Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I perhaps should have chosen my words more carefully. I don't think the wording was chosen to intentionally stir up a ruckus. I just think that it gets overused which leads to unintended consequences. You have to consider your audience. It may be appropriate for a Geneva summit meeting where the intention is clear, but as a general notice or press release it is too open to misinterpretation. I won't dare pass this along to my conservative friends as I know they would react just like the Fox anchors. Frankly, I think even my liberal friends would not know fully what the PMO notice means without the explanation you provided. Would make an interesting discussion though.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Copied from the Twitter thread.

It could have been worded better, but it can be difficult to be concise and comprehensive on Twitter, due to its format. Regardless, this shouldn't be controversial. And, while the phrase "gender inclusive" can be triggering for snowflakes, how they react is up to them. They could actually read up on what it means in this context, or they can just look at the phrase and project their own imaginary interpretation. Different language could be used, but it would be catering to the unthinking demographic.
Different language should have been used. If someone wants a large number of people to be drawn into a cause, make it easy for them to want to and, rather than making this about gender, it should have been about safety for all. Why even bring a controversial subject into it?

Definitions matter and the definition of 'gender' is fluid, which isn't a good thing. Sex of a person is biological, gender/other identity is psychological. The point of the article brought the roles of men & women into the conversation and I don't think that was necessary- they even mentioned military vs civilian roles before, so they should have left it at that, IMO.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There have been reports that Russians have recently increased their ability to hit Ukraine targets accurately well behind the front lines. I suspect these drone mounted cameras might be the reason.

>>>The combination of a camera installed on the drone and the ability to use wireless networks, where available, would transform the Shahed into a relatively high-endurance, long-range visual reconnaissance asset capable of beyond-line-of-sight real-time operations, plugging what is otherwise a massive gap in the Russian arsenal.<<<

Here's an example of a recent attack about 55 km behind the front lines:

>>>Drone footage released by Russian sources captures a cluster strike against three Ukrainian aircraft that are at what appears to be a forward refueling point. Following that, secondary strikes are carried out against two of the helicopters that were disabled by the cluster munition strike. This footage was filmed near Novopavlivka, about 55km away from the current front lines.<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
According to a recent WSJ report, U.S. drones are expensive and they have not performed well in Ukraine.

>>>Ukrainian officials have found U.S.-made drones fragile and unable to overcome Russian jamming and GPS blackout technology. At times, they couldn’t take off, complete missions or return home. American drones often fail to fly at the distances advertised or carry substantial payloads.<<<

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Looks like Norway is stepping up..........

Brought out this album to play this afternoon, thought it to be apropos.........

highfigh

highfigh

I watched some drone strike videos last evening- the possibilities about that happening on US soil is very concerning and while projectiles from artillery or grenades would be more difficult to procure than other materials, the range of newer drones would make it possible to destroy government buildings/kill the top of the US government faster than they could hide after hearing that an attack is happening.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I watched some drone strike videos last evening- the possibilities about that happening on US soil is very concerning and while projectiles from artillery or grenades would be more difficult to procure than other materials, the range of newer drones would make it possible to destroy government buildings/kill the top of the US government faster than they could hide after hearing that an attack is happening.
Drone strikes could occur anywhere in the world these days. GB, Canada, Japan, US you pick a country and it could happen.

highfigh

highfigh

Drone strikes could occur anywhere in the world these days. GB, Canada, Japan, US you pick a country and it could happen.
Right, but they haven't been as advanced and seen to be successful until recently. I don't want terrorists being encouraged. I think the next few years could be very ugly if the wrong people are angered by the policies of various countries and it adds urgency to a problem that is very contentious in this country.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Right, but they haven't been as advanced and seen to be successful until recently. I don't want terrorists being encouraged. I think the next few years could be very ugly if the wrong people are angered by the policies of various countries and it adds urgency to a problem that is very contentious in this country.
Hell its ugly now with Israel and Iran, Russia and Ukraine,. And you always have the little fat guy in N K making threats. What's next or Who's Next !

highfigh

highfigh

Hell its ugly now with Israel and Iran, Russia and Ukraine,. And you always have the little fat guy in N K making threats. What's next or Who's Next !
The Middle East hasn't known peace, NK is a problem that should have been dealt with, but nobody has had the guts to do it since China is next door. That's a hard nut to crack. Ditto with Russia. Drones are a game changer. They're cheap, easy to buy & modify, materials for making explosives aren't difficult to find or steal, either. The next attack on the US will be a huge problem if the wrong people cross the border, or if they're already here.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Then there's this:
Germany arrests two for alleged military sabotage plot on behalf of Russia | Reuters

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis