What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
RIHP BJ Thomas passed today.
Discog:

Label:

Scepter Records – SPS 580

Format:

Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Monarch Press, Unipak

US

Released:

Genre:

Pop, Stage & Screen

Style:

Soft Rock, Vocal, Ballad, Theme
IMG_29052021_220518_(1201_x_2200_pixel).jpg

Wiki
Billy Joe Thomas (August 7, 1942 – May 29, 2021) was an American singer widely known as B. J. Thomas for his pop, country, and Christian hits of the 1960s and 1970s. He made popular recordings of "Hooked on a Feeling" (1968), "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" (1969) and "(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song" (1975).
IMG_29052021_220534_(1554_x_2200_pixel).jpg

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head from the Motion Picture Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid.
IMG_29052021_220545_(1238_x_2200_pixel).jpg

Got this record at my TS about a month ago. This guy had a great vocal range. Thomas covers Suspicious Minds. Alot of great songwriters on here.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
RIHP BJ Thomas passed today.
Discog:

Label:

Scepter Records – SPS 580

Format:

Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo, Monarch Press, Unipak

US

Released:

Genre:

Pop, Stage & Screen

Style:

Soft Rock, Vocal, Ballad, Theme
View attachment 48072
Wiki
Billy Joe Thomas (August 7, 1942 – May 29, 2021) was an American singer widely known as B. J. Thomas for his pop, country, and Christian hits of the 1960s and 1970s. He made popular recordings of "Hooked on a Feeling" (1968), "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head" (1969) and "(Hey Won't You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song" (1975).
View attachment 48073
Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head from the Motion Picture Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid.
View attachment 48074
Got this record at my TS about a month ago. This guy had a great vocal range. Thomas covers Suspicious Minds. Alot of great songwriters on here.
Oh I had the single pretty much at time of release :) Can't say I've paid much attention otherwise, altho I do believe I've heard the cover of Suspicious Minds. Now, at that time I had no idea what BJ referred to, tho.... :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^Only 6 tracks. More of an EP. Did you just buy it?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
^^Only 6 tracks. More of an EP. Did you just buy it?
No, have owned it for many many years. Wore out the next door neighbor's copy first, tho since my best friend's older brother owned it and introduced us to it. It's a full length album, look at the track lengths, not typical pop music. Hard to go wrong with Stevie Winwood, Dave Capaldi, Dave Mason, Jim Gordon, Rick Grech, Chris Wood and Rebop Kwaku Baah at their peak (IMO). Give it a shot....

ps This album played on vinyl with the surface noises from needle drop on especially brings back the memories of those days listening to this record with my friend and his brother...

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No, have owned it for many many years. Wore out the next door neighbor's copy first, tho since my best friend's older brother owned it and introduced us to it. It's a full length album, look at the track lengths, not typical pop music. Hard to go wrong with Stevie Winwood, Dave Capaldi, Dave Mason, Jim Gordon, Rick Grech, Chris Wood and Rebop Kwaku Baah at their peak (IMO). Give it a shot....

ps This album played on vinyl with the surface noises from needle drop on especially brings back the memories of those days listening to this record with my friend and his brother...
Cool story. Hopefully I'll run into that album. What cart are you using?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cool story. Hopefully I'll run into that album. What cart are you using?
Probably the last one I'll ever own...unless I break it, a Shure M97xE

Was just looking at the very long list of versions at discogs, shouldn't be too hard to run into (or just stream it :) )....too bad there's not a multich SACD of it, I'd buy it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis