What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

D

dolynick

Audioholic
1722727416991.png

I expect I'll likely be building a new PC in the fall/winter, so I've been picking up drives and bits when I see a reasonable discount. This one wasn't a fantastic deal, but it was near the lowest historical pricing and I saved myself a little over $100.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 68711
I expect I'll likely be building a new PC in the fall/winter, so I've been picking up drives and bits when I see a reasonable discount. This one wasn't a fantastic deal, but it was near the lowest historical pricing and I saved myself a little over $100.
I had my cousin build me a PC a few years ago now, when the M.2 drive systems were just coming out. My drive is only 1/2 that size, I should look into adding another and/or upgrading now that pricing has come down some. My God, that stuff is unbelievably FAST!!!

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just ordered a Denon 3800 from my local mom and pop shop, waiting for it to arrive. Finally get to upgrade from the Marantz 5014.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
I had bought a Nordost Silver Shadow digital cable from my dealer for $75 (I was feeling very rich that one day) and use that co-ax 75Ω SPDIF cable to connect the Vault 2 to the Luxman DA-06 dac, then some cool blue Cardas XLR balanced cables that I bought off eBay for $35 (which no one can see) to connect the dac to the Luxman L-509X integrated amp.

BTW, I bought the USA-spec DA-06 off eBay for $1977 shipped. There's a newer DA-250 there right now that's also a headphone amp for $1399, and those have a remote control that my DA-06 doesn't get.
Thanks I saw that on eBay. I only buy used equipment from Amazon or in person based on my experience. I’m definitely down the rabbit hole now. I’m going to keep auditioning one at a time connecting the Node as a streamer to the external DAC.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks I saw that on eBay. I only buy used equipment from Amazon or in person based on my experience. I’m definitely down the rabbit hole now. I’m going to keep auditioning one at a time connecting the Node as a streamer to the external DAC.
You're warmly invited to come visit and hear what the DA-06 dac sounds like on my system. I'm home all this week as I have a contractor installing a mini-split system in my music room and the guest bedroom near it on Tuesday and Wednesday, then the electrician wiring it up on Thursday. If you do come over and like what you hear, I'd be willing to loan it to you for a few days to see if it works in your system.

Just send me a PM.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
THAT is incredibly lucky!! I'm thrilled for you, and of course at least a little bit envious.

What's on your radar for using the credit?
Thanks. I am going to get a trade in value for my Dali's and then wait for the right speakers to come in. Focal Sopra 1 would be the optimal choice but open to others as well.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
View attachment 68711
Exactly the spec M.2 NVMe Drive that I've been hunting for for almost a year. (Samsung makes good drives.) When I built my son a new Gamer Box last Fall I was able to buy 2 similar 4TB drives for about $250 each (Canadian Dollars) for it. Since I finished it there has been a rapid rise in the pricing from almost all vendors. I'm planning to move all of my "in box" storage on my main PC to M.2 Drives, and retire the old rotating HDs to back up duty only. But I'm waiting to find a "Deal" about $250 each (Canadian Dollars) from reputable OEMs before pulling the trigger. I'll keep hunting.

I hope your works well for years and years.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Purchased a Pro-Tech Runt 5 and Microtech Hera a couple weeks ago and a Reate EXO-M gravity knife just the other day. Blade HQ had a limited run of cheaper EXO-M in aluminum with nitro-v blades instead of the normal titanium with premium steel. Only $129 so they sold out quickly. I wanted a drop point blade instead of tanto but those sold through extremely quickly.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
After a motorcycling meet & greet this morning, I left a little after 11:00AM with my empty backpack and headed to Joe's Albums in downtown Worcester MA. Only the Cannonball Adderly one was I actively seeking, all the others were just spur-of-the-moment finds. Very happy with each of them, and I should be able to listen to them later today.

"Something Else," Cannonball Adderly, Miles Davis, Hank Jones, Sam Jones, & Art Blakey, a MoFi Ultradisk One-Step, added to a miscellaneous collection of quality jazz records.
Van Halen "II," a MoFi Ultradisk One-Step, added to the small collection of 4 other, period copies.
Lumineers "III," 180 gram release, added to 3 other Lumineers records.
Norah Jones "Come Away With Me", a 20th anniversary edition of a seminal work from her added to 3 others I own. (German pressing)
Miles Davis "Blue," a landmark jazz album that every collection should have, now I do. On 180 gram vinyl.

8-4-2024_purchase.jpg

Last edited:
D

dolynick

Audioholic
Exactly the spec M.2 NVMe Drive that I've been hunting for for almost a year. (Samsung makes good drives.) When I built my son a new Gamer Box last Fall I was able to buy 2 similar 4TB drives for about $250 each (Canadian Dollars) for it. Since I finished it there has been a rapid rise in the pricing from almost all vendors. I'm planning to move all of my "in box" storage on my main PC to M.2 Drives, and retire the old rotating HDs to back up duty only. But I'm waiting to find a "Deal" about $250 each (Canadian Dollars) from reputable OEMs before pulling the trigger. I'll keep hunting.

I hope your works well for years and years.
$250 CAD for a 4 TB 990 Pro would be an incredible deal. I'm jealous. They're considerably more now, even on sale. I would have definitely bought two if I was able to get that pricing these days.

Last edited:
D

dolynick

Audioholic
One fo these arrived today:
1722889871068.png

I noted noise coming through my Topping D70 Pro Sabre when my GPU was under stress so I decided to use it.

I had trouble with my first order due to supply so I had to order again elsewhere and accidentally bouth the USB C input instead A on both ends, but the good news is that it definitely worked. No more noise when the GPU is under load.

I'll be ordering a cheap little A to C adapter to go with it as I currently only have a single type C output on this PC. Relatively inexpensive fix.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
You're warmly invited to come visit and hear what the DA-06 dac sounds like on my system. I'm home all this week as I have a contractor installing a mini-split system in my music room and the guest bedroom near it on Tuesday and Wednesday, then the electrician wiring it up on Thursday. If you do come over and like what you hear, I'd be willing to loan it to you for a few days to see if it works in your system.

Just send me a PM.
That’s very generous of you thank you very much!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks. I am going to get a trade in value for my Dali's and then wait for the right speakers to come in. Focal Sopra 1 would be the optimal choice but open to others as well.
If you would be willing, you're more than welcome to visit me and audition KEF Reference Meta speakers in a really good room that together with my system makes then truly disappear and you're left with a single, broad, deep, and tall soundstage.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
If you would be willing, you're more than welcome to visit me and audition KEF Reference Meta speakers in a really good room that together with my system makes then truly disappear and you're left with a single, broad, deep, and tall soundstage.
Thanks. If I can find a way to do it before the summer is over, I will. The KEF Ref 1's are on the list that I gave them as well. I figured why not shoot for the fences and then the wife will crash me back to reality. I am not in a hurry so I am going to wait for the right deal.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Added the highest-quality comfort addition that I could find for my music listening room...a Mitsubishi Electric Multi-Split system. The outdoor section (compressor) is capable of two zones and 18,000btu, so our guest bedroom got a unit on the wall as well. I'm VERY impressed with how effective and QUIET this is while running! Best thing is having my window available again in the summertime. :D

Mitsubishi_Multi-Split.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Added the highest-quality comfort addition that I could find for my music listening room...a Mitsubishi Electric Multi-Split system. The outdoor section (compressor) is capable of two zones and 18,000btu, so our guest bedroom got a unit on the wall as well. I'm VERY impressed with how effective and QUIET this is while running! Best thing is having my window available again in the summertime. :D

View attachment 68771
Schweet!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_5576.JPG

Bought a "region free" UHD 4k Blu-ray/DVD player. Sony UBP-X700 /M (top device,)
plays all DVD regions 0-8, Blu-ray ABC

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Nothing to do with audio or video, picked up 4 of these tasty yellow peaches. .99 cent for each one. Each week for the last 5 weeks I've spent over twenty five dollars on these tasty peaches. Some were about the size of a softball some no smaller than a hard ball. Very juicy very tasty yum! They are from Georgia, State of the peach. They are as tasty as they say they are. :)
1723474972325.png

Last edited:
T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
These came in Saturday Already installed and made a huge difference. Old ones were Getting pretty bad couldn't see at night, in my old age all the help I can get. 1995 Chevy C1500 Extended cab step side. 259588 miles on it, Still going strong, love not having no note to pay. Yes everything works including the ac and cruise control not a lick rust on the whole truck.

1723475495197.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis