Wheel Of Time on Amazon Prime (Nov 2021)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I just finished S02.

I think S02 is 100% better than S01.

But Jaskier is still 100% worthless and total waste of time. They need to get rid of him. He’s just excess baggage.

I look forward to S03. Hopefully S03 will be even more serious and without any jokes like Jaskier. :D
Agreed. As I said in the witcher thread. S02 is indeed much better in every way. Jaskier is SLIGHTLY less annoying but still given WAY too much screen time. Less Jaskier in S3 would be big improvement.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Agreed. As I said in the witcher thread. S02 is indeed much better in every way. Jaskier is SLIGHTLY less annoying but still given WAY too much screen time. Less Jaskier in S3 would be big improvement.
I felt at times that Witcher S02 was almost at the same table as GoT. Almost. Ceri kind of reminds me of Arya Stark in GoT with her sword training. :D

And then there goes that Jaskier clown. Facepalm. Back down to the kiddy table. :D

I hope they don’t waste any precious time on that clown in S03, unless Jaskier becomes a mage or Witcher or somebody who can ctually do something useful.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I felt at times that Witcher S02 was almost at the same table as GoT. Almost. Ceri kind of reminds me of Arya Stark in GoT with her sword training. :D

And then there goes that Jaskier clown. Facepalm. Back down to the kiddy table. :D

I hope they don’t waste any precious time on that clown in S03, unless Jaskier becomes a mage or Witcher or somebody who can ctually do something useful.
It's Ciri, short for Cirilla, and no, unfortunately, Jaskies stays himself throughout all Witcher lore :)
We already got glimpses of Ciri's power, her ability to shift places is just the tip of the iceberg. In the way, The Dragon in WoT and Ciri have a lot in common as both present the ultimate magic users.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So we're a good handful of episodes into this now and I haven't checked it out yet. What's the word? Anyone watching this? Is this show a winner?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
So we're a good handful of episodes into this now and I haven't checked it out yet. What's the word? Anyone watching this? Is this show a winner?
The lady and I enjoyed it.
It tracks the basics of the story line but there are some significant divergences, too.
I’m eager for them to get S2 out.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I liked it quite a lot and are looking forward to season 2.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Well then. I do believe you guys just knocked me off the fence! I've been dragging my heels on checking it out but it sounds like it might actually be pretty good.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Well then. I do believe you guys just knocked me off the fence! I've been dragging my heels on checking it out but it sounds like it might actually be pretty good.
I liked it but haven't got further into it because of the new Jack Reacher that just came out that's another one you have to check out

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I liked it but haven't got further into it because of the new Jack Reacher that just came out that's another one you have to check out
Exactly. I've been meaning to start watching but Reacher occupies all of my Prime viewing right now. :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
We finished watching. We really liked it. Wife said it is close to the book.
Very close to the book and the main character is perfect that's who Reacher is supposed to look like. Now you can see why everyone was so upset when Tom Cruise played that role in the movies

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Very close to the book and the main character is perfect that's who Reacher is supposed to look like. Now you can see why everyone was so upset when Tom Cruise played that role in the movies
Yep, I had read all the books and couldn't understand why they cast Tom Cruise It went against everything the character in the book was about.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
He is supposed to be 6'-5" actor is a bit shorter as 6'-2" but yes, a hell of a lot better than Tom.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I started listening to the audio books right as I started watching the show (mid November) and finished all 14 novels by mid January. It was an almost non-stop affair. Fun to relive the whole story, too.
Admittedly, it made some of the choices the showrunners made pretty blatant when they departed from the novel, but it also worked if you accepted removing yourself from the written timeline.

I think I mentioned this earlier, but the Trolloc attack in ep1 is pretty awesome and I think they did a stunning job adapting these nightmare creatures! The Lady, in re-watching it, didn't want to see that part again. :p

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I started listening to the audio books right as I started watching the show (mid November) and finished all 14 novels by mid January. It was an almost non-stop affair. Fun to relive the whole story, too.
Admittedly, it made some of the choices the showrunners made pretty blatant when they departed from the novel, but it also worked if you accepted removing yourself from the written timeline.

I think I mentioned this earlier, but the Trolloc attack in ep1 is pretty awesome and I think they did a stunning job adapting these nightmare creatures! The Lady, in re-watching it, didn't want to see that part again. :p
The Trolloc part was indeed super bad a$$

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yep, I had read all the books and couldn't understand why they cast Tom Cruise It went against everything the character in the book was about.
I remember when they talked about it coming out as a movie I was so excited!!!!

And then they said tom cruise was playing REACHER.....

:oops:

And I said......

Well sh$t on me! :mad:

:D

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
All right!

It looks like S2 is slated to air 9/1/2023!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
After season 1 I can't get excited for this.
If anything, at the very least, it can be said that the Wheel of Time series hasn't gone the god-awful "remix" path taken by the so-called "The Foundation."
I read a few WoT books back in 2021, and I, for one looking forward to S2 and hopefully much longer.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis