What power conditioner do I need for Denon avr-x6700h av receiver?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Will that clean up ac power noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's part of the function of the power supply- it converts AC power to DC power, which is what the circuits use. Lots of filtering happens in the power supply.

Best practice- use a whole house filter at the breaker panel and local filtering at the rack, to remove spikes from devices inside of the building.

M

Methodical

Audioholic
Unplug your gear from the sockets is even better if you're talking lightning....that's what my EE and pro sound installer grandfather always did in lightning prone areas....
There will be times when you are not at home to unplug the equipment when the fireworks start, so this method is not full proof; you still need protection. Get protection at the main box and at the equipment.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There will be times when you are not at home to unplug the equipment when the fireworks start, so this method is not full proof; you still need protection. Get protection at the main box and at the equipment.
Just unplug the stuff before leaving if away for periods of time if in such an area would be a good precaution.

M

Methodical

Audioholic
Just unplug the stuff before leaving if away for periods of time if in such an area would be a good precaution.
That is not something I want to have to remember to do every time I leave my house, so it's much easier and more convenient to just install the protection; set it and forget it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That is not something I want to have to remember to do every time I leave my house, so it's much easier and more convenient to just install the protection; set it and forget it.
My comment was just in the case of being in an area where lightning is a concern (personally that's not a concern where I live)....but would have whole house surge protection first in any case if power surges are a concern (also not a problem where I live....so far :) ).

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
What power conditioner do I need to have for Denon Avr-x6700h? It is a 11.2 channel av receiver. I have a Sony Tv xbr75x800h . An amazon fire tv cube.No subwoofer.

Ignore the jesters who are saying that you read some audiophool article. What speakers, DAC, etc do you have? There is some very intricate stuff out there.... But, i personally don't think it is necessary if you're just trying to find something for a Denon receiver. Seriously, save your cash

BUT.....on the other hand....if you have very highly resolving gear like some of the TAD speakers out there...or a luxman C900u or a Technics SE-R1 or a Denafrips terminator etc etc....you would benefit from the deployment of a good balanced isolation power conditioner (with great common mode rejection, etc etc, whatever). Now, we are talking about almost a 100k dollars worth of gear that one may have. So, It would indeed make sense to a) PROTECT your gear and b) keep everything dead quiet (i mean dead freaking quiet no matter what time of the day it is)...You know when guys who've dropped six figures start rambling that everything sounds way better late at night and sounds like sht in the afternoon, they are not just hallucinating. Anyways, If you have good recordings and all the right gear, it may all start to sound/feel like a spiritual experience. But, if you have sht recordings, gear like that may want to make you rip your ears off. So, there are trade offs (because you may not always have great source material from your favorite artists). Either way, it is late at night and I just don't feel like arguing this for ages with the jesters. But, even in the above mentioned scenario, you should not spend more than a 1000 dollars for "power conditioning" or whatever else you wanna call it!! There's stuff right around a 1000 dollars that is just plain incredible.

If some lying conniving vulture is trying to sell you 10k worth of "power conditioning" and trying to rub another 10k worth of snake oil on your bum, just run away as fast as you can.

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Yes. Tripp lite is good.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis