Will Marantz MM-7025 paired with Marantz SR7011 improve sound quality?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then no point in having a home theater at that point.
I just don't think ears alone are the end-all in audio. It's a favorite of the snake oil sellers, tho....as they know they're not reliable. Audio was created with science, not just ears....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Here's another way to look at it. Before I got a Umik mic and REW, as far as I was concerned everything sounded great. When I took some sweeps and saw there was opportunity I made some adjustments and everything objectively measured better, which then subjectively sounded better. I would not have known improvements could be made until I measured my fr. I would not have thought or known to make any improvements if I hadn't taken the objective measurements and seen the results.
I reminded of the expression, “ignorance is bliss”. I’m not saying it as an insult. I’ve seen plenty of people say NO, I am NOT going to measure anything. It sounds good, don’t care. I can respect that. As you know, I don’t subscribe to that, but for those people, the ideology is fine. Point is, we can all go down the rabbit hole a little, or a LOT! I also believe hetfields experience is legit. Imo, there are more ways to Fukk up audyssey cals than not. Lol

Also, wonder where OP is...prob getting the answer he wanted somewhere else. Love when people look for validation but call it looking for advice...

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
That would mean a noise level of 0.000001 of a watt or less for a 1 watt output. Nobody would ear that for sure. Isn't that somehow overkill?
I only need 0.5 average most of the time, that's 32 W for 21 dB peak but others may need 10X that so for those people over kill a little goes a long way.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
May be it's time to post that video again, the one that shows the guy saying something that people thought it was something else. Who has that video/link, @mtrycrafts may be? I know there are more of those demos but one is enough for people who are so confident of what heard. Even eyes are not always reliable, don't people swear they saw something that thought they were, but weren't. Anyway, don't take this too seriously, just trying to make a point. I do go by ears too, as much as possible, but would also like to see measurements.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
May be it's time to post that video again, the one that shows the guy saying something that people thought it was something else. Who has that video/link, @mtrycrafts may be? I know there are more of those demos but one is enough for people who are so confident of what heard. Even eyes are not always reliable, don't people swear they saw something that thought they were, but weren't. Anyway, don't take this too seriously, just trying to make a point. I do go by ears too, as much as possible, but would also like to see measurements.
This one?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
What would be interesting, tho I'll bet it's been done, would be to take 2 identical pair of the same speakers and scratch one pair up, throw some dirt on it and make it ugly while doing nothing to affect their performance. Leave the other pair all shiny and brand new then do a sighted test with a group of people, a/b between them and ask everyone which ones sound better. I'd bet some dollars that most would say the new looking pair sounds better.

I'll bet you'd get interesting results just with different colors. Blue vs yellow for instance. I'll bet at least some people will say the yellow ones sound brighter and the blue ones sound more reserved or laid back.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Or do it with 2 identical McIntosh amps. Take the guts out of one and put it in some cheap looking housing, hide the dials and perform a sighted test with a group between the 2. I think the results would show most people prefer the sound of the cosmetically unaltered one. It wouldn't surprise me if a few even said the difference was "night and day"...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Or do it with 2 identical McIntosh amps. Take the guts out of one and put it in some cheap looking housing, hide the dials and perform a sighted test with a group between the 2. I think the results would show most people prefer the sound of the cosmetically unaltered one. It wouldn't surprise me if a few even said the difference was "night and day"...
Just be sure to leave the guts with the pretty meters with blue lights, tho :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just be sure to leave the guts with the pretty meters with blue lights, tho :)
There have been studies showing that changing only the color of food can and does have an effect on how it tastes, even tho objectively there's no difference in flavor between the 2 colors. It's just the way we're built. The way we see things can dramatically change how they're perceived by our other senses.

Here's one such study I just now found with a quick Google search that shows some interesting results.

Changes in color made people think the flavor of the drink was different. For example, if the cherry-flavored drink was colored orange or yellow, people thought it was an orange drink or fruit punch drink.

This is why DBTs are so big with objectivists. Sighted comparisons just aren't reliable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There have been studies showing that changing only the color of food can and does have an effect on how it tastes, even tho objectively there's no difference in flavor between the 2 colors. It's just the way we're built. The way we see things can dramatically change how they're perceived by our other senses.

Here's one such study I just now found with a quick Google search that shows some interesting results.

Changes in color made people think the flavor of the drink was different. For example, if the cherry-flavored drink was colored orange or yellow, people thought it was an orange drink or fruit punch drink.

This is why DBTs are so big with objectivists. Sighted comparisons just aren't reliable.

Maybe @ryanosaur can share some relevant restaurant presentation info?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis