Which of these two HDMI cables would you choose and why?

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I also
The above unit and the 12 Meter Ruipro cable arrived yesterday.

The specs on the that voltage inserter above are 1000 ma at 5 volts. That should be plenty and nothing stressed. I think that is preferable to drawing power from an HDMI that it is not designed to provide. I think this is the robust solution.

The way things are going we are at least a couple of months away from any testing, probably nearer three from studio completion. We shall all have to wait patiently for results.
I have the RUIPRO, but mine is 75' if I recall correctly. Awesome cable!

O

Otto Plyot

Junior Audioholic
Yep. The specs for HDMI 1.4 and 2.1 state that the HDMI connector provides a pin allowing the source to supply +5.0 Volts to the cable and sink and that all HDMI sources shall be able to supply a minimum of 55mA to the +5V power pin. The sink shall not draw more than 50mA of current from the +5V pin and when the sink is powered on, it can draw no more than 10mA of current from the +5V pin. The +5V power signal from the HDMI source has an over-current protection maximum of no more than 0.5A.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Audioholic Slumlord
I should complete this thread.

The Ruipro cable and the power inserter have worked perfectly for me. There have been zero issues. That was the correct choice in my opinion.

O

Otto Plyot

Junior Audioholic
I should complete this thread.

The Ruipro cable and the power inserter have worked perfectly for me. There have been zero issues. That was the correct choice in my opinion.
Thanks for posting back. It appears that for some, especially with long runs going to pj's, installing a power inserter is just the boost that is needed for reliability.

O

Otto Pylot

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for posting back. It appears that for some, especially with long runs going to pj's, installing a power inserter is just the boost that is needed for reliability.
I had to change my login info so I'm replying back to my post so I can start re-building my posts. My login name was spelled wrong so now I have to start all over. That and the fact that I forgot my pw and am unable to retrieve it back. Audioholics support is non-existent.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis