Win an Audio Rack from Red Couch Design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Red Couch certainly looks nice. Plenty of breathing room, wide, has a minimalist look to it. Glass shelves give it a retro-futuristic circa 1977 look.
Its definately nicer than my current flakeboard entertainment center. :)

If I were building a rack from scratch, I think i'd try to mak it modualr, so I could add levels when I needed them. Kinda like Boltz products, just not as ugly.

For appearances, my favorite so far is Synergy, with the wood veneers and side panels/doors made from perforated blak aluminum (which makes it look like a speaker grille).

S

s2pdname

Junior Audioholic
I am currently in the market for an audio rack, so this is perfect. I'm now using my tv stand, but as many have found out a stb, universal player, x-box, and AVR have a cluttered and overstuffed look.

The racks I have found that are most attractive (WAF) need to be metallic and black or glass. This one would be just about perfect for my (her) room. Only after something gets appearance approval do I get to step in and offer my opinion on build quality and ease of use (ventilation, wire management, etc.) :D

A

AlanDang

Audiophyte
I prefer very high-quality lacquered wood finishes for my equipment rack. I think the "tech" look can sometimes be too dominant and so the wood softens up the look.

Bodymechanic

Bodymechanic

Junior Audioholic
Audio Racks

Obviously appearance is a big factor in this as it is a piece of furniture more-or-less. Next build quality: I want a speaker rack that's 'bomb-proof' if I'm going to be stacking expensive electronics on it. Also a rack that is able to assist with cable management is a big plus. :D

Kind regards

J

jzac

Audioholic
Something that is adjustable and manageable...

Based on my experience... need to see space on the sides and rear of the shelves for easy wiring and troubleshooting, adjustable height shelves... able to fit any electronic equipment of any size, removable shelves, different colors for the glass and legs of the racks, and attach a retractable cord with extension sockets with good grounding at the base of the racks.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
Something that isn't too imposing. so on the small side, maybe only 3 levels, and in a nice cherywood finish. I love all the metalic contemporary style pieces. The problem is now that I'm married, everything needs to have a decent WAF!!! :) a nice cherywood rack would definetly increase the WAF. perhaps a combination of a bit of contemporary with wood??
But this rack is very nice. I know of a perfect spot for it! hehe

E

ericb

Audioholic Intern
any would be nice

Im all set except the rack and thats my next item. As long as it is easy to work behind as I am constantly upgrading etc. Saw a nice piano black one I liked so that would most likely be my preference at this point.

S

so_cal_forever

Audioholic Intern
I'd like to see some more modular audio racks, allowing complete customization of the number of shelfs and the height. I use my audio setup at the computer, so having adjustable height would be a plus (though not mandatory). I'd also like to possibly have a small label socket on the side to describe which amp goes to which set of speakers. Though I dont own an intricate system like that ATM (only a stereo setup with a receiver), in the future, when that does happen, the option would be nice.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Just acquired an AV credenza

I just recently went through this excercise and found what I think is one of the better solutions. It hides all the equimpment for wife acceptance factor, is available in several wood veneers and stains (although at this price it should be solid wood), comes with power strips (although not up there with a Tripp Lite HT unit or like), ventilation at top and bottom, pull out racks that swivel for easy rear access to cables and connections, a bullet proof finish, an optional plasma or lcd panel mount, matching furniture for the rest of the room and home, and a very contemporary look.

I wish the back was finished as nicely as the rest of the unit and it had a better wire conduit system, but other than that, it has just about everything I would want in an AV rack system. I went with the Carino series but could use a nicer stand for my TV.

My only other wish is a unit that could conceal a projector and automatically pop out of the stand with a push of a button.

www.1contemporary.com

Last edited:
W

wackii

Audiophyte
I've been looking for a component rack for about a month now. The requirement of the component rack has to be at least 5 shelfs, 20" wide X 24" depth X 36" height (don't might a little higher), preferably silver to match with my tv. I found something nice but could not afford it. I've love to win one here :D Still hunting...

Al,

L

ljbrun

Enthusiast
In order of importance.

Sturdy
Accessability to the component connections
Price
Modular
Cable management
Ease of assembly

Options that might be good to offer.

Built in Power Center
Discrete lighting

S

Shaftoe

Enthusiast
Clint DeBoer said:
All you need to do to enter is make a post in the forums about what kinds of racks you prefer to use in your home theater room (you can specify color, materials, size requirements, pricing - whatever). This is a chance for you to tell a company what kinds of products you want to see them offer!
Currently modular components are most important to me. I have had such trouble finding items to suit my needs I decided to build them myself. My unit is built out of inexpensive woods (hardwood plywood and 2x4's) and painted black. If I could find a medium quality, componenet style system at a moderate price ($1200 or less) for the entire setup, with good cable managemnet integrated into the furniture, I would buy it. I have been unhappy with what I've seen so far. It is either too expensive, or not customizable enough to suit my needs.

R

rburton1

Enthusiast
Rack needs

To me a strong, versatile rack with cable management would be a god-send. I have a 100 lb. behimith of a reciever (14"x19"x20"), plus about another 50 inches of other equipment. I know 50" is a strange measure of equipment but you try to find a single rack that will hold 64 inches of equipment. Also, some really nice wheels as an option would be great. I need to get behind the rack periodically.

Nossus

Nossus

Audiophyte
I prefer modular shelving. I?ve swapped many pieces in and out of my racks, some significantly larger than others. At one point I even used the rack to support a large center channel.

My current set up is an attractive wooden stand with iron racks. It is capable of supporting heavy equipment but maintains a contemporary look which accents the wooden furniture of our living room. Shelves not being used for equipment, usually the top shelf, is used to display a stone sculpture or other artistic creation.

The price for the current shelving was around $250 on sale - wholesale.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I like genuine hardwood, no veneer. Walnut, cherry, or even oak is great. Wood has a warm look that glass and steel never have. I want it to be reasonably priced. I don't want it too shiny, as I do not want light reflecting off of it as a distraction in a darkened room. I like things to be sturdy and well made.

I currently use something that is made of black painted steel and solid pine shelves, as price is a big factor for me. It is not ideal, but I have no plans on replacing it anytime soon, as it isn't bad, and it does the job quite well.

I also like modular designs that allow one to choose its characteristics, like how tall it is, etc. This is another reason why I have what I have.

K

kingtut

Junior Audioholic
The modular builds, the ones that allow to add/subtract as your component needs dictate in cherry wood would be my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis