two months ago after another MS update borked something for me (My VMWare nested virtualization) I removed M$ everywhere I could and now run Ubuntu.
You might try Linux Mint. It is very close to the way windows 7 used to be only better.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I had a 970gtx until I got the 2080 (paid $350 to a coworker) and sold it for $120 when I bought the 4070. I'll be good for a long time now. I also upgraded to a 1440p monitor at the same time.
Even though I built a new Box last year, I put a "hand me down" GPU (a GTX 1080) from my son's old Gamer Box into it. I only run 1080p on my Dual Monitors (and I feed a 55 inch Samsung via my Denon when I'm in the mood to watch something on it). So I saw no rationale to spend Big $ on a current GPU as I don't game. My son's new Gamer Box (which I built last Fall) has an Asus TUF RTX 4070Ti OC GPU even though he only Games in 1080p in Windows 11. It's his favorite hobby and his money. He wanted that level of card to "future proof" his rig a bit.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That was me. I had a 970 for years, but when I upgraded to an ultrawide 1440p monitor, the 970 just couldn't hack it.

I wanted a 2080, but got the 2070 instead. Then I got the 3070 because I couldn't get the 3080 when they were released. I refuse to get the 4xxx series just because the prices aren't great and they keep skimping on memory. Maybe the 5xxx series will be worth it. I'll have to buy a non-evga card for the first time in a very long time.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Running a Nvidia 1650 on my 2020 I5 laptop and integrated video on my 2014 desktop right now. If I ever decide to play any new games I'll have to upgrade

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis