What VINYL ONLY Are Ya Listening To? Thread! ;)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Chuck Mangione - Man Squeeze.
Testing new cart from Amazon warehouse for only $26 I guess used, but really new in box. Elliptical too. Left the cartridge on from another Turntable that needle was broken and just put the new needle on. Regular price $39. So far I'm really digging it. No surface noise.
IMG_01062021_191715_(1493_x_2500_pixel).jpg
IMG_01062021_191702_(1713_x_2500_pixel).jpg
IMG_01062021_191739_(1553_x_2000_pixel).jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Those platter work on any table or just belt driven ones?
Should work on any table as it's just a support platform but obvious limitations. If the belt runs the platter directly then it has to be an exact replacement to fit the belt. With the EVO the belt runs a sub-platter so the platter is a drop in replacement. Many direct drive tt have a strobe light so acrylic is a no go there. If the belt doesn't touch the platter and there are no strobe markings on the outer rim, acrylic is a possibility but thickness needs to match so that the stylus height remains the same. Nice thing is that you don't need a mat and if you tap the acrylic ones they don't "ring". I don't know if it affects static electricity dispersion though. Might be some YouTube videos on that.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I also had a tt with cutouts in the mat and platter so that a light would shine through for record size detection. No acrylic replacement for those either.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bought this way back in '82 when it first came out, can't remember where but know it wasn't Amazon!

The Psychedelic Furs - Forever Now , before the days of CD, cover says 'also available on cassette' :p

IMG_3388.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
60s Blues
The Trumpet of Pete Condoli - Blues, When your love is gone.
IMG_08062021_000443_(1627_x_2300_pixel).jpg

Discog
Label:
Somerset – SF-17200, Fresh Sound Records – FSR-518
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
US
Released:
Genre:
Jazz, Blues
Style:
Cool Jazz
Credits
IMG_08062021_000456_(1319_x_2300_pixel).jpg

From my recent haul. Beautiful record with some top musicianship. Lucky cool find. In good condition with some pops. B+.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Chuck Mangione - Man Squeeze.
Testing new cart from Amazon warehouse for only $26 I guess used, but really new in box. Elliptical too. Left the cartridge on from another Turntable that needle was broken and just put the new needle on. Regular price $39. So far I'm really digging it. No surface noise.
View attachment 48230View attachment 48231View attachment 48232
gotta love Chuck, being from Rochester I grew up with him and his brother Gap. If you want to see what your system is capable of, get a copy of 'Children of Sanchez', your woofers will be a dancing !!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
gotta love Chuck, being from Rochester I grew up with him and his brother Gap. If you want to see what your system is capable of, get a copy of 'Children of Sanchez', your woofers will be a dancing !!
I think I have it. Will check the cover art.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
60s Blues
The Trumpet of Pete Condoli - Blues, When your love is gone.
View attachment 48359
Discog
Label:
Somerset – SF-17200, Fresh Sound Records – FSR-518
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
US
Released:
Genre:
Jazz, Blues
Style:
Cool Jazz
Credits
View attachment 48360
From my recent haul. Beautiful record with some top musicianship. Lucky cool find. In good condition with some pops. B+.
Where do you find this stuff? My local used / new record shop does not seem to have this kind, did you get it off the internet or what?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis