Win an Audio Rack from Red Couch Design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enter to WIN a Modena B 5-shelf A/V component rack from Red Couch Design!

Red Couch Design was nice enough to come to us and offer our readers the chance to win a brand new A/V component rack.

Product Details:
Dimensions: 24" X 20 1/2" X 34 1/4"
Usable shelf space: 19" X 17 1/2" X 8 1/4"
Glass: 8 mm Tempered
Supports: 50mm aluminum columns
Bearing capacity per shelf: 60lbs

All you need to do to enter is make a post in the forums about what kinds of racks you prefer to use in your home theater room (you can specify color, materials, size requirements, pricing - whatever). This is a chance for you to tell a company what kinds of products you want to see them offer!

Then, please visit RedCouchDesign.com to see what else they offer.

NOTE: This contest is unfortunately only open to those living in the continental United States.

Contest ends August 31, 2005 at 11:59EST

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
corysmith01

corysmith01

Senior Audioholic
This is right up my alley as I'm actively looking to get an audio rack. I've used my tv stand for a few years prior to being bitten by the audio bug. Now, my gear is outgrowing that stand so it's time to get a dedicated audio stand.

I've been impressed by the offerings from VTI and Plateau, particularly the VTI BL series. I'm near ready to purchase one of these.

I've been drawn to the more modular builds...the ones that allow to add/subtract as your component needs dictate. Seems to make sense to me. Also, standard colors like black/silver appeal as they seem to run less of a risk of dating too themselves too quickly. For aesthetic reasons, I love the way the isolation points on the BL series look between each shelf....really nice touch.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i dont have any racks but i need some. id like to see anything that can hide the cords in back, has at least 4-5 shelves, and is really sturdy. The modern silver/glass look will proobly get old after a while, but as long as it looks simple then its fine. i think i like the look of the square shelves better than the half moon ones, but i do like all the shelves offered by this company..

the one being given away would be awesome to win.

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
I would like to see more shelf units that don't compromise on function. As Cory said modular systems are very cool, I think that it is important to allow the end user the options to change it as they see fit. Wire management needs to be improved with separate channels for low voltage and one for high voltage. A "locking" system would be nice to have so that equipment doesn't move around when swapping out cables or pressing buttons. A system that could use wood/glass shelves and/or "commercial" rack shelves would be cool. A modular system that includes "center" stands for TV's and LCD/plasmas. A more affordable pricing for the average joe. Attached is an image of my rack set up that I got from Walmart for $200. It includes adjustable shelves on both sides, storage for both CD's and DVD's and two storage units below the TV for bulky items like video tapes or my ATARI.

Just my $.02 :D

Attachments

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I just like solid furniture that doesn't move when it receives a force parallel to the ground. So many shelves are so flimsy. If it looks good, that's a plus.

S

soundsfine

Audioholic
I like racks to be open so I can get at all sides of the equipment

I don't like glass shelves, after an incident with a glass cofee table...

Even with open racks, I like to have a nice way to hide the mass of cables at the back. Vogel's does it really well, although at a very high price.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
Personally I like the contemporary look of a silver or black metal stand with glass shelves. It needs to be open so components can get air to stay cool. Adjustable shelves would be best, thats what I dont like about my current stand, my receiver looks perfect in the rack, but the dvd player thats only 2 and a half inches tall looks tiny with too much space around it. Wider is better, most stands I've seen are only about 18 to 19 inches wide while bigger receivers are pretty much the same and barely slide into some racks, I'd like to see them about 21 to 23 inches wide to allow some space on both sides and the same with depth so there is more room to hook up cables. Channeling the wire managent is a good idea, It would be nice to be able to run the speaker wires and video cables seperately from all the power cables, and maybe sheilding the channels could be useful.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
I look for racks that are contemporary and match the look of all my other silver/black tv and stereo equipment. Racks should be sturdy with plenty of breathing room for the components and a smooth cable management system. Scalable racks are also nice so that the rack is future proof in case more toys are added to the collection.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Audio Rack Preferences.

The Red Couch design looks like a nice contemporary design. I like the 60 lb. capacity which can handle all but the heaviest receivers and amps. Shelf spacing must provide adequate ventalation of components and cable management features are also desirable. I am considering designing and building my own custom audio rack out of red oak or other furniture grade wood.

D

Diablo

Audioholic Intern
What I'm looking for is a TV stand for the 61" DLP tv I'm contemplating about buying. I would like to find a Black Lacquer unit to match my speakers and and opening underneath at least 10" to fit my center channel speaker

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
I'm looking for a stand that holds a 60"+ DLP and has CD and DVD storage built in.

D

dpristin

Enthusiast
Audio rack

I like modern-looking metall-and-glass audio racks. I test / change equipment quite often so having an open rack is a big advantage when you need to reconnect your components. Plus better air-flow is a factor too.

K

Kurt C.

Audioholic Intern
I'd like something that has good ventilation and is open from the back but that can still be closed securely from the front. I have a two year-old son who loves to push all the buttons!

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Something with rack rails that doesn't look like it belongs in the server closet. Not all of us have empty, adjacent rooms or under-stair spaces that can become media center closets. But there's more and more rack-mountable gear for home theater systems coming out all the time, and then there's us crazies that have pro audio gear in our HT rooms.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Right up my alley too...looking for a good quality audio rack right now. I like simple metal frame, open rack with solid, hardwood shelves. I prefer not to go with glass, but if it's a quality product, they're OK. Minimal wire management is good, because I only ever route the power cables; the signal cables I leave free. Configurability is good too; it would be nice to know that if I need to add a new section or an additional shelf, that the design easily accomodates this and that it isn't overly expensive to add.

I'm also looking at VTI BL.

Last edited:
racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
A good rack in my opinion should have the ability to hold the heaviest of components (i.e. a monster receiver), be completely stable, have good cable management and look good in the process. Being affordable would be nice also, but I realize this is furniture.

The one thing I would like to see improved is the tolerances on the pieces. I have assembled a couple racks that I basically had to force together to make the pieces fit. It's very frustrating when you have to take a hammer to your new expensive piece of furniture. Also it would be cool if the rack could have a way to easily be moved with all the components left on it (to hook and unhook connections) while still maintaining its stability.

S

Sleestack

Senior Audioholic
I use racks from 2 compaines... Billy Bags and AV123. Billy Bags is great b/c they will make whatever you want to your spec. They are quite expensive ($1K - $3K), but their stuff looks great and is extremely well built. I also buy the $300 racks from AV123. They are as good as any rack I have, however, not quite as facny as the Billy Bag racks. The AV123 racks have adjustable shelves and look like much more expensive pieces.

Depending on your budget, I highly recommend both companies' racks.

N

nm2285

Senior Audioholic
Those rack's look beautiful. That's the kind I like!

Taifun

Taifun

Junior Audioholic
Wow I too am in the market for a rack. Most of what I've seen hasn't impressed me. I like industrial design as well as art-deco. I've been looking for something in Metal that is easily accessable, and good ventilation. I've contemplated making my own and wanted to perforated aluminum for the shelves. Glass is nice but with a 35lb plus receiver I get nervous. Another thing I have not seen is some type of screen for the front of an open rack, something like a drape or what not that blocks the light from the components. My rack will, by virtue of the room, be on the same wall as the screen. The big problem then is using remotes unless you have a RF remote.

-G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis