What power conditioner do I need for Denon avr-x6700h av receiver?

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
What power conditioner do I need to have for Denon Avr-x6700h? It is a 11.2 channel av receiver. I have a Sony Tv xbr75x800h . An amazon fire tv cube.No subwoofer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
I would question the word "need". Unless you have power problems in your area, you would probably be fine just plugging it into the outlet. That being said, I use a battery back up. It has worked fine for years: Cyberpower CP425SLG available from Amazon for around $50.00.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
You don't.

Unless you live in an old victorian or somewhere that the power is highly wonky.

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Will that clean up ac power noise?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What power noise?

If there is something you are experiencing, spill it. :)

Otherwise, Power Conditioners are mostly a waste.

I, for example, just use household wall outlets with Power strips. I have no hum, buzz, or anything else.

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
It all began with a simple dream of a home theater.......

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
It all began with a simple dream of a home theater.......

OK... That's good. :)

the question stands, do you actually hear things through radios or other speakers that make you think your electricity is wonky?

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Not really. I am only concerned about protecting my investment. So what do you guys suggest?

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
Right now I just have a power strip surge protector.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Do you rent? Own? House or shared building?

I ask, because the smartest thing to do is whole home surge protection.
Beyond that, get yourself one or two good surge protectors rated for the Amperage you will be drawing and preferably something with strong protection against any high powered surges. These usually come with Guarantees of Protection and claim of insurance if they do not do their job.

Also Renters Insurance if you rent. ;)

If you live in an area with frequent electrical storms, unplug your gear when the show starts.

Toward that, our power grid out in a more rural area is susceptible to failure from people hitting power poles and wind and tree issues. As soon as power goes out, I flip the switches so they won't get stressed as the power comes back on.
Same goes for a brown out... actually double for that... if you think something is wrong, just shut down immediately.

:cool:

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
I agree. I bought Furman elite 15 i .

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
Not really. I am only concerned about protecting my investment. So what do you guys suggest?

The battery backup I recommended (CP425SLG) is a surge suppressor and uninterruptible power supply. It's about as much protection as you can get for a reasonable price.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
:rolleyes:
So, the other thing about that cr@p is that it also restricts power flow to your gear.

C

Coolravicool

Junior Audioholic
So is the belkin one similar to the Furman? I am guessing Belkin is also a power conditioner ..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis