What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Where do you find this stuff? My local used / new record shop does not seem to have this kind, did you get it off the internet or what?
one of my favorite stops when back home in Rochester.........

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
gotta love Chuck, being from Rochester I grew up with him and his brother Gap. If you want to see what your system is capable of, get a copy of 'Children of Sanchez', your woofers will be a dancing !!
Here it is Mikado got it last year in mint condition:
IMG_10062021_203712_(1694_x_2000_pixel).jpg
IMG_10062021_203724_(1498_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Inspired to dig out my copy which is in pristine condition. Interesting recording. The vocals are distorted and it sounds like it's due to the microphone or preamp. Instrumentation is great though. Cymbals and piano just sound lovely as well as the bongos and flute. The cymbals in particular are so clear on this recording besting a lot of CDs that I have. Goes to show that it's not so much the medium but the recording engineer and mixer. This is one of those vinyl recordings where it sounds like you're in the mixing booth. Very nice.
20210610_225920.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Inspired to dig out my copy which is in pristine condition. Interesting recording. The vocals are distorted and it sounds like it's due to the microphone or preamp. Instrumentation is great though. Cymbals and piano just sound lovely as well as the bongos and flute. The cymbals in particular are so clear on this recording besting a lot of CDs that I have. Goes to show that it's not so much the medium but the recording engineer and mixer. This is one of those vinyl recordings where it sounds like you're in the mixing booth. Very nice.
View attachment 484609
It may not be the best recording, let alone on just vinyl, I just find it a very enjoyable recording both in terms of performance/material. I know what you mean by some of the vocal distortion....Stevie had more range than the mic? :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
It may not be the best recording, let alone on just vinyl, I just find it a very enjoyable recording both in terms of performance/material. I know what you mean by some of the vocal distortion....Stevie had more range than the mic? :)
Hahah... yeah, I've been commenting on the quality of recordings but that album does have nice content. An early example of '70's prog rock with some jazz mixed in. Hidden Treasure and Low Spark are very relaxing. I just love how the cymbals are recorded though. You can hear the drum stick tap the metal and it's such a nice clear ring. Youtube at 128k MP3 does not do this album justice; you really need a nice quality recording of this one.

Too few albums get cymbals right. As someone who's played live music, properly recorded drums go a long way in making a recording sound realistic. It's hard to do though with the wide dynamics and the sound bleeding to other microphones around the kit.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hahah... yeah, I've been commenting on the quality of recordings but that album does have nice content. An early example of '70's prog rock with some jazz mixed in. Hidden Treasure and Low Spark are very relaxing. I just love how the cymbals are recorded though. You can hear the drum stick tap the metal and it's such a nice clear ring. Youtube at 128k MP3 does not do this album justice; you really need a nice quality recording of this one.

Too few albums get cymbals right. As someone who's played live music, properly recorded drums go a long way in making a recording sound realistic. It's hard to do though with the wide dynamics and the sound bleeding to other microphones around the kit.
I don't do the youtube music thing. Commercials and quality and don't really care for the video often. I've had the cd of this for a long time now, easier than playing the vinyl except for the nostalgia fix once in a while. My buddy was always talking about the odd time signature (think that's what he called it, am not a musician) used on Low Spark...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Good Day! ✌
Wake up! 80s

IMG_12062021_123548_(1406_x_2500_pixel).jpg

Crimes of Passion - Pat Benatar
Chrysler records in 1980.
Recorded in Cali.
IMG_12062021_123532_(1569_x_1800_pixel).jpg

Got this yesterday at Goodwill! So happy I found it. Love Benatar. A couple of scratches, but very playable after a good cleaning. B-
Hope to find more of her stuff.
IMG_12062021_123613_(1698_x_1800_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dennis Brown - Classic Gold
1991 at Rocky One Records.
Recorded in Kingston, Jamaica.
IMG_12062021_134054_(884_x_1800_pixel).jpg

Dennis Emmanuel Brown CD (1 February 1957 – 1 July 1999) was a Jamaican reggae singer. During his prolific career, which began in the late 1960s when he was aged eleven, he recorded more than 75 albums and was one of the major stars of lovers rock, a subgenre of reggae. Bob Marley cited Brown as his favourite singer, dubbing him "The Crown Prince of Reggae", and Brown would prove influential on future generations of reggae singers.
---
Whoa sounds amazing. Found this yesterday at Goodwill as well. In great condition and beautifully mastered and Bass is great, but not over done. A- condition. Great to have a good hits package by Brown. RIHP.
IMG_12062021_134042_(1041_x_1800_pixel).jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
60s Double The Julie.
By Myself - Julie London
IMG_12062021_170013_(1245_x_2100_pixel).jpg

By Myself is an LP album by Julie London, released by Liberty Records for Columbia House Record Club under catalog number MCR-1 as a monophonic recording and catalog number SCR-1 in stereo in 1965.
IMG_12062021_170023_(1305_x_2100_pixel).jpg

As you can see I bought this one twice. The first one was in good condition and bought about a month and a half ago. Recent find was more mint front, back and vinyl. So cool to find her stuff here and there in Thrift journeys. More to come. ✌
IMG_12062021_170032_(1220_x_2100_pixel).jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
From Pat Benatar I really like Wide Awake in America. From 1988 it's a rock album released before before she did the blues album True Love.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
She was TV’s sexiest nurse as Dixie in “Emergency.” Her “Cry Me A River” is kinda’ the definitive version.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
She was TV’s sexiest nurse as Dixie in “Emergency.” Her “Cry Me A River” is kinda’ the definitive version.
Yet "I'm in the Mood for Love" is higher up on the Spotify thingie by 4M. Haven't listened to either but these are gonna be my first (and it could just well turn out....oh, THAT'S who did that".....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, been listening to some while I prepped dinner....it was Sway (remastered) that made my ears perk up for both sound and memory (but can't remember what soundtracks may be at the root....yet). Overall the music/style isn't my taste particularly....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis