Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
after almost ten years and 800 posts this thread does nothing but continue to point out the subjective nature of speaker selection ............

J

Jerkface

Audioholic
Aw heck, I voted before I noticed the parameters. Klipsch makes two great speakers, depending on the time frame. Khorns and LaScalas (currently) or Belles (past). Everything else Klipsch is pretty much trash. So disregard my vote.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
after almost ten years and 800 posts this thread does nothing but continue to point out the subjective nature of speaker selection ............
It at least lets us know what people have access to listen to. There are a lot of brands on that list I have never heard. How can I vote if I haven't heard them all?

So, anyone reading this. I want to hear them all. :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
It at least lets us know what people have access to listen to. There are a lot of brands on that list I have never heard. How can I vote if I haven't heard them all?

So, anyone reading this. I want to hear them all. :)
Hop on a plane this fall and fly out to RMAF .......

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
And just keep on going until you hit Washington D.C. for the Capital Audio Fest. in November. Room 306.
You can check out
But you can never leave….

…because the SQ is just that good!
;)

67-79

67-79

Audioholic Intern
i use to be a speaker builder and i think that mark audio might sell the best full range speaker driver to assemble your speaker. it is a seven inchs driver witout a spider suspension, it has only a special rubber surround for suspension. it is sold online at madisound.

B

Bone-Head

Junior Audioholic
We'd like to get your opinion on who you feel makes the best built and best sounding loudspeakers in consumer audio. Your opinion should be based primarily on sound quality followed by build quality and durability. This choice should be based on the overall product line of a particular company and not just one or two products that may excel.

If you find a particular brand on this list lacking, please indicate why.

Give us reasons why you chose a particular brand or why you feel that particular brand shines above the others on this list. If your brand isn't listed here (sorry only 10 polling options allowed), please post the brand name in the thread along with your experiences.
JBL HDI 3800’s. I just installed them with the 4500 center , 1600 bookshel’s, KEF R8A’s and dual SVS PB 16ultras. I can‘t imagine much better for clean rockin out and thunderous bass. This is a fantastic combination.
JBL.jpeg

Last edited:
Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
JBL HDI 3800’s. I just installed them with the 4500 center , 1600 bookshel’s, KEF R8A’s and dual SVS PB 16ultras. I can‘t imagine much better for clean rockin out and thunderous bass. This is a fantastic combination.
Post up Photos!!! ;)

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
This thread is pretty old. People might want to find independent speaker reviews and go that route for guidance. Peoples room acoustics are not the same and their ears are not the same. Also, are you looking for Bookshelf or Towers. All one can say is, " I have this set of speakers." Also, is it for a 2 channel, 5 channel, 7 channel, etc, and with an AVR? What size room? You want Mains or Surrounds or both? What is one's budget? Is it for Music or Movie listening or both.

People might enjoy Amir's reviews: Speaker Review and Measurement Index | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

How to Evaluate Loudspeakers for Sound and Accuracy | Audioholics

One's suggestions might suffice and then look up the reviews and if it fits your budget. Good luck!

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Hop on a plane this fall and fly out to RMAF .......
And just keep on going until you hit Washington D.C. for the Capital Audio Fest in November. Room 306.
Denver is a little far but might be able to make the drive to D.C.
Canada / US border will likely remained closed until September for non-essential travel. Hopefully restrictions will get lifted by then. Got both of my shots. ;)

F

Fehl

Audiophyte
I have the same speakers and modded the front three with 3/8" of peel and seal and 2 to 4 inches of board insulation. They sound excellent and the center speaker sounds crystal clear. It's not an easy task, very time consuming but the end result is terrific.
Do you happen to have or know of a guide for this process? I have the original Infinity Primus P362 towers and I need to replace a speaker and I wouldn't be opposed to upgrading with mods.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
We can believe in Santa Claus, but there is no Santa Claus.... likewise, there is no best loudspeakers out there.... every single loudspeaker is a series of compromises. I just need to find those with the compromises that work best for me!

Last edited:
M

mdinno

Junior Audioholic
I know you can't have every brand listed but Ascend Acoustics and NHT should be on the list.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think this is now in the AH Drinking Game!

Take a drink every time someone recommends a brand that wasn’t included in the original poll.
Take 2 drinks every time someone comments that this 10 yr old thread is outdated.
Take 3 drinks for the suggestion that the thread be closed.

Cheers!
:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis