Where do you find new music?

Alisa

Alisa

Enthusiast
I listen usually to different radio stations and find the songs that i like!

AJM

AJM

Audioholic Intern
All of this has changed in the past few months, but now I find almost all my new music on TIDAL.

If I see a new album mentioned in a forum or a review, I hit TIDAL and find it there about 60% of the time.

W

whgarrett1394

Audioholic Intern
I usually wait until the end of the year and purchase a couple albums that critics agree are in the top 10.

IT Man

IT Man

Enthusiast
Spotify, Radio, Grooveshark, YouTube, Last.fm
I am into indie/underground music lately though :)

Deal4Fuji

Deal4Fuji

Enthusiast
L

Laudio

Audiophyte
If you are into Progressive/Fusion music, Auralmoon.com is the best station on the air. I listen to it daily
and ALWAY hear new music. The library is massive and continually growing, plus the Website is interactive,
you can request songs from the library and has a built in chat room for music discussion. Great place to hang out... auralmoon.com the nets best progressive rock station.

HDOM

HDOM

Audioholic Intern
i see many inspiration in the homepage poststudio masters the music that is there i try it to find it in cd form elsewere, is sad that there is not a homepage like hdtracks for only 16bit44 and if possible remastered from the reel to reel origina masters or mastered right away for digital onlinedownload, if you know what i mean.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
i see many inspiration in the homepage poststudio masters the music that is there i try it to find it in cd form elsewere, is sad that there is not a homepage like hdtracks for only 16bit44 and if possible remastered from the reel to reel origina masters or mastered right away for digital onlinedownload, if you know what i mean.
No, I don't know what you mean. Your post is incomprehensible blather in a language that I have no familiarity with. It might possible be a distant odd relative of the English language but I'm far from certain of that.

D

Diesel57

Full Audioholic
No, I don't know what you mean. Your post is incomprehensible blather in a language that I have no familiarity with. It might possible be a distant odd relative of the English language but I'm far from certain of that.
I had to read it twice to assure myself that I clearly didn't understand, your response provided understanding...

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Simple enough - how do you find out about new music? Is it a website? A magazine? TV? XM? FM? Do you actually go into a record store (remember those?) and flip through the discs?
Pandora is where I find my new artist.. I make a station of lets say Tori Amos and when they play like artists I check them out .. I found Jain this way.. Metric .. July Talk just to name a few

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Deal4Fuji I like your Avatar of metric .. I wish she would do a whole album unplugged.. I know she has a digtal down load of a few unplugged stuff .. But I want Vinyl I love her unplugged you tube stuff. .I have Old World Underground on Vinyl... Wet Blanket and Dead Disco always get full throttle treatment

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
I usually wait until the end of the year and purchase a couple albums that critics agree are in the top 10.
I stay as far as I can from any U.S.A music awards today. Most of the new stuff I get is from Canada now adays

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Some ideas from Pandora, but mostly from google and specific instruments in different genres. I may search classical or Baroque trumpet artists. or jazz violin, marimba, steel drum, steel guitar, jazz tenor sax, ragtime piano. . . .

A lot of people I know are put off by what I listen to, as if I have missed out on the classic rock/pop top 40? Truth be told, I have revisited the popular music so many times over the years and was around when most of it was invented and saw a heaping amount of it live. But now I have the internet. I have lived thru (and had enough of that format, TYVM) decades of the music industry deciding which top 40 I listened to ad nauseam. Now I find things I would never have listened to and make sure I give it a solid chance. Some of it manages to grow on me and I find many gems.

Today I was playing 'old' Kansas albums (like their debut album, masque, Leftoverture, etc.) at work. Nobody knew who it was until "Dust In the Wind" came on? These are the people that are trying to tell me what classic R&R songs I should listen to, while they haven't even scratched the surface beyond the face of the mainstream in that realm. They have no idea how incredibly brilliant a band like Kansas even was beyond one or two hit songs?

Anyhow, it is because of the internet that I am ever more curious and nothing to hold me back. Here I can get the whole story of what exists, and out from under the slimy intent of the ad industry.

DIY Junky

DIY Junky

Full Audioholic
Some ideas from Pandora, but mostly from google and specific instruments in different genres. I may search classical or Baroque trumpet artists. or jazz violin, marimba, steel drum, steel guitar, jazz tenor sax, ragtime piano. . . .

A lot of people I know are put off by what I listen to, as if I have missed out on the classic rock/pop top 40? Truth be told, I have revisited the popular music so many times over the years and was around when most of it was invented and saw a heaping amount of it live. But now I have the internet. I have lived thru (and had enough of that format, TYVM) decades of the music industry deciding which top 40 I listened to ad nauseam. Now I find things I would never have listened to and make sure I give it a solid chance. Some of it manages to grow on me and I find many gems.

Today I was playing 'old' Kansas albums (like their debut album, masque, Leftoverture, etc.) at work. Nobody knew who it was until "Dust In the Wind" came on? These are the people that are trying to tell me what classic R&R songs I should listen to, while they haven't even scratched the surface beyond the face of the mainstream in that realm. They have no idea how incredibly brilliant a band like Kansas even was beyond one or two hit songs?

Anyhow, it is because of the internet that I am ever more curious and nothing to hold me back. Here I can get the whole story of what exists, and out from under the slimy intent of the ad industry.
Its your ears and you like who you like.. I just hate the politics behind our USA music awards .. and you have touched on that so it seems like you have gone full circle.. Check out July Talk

TechHDS

Audioholic General

@“MrBoat, Back in the day was a favorite album Kansas, I can remember the TV evangelist jumped all over the Artis for the tune “Dust in the Wind” even had the whole members on if I remember right that show 7 hundreds club? Anyways the guys name Pat I think went on saying what a depressing song it was going doom and gloom lol. Guy just couldn’t relate, that was at the time in the early 80s where them TV Evangelist where getting caught with the cookie jar so to speak. Very underrated album in my book. Note: Madonna caught all kinds a hell, for her tune “Like a Virgin“ from the religious nuts, You youngsters really wouldn’t have liked all the censorship us older dudes had to put up with back in the day it really sucked the big one.

Mike

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis