Why the left is against economic growth

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
No, I haven't, I just showed that we are behind on every metric which matters. Purchasing power for example. I can only assume that you don't understand the concept of it.
I know. Let's raise our income tax, sales tax and VAT to be more in line with these countries you like. That'll fix our purchasing power.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... lowest overall unemployment ever? ...
Not really.
Google search:

The country's lowest rate – 1.2 percent – came in 1944 when millions of men were in uniform and the wartime (World War II) economy was in overdrive. The lowest post-war rate was 2.9 percent in 1953.

And, Jan 2017 rate was 4.8%, not a lot higher than today. ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I know. Let's raise our income tax, sales tax and VAT to be more in line with these countries you like. That'll fix our purchasing power.
And, lowering the tax rate Twice in this century already brought what, exactly?

highfigh

highfigh

Not really.
Google search:

The country's lowest rate – 1.2 percent – came in 1944 when millions of men were in uniform and the wartime (World War II) economy was in overdrive. The lowest post-war rate was 2.9 percent in 1953.

Yeah, that'll happen when you ship most of the work force off to fight a war and get women to fill the positions that are vacant. Then, kill over 415 thousand members of the military (roughly 3% of the US population at the time) and have an unprecedented building boom- what's your point?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, that'll happen when you ship most of the work force off to fight a war and get women to fill the positions that are vacant. Then, kill over 415 thousand members of the military (roughly 3% of the US population at the time) and have an unprecedented building boom- what's your point?
exactly not to mention what is not realized today is the percentage of 'hard core' unemployed.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Not really.
Google search:

See? When you go this far to disparage Trump's accomplishments, how do you expect anyone to take your criticism seriously? I like the analogy that says if Trump walked on water, libs would say he can't swim. And you say Trump is dividing the country. Until you, (libs), can give credit where credit is due, and blame where blame is due, you will remain inconsequential.

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
How 'bout highest minority employment ever, lowest overall unemployment ever? The list is very long for just the last 3 years. You can't, or won't accept the truth, so keep looking for arguments to refute the facts. I think we all want the same outcome. You want to achieve it your way and we want to achieve it our way. As long as you refuse to recognize any progress that occurs our way, you can never be a part of the solution... just an emotional bystander.
I remember AOC's response to unemployment being low, something along the line of; everyone having to work multiple jobs because the economy is that bad...I'm still in shock people give her any bit of credit after her bs screaming fits and unrealistic answers with no method behind them.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I remember AOC's response to unemployment being low, something along the line of; everyone having to work multiple jobs because the economy is that bad...I'm still in shock people give her any bit of credit after her bs screaming fits and unrealistic answers with no method behind them.
She should be more like Trump to gain credibility.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I enjoyed when AOC advocated that people ignore the rule of law, and jump fare turnstiles in the NYC subway, and mislead ICE in apprehending illegal aliens. If I were Speaker of the House I would have called a vote to censure her for breaking her oath of office.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I enjoyed when AOC advocated that people ignore the rule of law, and jump fare turnstiles in the NYC subway, and mislead ICE in apprehending illegal aliens. If I were Speaker of the House I would have called a vote to censure her for breaking her oath of office.
I've the feeling you'll be quite busy calling votes of censure:D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I've got the feeling you'll be quite busy calling votes of censure:D
The House of Representatives is often a circus, but I'd probably only propose censure for cases like Ocasio-Cortez. I'm not sure what I would have done about Ilan Omar's implication that other members of Congress were influenced by funds distributed by Israel lobbying groups. On the one hand she was insulting other members of Congress, which the House has a specific policy about. On the other hand, there are many Representatives who engage their mouths before their minds. If I was the Speaker at the time, I probably would have sent her a private letter of reprimand from the office of the Speaker, with a warning that a repeat offense would result in the loss of her committee seats. To a House member that is like neutering. ;-)

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Simple. 3.5% is not the lowest unemployment rate. And, has the calculation method changed over time?
And, perhaps going from 4.8% to 3.5% is not that big a deal compared to 7.6% to 4.8%.
ps. 1968 and 1969 had such low rates as well. Blame that on Vietnam.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

See? When you go this far to disparage Trump's accomplishments, how do you expect anyone to take your criticism seriously? I like the analogy that says if Trump walked on water, libs would say he can't swim. And you say Trump is dividing the country. Until you, (libs), can give credit where credit is due, and blame where blame is due, you will remain inconsequential.
Disparage? He makes such a big deal out of it in the first place, no? Maybe he should be more careful choosing his words?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Too bad we can'
LOL. You expect anyone who believes in the drumpf to be taken seriously? Especially the drumpfs claims for credit? Mostly just sad how many in the US believe anything this lying sack of sh*t says.

highfigh

highfigh

I've the feeling you'll be quite busy calling votes of censure:D
Read the oath or members of Congress and then, if you think she's upholding it, come back and tell us why.

highfigh

highfigh

Simple. 3.5% is not the lowest unemployment rate. And, has the calculation method changed over time?
And, perhaps going from 4.8% to 3.5% is not that big a deal compared to 7.6% to 4.8%.
ps. 1968 and 1969 had such low rates as well. Blame that on Vietnam.
If you're too young to know, I understand (I don't know your age), but in 1968, the US was manufacturing its ass off and yeah, the people who went to SE Asia did make a big difference in the employment numbers, as did those who left the country to avoid the draft at a time when a little under 3% of the US population was in the region for the war.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

If you're too young to know, I understand, but in 1968, the US was manufacturing its ass off.
Yep, and the deficit was $20 billion, Now it is $1T and producing the hell out of everything.

Or, something wrong with the employment numbers?

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Yep, and the deficit was $20 billion, Now it is $1T and producing the hell out of everything.

Or, something wrong with the employment numbers?
While it would be great to have Congress balance the budget, they have proved that they just freaking can't.

The deficit is far more than $1T.

If the US was producing the hell out of everything, we wouldn't need to import so much.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis