What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'm interested to compare them just to get a good feel of the different dispersion patterns. It helps that Dennis has his instant switch mechanism to make such differences fairly obvious.
Well I'm interested to hear your impressions. I love that instant switcher and I inquired about buying one, but the price was a bit prohibitive (~$2000 IIRC). Plus the software still has some kinks in it so I decided to hold off until I hit the lotto.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Gish Deluxe edition to replace the original album that was stolen.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Had a nice collection of Fountain Pens, so I thought I'd start again:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I bought 4 of these guys today Testo 0563 3372 71 #1 Commercial/Industrial Combustion Analyzer Kit, 23 to 113 Degree F Range: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific paid $2000 each direct from the rep, but they deliver them and teach the guys all the new stuff, plus my old fyre rite pros will sell on ebay for $500 or so a piece... Also picked up 2 new pipe threaders for $4600 each and by the end of the week I will probably spend another $25K in recovery machines, vacuum pumps, torch kits, misc. testers and tools, ect.. I have to go through everything every 4 or 5 years and make sure the equipment is costing more to maintain than it would to replace it and sell the existing stuff before it is worthless... Technology changes too, my flir TI's are brand new and already they don't make that model any longer... at $6K each you think they would keep a model more than 3 years..
A lot of the stuff gets replaced before 5 years since the guys like to drop $5,000 core drills off roofs, run over drills and toolboxes like they get points for it and don't even get me started on company phones, this is the last year of that sh!t, 8 $200+ phones this year, I stopped the insurance on them since they charge you $100 anyway and it takes forever to get the phone back...
We are having a long talk at this years xmass party before I hand out the bonuses, and either 2014 shows change or my payroll roster will... But anyway, I get grumpy when I have to spend money on equipment, it used to be fun when it was a $500 drill or $200 set of gauges, but now that it averages $20K a year, I get a pit in my stomach....

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Nice. Is that surround 5.1 classical or 2.0?
It's 5.1, but rear surrounds, not surrounds. It's the one TLS Guy mentioned in lsiberian's visit thread. He said it has extremely difficult to reproduce bass so I wanted to see how my system stacks up. Should be interesting.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got this today after seeing the show. 3CD Boxset.:cool:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Rewatching "The Croods" tonight. PQ and SQ are noticibly better than streaming, and there are a few other little things that are different, which I think are the fault of streaming. Overall, still a fun movie.

moves

moves

Audioholic Chief
totem1.jpgtotem4.jpgtotem2.jpg

Last Saturday, I got the new Totem Tribe 5 centre channel.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^How is it?
Got it used on the bay for the TLSGuy Vinyl Setup.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis