Win an Audio Rack from Red Couch Design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

genuinebigdog

Audioholic Intern
What I really like...

Well..

Furniture these days is almost as important as the actual TV, speakers, or any A/V equipment. Who wants to spend $5,000 on a Home Theatre only to have your equipment sitting on sub par furniture.

When people come over you want to be able to show off your equipment in style. You want a polished smooth look that complements all of your components. You want small and compact but big in taste. That being said, it also has to be big enough to hold all of your belongings.

A great way to allow versitility is to implement adjustable shelves. This can be done easily and in most cases onlookers cant even tell the shelves are adjustable without taking a closer look. Not that adjustable shelves take the appeal away or anything. With adjustable shelves you can easily allow more room for some components while tightening up space on another. I think it is very tacty to put a slim streamlined DVD player onto a shelf that has 18-24 inches of space above it. It looks so much better if it is snug up close to the shelf itself.

Now let us move on. As far as the type of audio rack. Wood is always a great way to go. Why? Because in most room in the average house have some kind of baseboard with a pine wood look to it. While it may be hard to match a white pine baseboard with a dark deep oak look, the 2 seem to complement each other. However with this being said, the sleek style of stainless steel and polished metal always wins people over. Also, it seems nearly every big screen tv weather it is plasma, dlp, or lcd has portions of it with the polish metal look.

Doors or no doors? Well, in some cases a nice glass door would really accent the cabnet on some audio racks. In some cases not. It all depends on the owner. Personally I love a nice glass door. But having 2 todlers, I get tired of wiping off the finger prints. So if I can ever being the process of purchasing my HT system I will go with the doorless audio rack.

I think it is also imperative to have some kind of DVD/Video Tape/CD storage capacity on any audio rack. Lets face it. People love DVD's. I personally have quite a few. I am running out of places to put them. Anyone can use the extra space to store extra items. And not just DVD's. But Xbox controllers, tv remotes, av cables, etc.

I have checked out the audio rack from redcouch. 1 word. Wow. That is a beautiful peice of furniture. Anyone can proudly show it off as wonderful peice of decor. To whomever whens that peice, congratulations.

I hope my attempt to help you guys out has provided you with some kind of insight at what customers may be thinking about before they buy.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely

Jeffrey Lee Davis Jr
North Carolina

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
To much contemporary design, what about the rustic, antique (but still brand new) rich look.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
a/v shelf

I would like to see some audio shelves that have an antique look to them. Not many high quality (equipment in mind designed) A/V racks are out there. Even good quality furniture with a solid design for sound is hard to find unless you want that "ultra modern look". Many talk about WAF (wife appreciation factor) being important in selcting speakers, for example, but the furniture the equipment is housed in is even more important, IMHO. My A/V area is beautifully decorated in a Mission style motif and I have found it difficult to locate a formidable piece of furniture to house all of my equipment in.

Z

zepaholic

Audioholic
I think with all the different HT designs and different set ups it is important to have wide variety to choose from along with solid construction at a affordable price. But also offer a high end choice.

D

DTRUTH

Junior Audioholic
I also prefer wood over glass/metal and I agree with Ptabib, that something with a rustic/antique look would be cool.

Other features already covered:
Cable mgmt
Builtin power supply/surge protector (Buckeyefan's idea)
adjustable shelves
wheels (in the rear at a minimum)
sturdy construction
plenty of ventilation (built in fans for closed units?)
Guaranteed WAF! ;)

S

sjcguy

Junior Audioholic
this is very nice

I like the contemporary open rack, glass or wood shelves but must be smooth surface so I can wipe out the dust easily.<br> My current rack is killing me with dust that i can't wipe off easily :(
it's time for me to win this?
thanks.

K

kiran_sham

Junior Audioholic
Black one with the same given dimensions would suit my home theater! All furnitures in my living room are dark colored, majority of them black :rolleyes:
Should be simple but a lil rugged too :eek: and I currently don't own any rack for my home theater!

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
The perfect AV rack.

AV rack options:

Build strength has to be top quality. Ability to support heavy weight components. Shelves need to be minimum 20'' depth and standard rack width. Shelve height needs to be adjustable to accomodate cooling.

Wire management should be available to hide cables.
Modular design to aid in future proofing and system requirements.

Available options could include:

1.lighting
2.cooling with fans
3.color
4.size

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
While I like the contemporary look, and for a dedicated A/V room it would be fine. Unfortunately I don't live in a world that affords me that luxury. Thus I agree with smurph. A rack that is a nice piece of furniture. One designed to assist in wire and cable management, wiht adjustable shelves.

The only one that could be better would be the free one I am about to get!!!

R

Rutlanda

Junior Audioholic
Audio Racks

There are several things I look for when purchasing a rack, the majority of which have already been identified in previous posts. I will list anyway:
- Solid build quality with considerable weight to ensure a stable platform for gear
- Understated fit and finish that fits with a variety of decors. I prefer black or silver in a durable satin or matte finish.
- Easy accessability to all gear, back and front.
- Cable management is a plus if it makes sense, but its not a must
- Spikes or a comparable coupling system
Thanks for the chance...

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I built and I am currently using a dual flexy rack. The flexy rack is a design I got from TNT audio. (www.tntaudio.com). I have a total of twelve shelves and infinite spacing adjustment for each shelf. The whole shebang cost me about $80. :cool:

B

Bobby2x

Junior Audioholic
Well I really like the one
they are offering!
I do like racking with
vented shelves for ventalation purposes!

John S

John S

Audioholic Intern
I like the fact that Red Couch Design specifies the max weight their glass shelves will take. I just got a 55lb receiver I can't put on my old rack because of weight and size. I like glass. No wood for me thank you. The better half has all the wood I can stand in her rooms.

JVC

JVC

Banned
At the moment, I have a 36" JVC sitting in an entertainment center, with all my equipment above it. Hopefully, after the first of the year, I can get a new wide screen HDTV and upgrade my satellite system. I'm going to get the new, second generation, JVC 56" D-ILA tv. It's in a black case now, so I'll be looking a rack that is basically black with glass shelves. I like the look of the thumbnail pic in the first post above, telling about the contest. Most of my equipment is black, so this rack would look great, loaded down with my equipment, and sitting next to my new tv! :D :D :D Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink!

sts9fan

sts9fan

Banned
I would like to win a rack and I like wooden racks with natural finish

Bryguy

Bryguy

Audioholic
I like, and need, two kinds of racks (lets make that 3 but the third is for another kind of site).

I prefer all natural wood with a darker color to it. Good colors wood be mahogany or some cherry variation. The rack would need to manage cords and have good ventilation. The two racks I like / need are a TV combo and a full audio rack with 4 or 5 shelves.

My favorite brand so far due to build and aesthetics is Salamander. All wood with screened sides for efficient ventilation

Bryguy

L

lenjdorr

Audiophyte
Dear Sirs:

I need a rack that is customizable. I am currently gutting a good protion of my house and will be putting in two HT areas. I am going with a very contemporary design and thus the need for unique woods or metals in the rack.

Thanks,

G

Guavamanh

Junior Audioholic
I like modern looking/very simple designs with metal+glass like the Tuscany #16133 from the website. In addition, it would be great if it had modular options where you can adjust it to your tastes. However, in the future I would love to have a recessed rack holding all of the components with a glass door in front in a nice modern dedicated home theatre.... *drool* thats going to take a while >_<;

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
I like a design that would incorporate fans in the middle of each rack all blowing up to provide upward air flow.

Paul

M

malco49

Audiophyte
audio rack

besides stability and quality,the thing i would like to see is adjustable shelf space.
i have a turntable and would like to have some vinyl on the bottom shelf.

ok thanks
malco

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis