Wheel Of Time on Amazon Prime (Nov 2021)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I just logged in and saw the trailer for this sitting on top of my Prime Video home page.

I
Am
So
EXCITED.
*bounces like a 7 yr old on Xmas Morn

I have been a huge fan of the Robert Jordan books since being introduced to them while I was in College. Book 7, A Crown Of Swords, had just been released. I started at the beginning and devoured all 7 books with gusto! (D@mn, you bet. :p (Jonathan Richman reference ).)
And then as the remaining several books trickled out I would read the series again from scratch... Until the bitter end. Jordan died in 2009 with the "final installment" of the story still out there in creation-land. The "penultimate" novel was published in October 2005.
Jordan had amassed a great source of notes and maps and partially written chapters, as I understand it. His wife, Harriet, and Tor Books, announced in Dec 2007 that Brandon Sanderson would finish the epic Jordan had started with the original novel published in 1990. He had joked over the years that the finale would only be one novel and that Tor would have to invent a new way to bind the book due to it's promised length.
Well... It took 4 years for Sanderson to publish the first of the final trilogy of books with The Gathering Storm in October 2009. Towers Of Midnight landed in 2010, and finally in January of 2013 A Memory Of Light brought the journey to its end.

There have been teases of movies and mini-series over the years...

But now.

It is here.

So stoked! :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I purchased 13 books of the series from 2008-2011. Have yet to read a single page lol. Looks like the series ended with the 14th book so I’ll order it now. Maybe I’ll watch the show before reading the books so I’m not disappointed :D

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
From the start I've been worried about the cast, because it seems like the first best place to screw this up, but I'm happy to see they haven't stocked a bunch of actors we know into the mix. Though it seems like every studio is unable to greenlight anything big without at least one well known face they think needs to carry the load. Hoping I can not see Rosamund Pike in my mind from a hundred other things she's done as she offers a choice role.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for the reminder. Yes, looks great; made a note.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
November 19, 2021 is the date.

Will be watching for sure. :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I just logged in and saw the trailer for this sitting on top of my Prime Video home page.

I
Am
So
EXCITED.
*bounces like a 7 yr old on Xmas Morn

I have been a huge fan of the Robert Jordan books since being introduced to them while I was in College. Book 7, A Crown Of Swords, had just been released. I started at the beginning and devoured all 7 books with gusto! (D@mn, you bet. :p (Jonathan Richman reference ).)
And then as the remaining several books trickled out I would read the series again from scratch... Until the bitter end. Jordan died in 2009 with the "final installment" of the story still out there in creation-land. The "penultimate" novel was published in October 2005.
Jordan had amassed a great source of notes and maps and partially written chapters, as I understand it. His wife, Harriet, and Tor Books, announced in Dec 2007 that Brandon Sanderson would finish the epic Jordan had started with the original novel published in 1990. He had joked over the years that the finale would only be one novel and that Tor would have to invent a new way to bind the book due to it's promised length.
Well... It took 4 years for Sanderson to publish the first of the final trilogy of books with The Gathering Storm in October 2009. Towers Of Midnight landed in 2010, and finally in January of 2013 A Memory Of Light brought the journey to its end.

There have been teases of movies and mini-series over the years...

But now.

It is here.

So stoked! :D
Bro my and my mom loved this series. All I have to say is they BETTER GET IT RIGHT!!!! ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Bro my and my mom loved this series. All I have to say is they BETTER GET IT RIGHT!!!! ;)
If by getting it right, you want to spend hours watching Nynaeve shopping for fabric... :p

I'm willing to forego many expectations I may have for the chance that they will deliver on an exciting ride through a universe I know and love.
Considering 14 very long novels spanning some 23 years of creativity, I am just really excited to see where they go with it and how they get there.

My biggest anticipation, though, will be how they handle the culmination of the Lord Of Chaos story arc. That moment in the overall story is far and away one of the most important and intense developments in the evolution of Rand.

Just so excited that they are finally doing this!!!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If by getting it right, you want to spend hours watching Nynaeve shopping for fabric... :p

I'm willing to forego many expectations I may have for the chance that they will deliver on an exciting ride through a universe I know and love.
Considering 14 very long novels spanning some 23 years of creativity, I am just really excited to see where they go with it and how they get there.

My biggest anticipation, though, will be how they handle the culmination of the Lord Of Chaos story arc. That moment in the overall story is far and away one of the most important and intense developments in the evolution of Rand.

Just so excited that they are finally doing this!!!
I'd like a GOT epic feel but without the drop-off in the last couple seasons because unlike the Wheel of Time they didn't have any more source material

They have all the books for this and If done right and they are careful about being selective off the parts of the books they choose to highlight this could really be awesome

Like you though if they can just get close or make the ride enjoyable I'm all over it!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This is one of the book series you recommended to me, and I did get them with some credits I had through Audible. Haven't gotten to them yet, but this series is now on my radar as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh crap, I didn't get those. I ended up with Brandon Sanderson and Steven Erikson instead.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I was gonna say, I though I remembered you choosing the others... ;)

Still time to get a book under your belt! :D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
5 more weeks!!!
1634443738362.png

(yes... little spaz, here. just a little. *blushes)

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I am looking forward to this one I’ve not read the books but this looks interesting .

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I have been following this and it looks promising. Will definitely be checking it out.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis