What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Cmon already Mike its 2024! :) :) :) :)
I'm so glad I got the WIIM Pro Plus last year. It's like having an ultra HI Fi FM tuner that lets you pick the artist and songs never having to change the LP or CD. Have you been able to listen to a streamer in person yet?
David, you know what they say when you're retired.........'why bother doing today what you can put off and do tomorrow' !

yes I've listened through my sons kit on his A6 so I have a good benchmark IMO. In all probability I'll make a move on something this fall, too many outside activities this time of year

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Finally Got the Eversolo DMP-A8 I ordered and after only 2 of my demo songs I can tell it’s an upgrade over the A6 I was auditioning. It’s like a veil was lifted off of a soundscape that was already better than my Bluesound Node 130. The clarity and depth of instruments including cymbal crashes, that my old man ears are sensitive to, are the best streaming I’ve heard. I Like that I was able to connect my CD player to the A8 using XLR cables and then XLRs to my Rotel setup. I will connect a CD drive to the USB input to rip CDs to the unit that aren’t available on Qobuz So I can play all my music through the unit Without having to pull out and play the discs every time. I got a good open-box deal through Amazon View attachment 68568so I feel the extra price is worth it. Once I hear better sound I can’t put the genie back in the bottle. It has so many settings I’ll be checking out the features for a while. Looking forward to even more listening later tonight.
Update: I’m having issues with the wireless wi-fi connectivity. I’ll be streaming Qobuz operating the unit with the app on my iPad and the music will stop. The unit looks like it‘s still playing but there’s no sound. I check and I’ve lost the connection between my iPad and the unit. I contacted the company and they suggested a factory reset, which I did and the same thing happens. They recommended a wired Ethernet connection which isn’t an option for my setup. The app only gets a 3.3 rating on the Apple App Store because of this issue. Happens with Qobuz and Tidal from the reviews I’ve read. So it works if I operate from the touchscreen, not using my iPad, but that’s not ideal. I can return for a full refund. I can’t recommend the unit even though I love the sound etc. If Eversolo doesn’t fix this issue they will be dealing with the same fallout Sonos is now.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Update: I’m having issues with the wireless wi-fi connectivity. I’ll be streaming Qobuz operating the unit with the app on my iPad and the music will stop. The unit looks like it‘s still playing but there’s no sound. I check and I’ve lost the connection between my iPad and the unit. I contacted the company and they suggested a factory reset, which I did and the same thing happens. They recommended a wired Ethernet connection which isn’t an option for my setup. The app only gets a 3.3 rating on the Apple App Store because of this issue. Happens with Qobuz and Tidal from the reviews I’ve read. So it works if I operate from the touchscreen, not using my iPad, but that’s not ideal. I can return for a full refund. I can’t recommend the unit even though I love the sound etc. If Eversolo doesn’t fix this issue they will be dealing with the same fallout Sonos is now.
My friend said Tidal gave the same issue with the A6. Roon is rock solid. Plays about 8 hrs per day and never a drop out. If you have local music and use Qobuz then try Roon for a month free and see what you think.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My KEF Reference 1 Meta need a little low end reinforcement, and I've been using for a few years an old Miller & Kreisel V-90 that I'd reworked with an SB Acoustics SB34 SWPL-76-4 driver and Dayton Audio SPA250DSP plate amp (and its associated app.)

Today I visited my esteemed KEF Elite dealer to discuss upping the game. In my mind I considered the KEF KF92 or if no longer available, the new KC92. What concerned me about those was the dual drivers and my available spots to place it.

My current front-firing sub (that I built out of the cabinet of a Miller & Kreisel V-90 with help from @TLS Guy is in the left front corner, and that spot was chosen by doing the sub crawl. As it would be a drop in plug 'n play because they're also front-firing like my current sub, we discussed the Kube 15 MIE and Kube 12 MIE. Then I asked about JL Audio E & F series. He doesn't sell Rel and asked why, he replied that it's because they're not as capable or competitive in price as others he has from JL Audio, Paradigm, KEF, B&W, Totem, SVS, and PSB until you get into their much higher-priced ones.

I came home with a killer deal on a gloss black JL Audio E112! It's really good, though it needs a little break-in time.
E112_in-situ.jpg

E112_label.jpg

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Nice. An JL E series was on my list of candidates when I was considering new subs for my living room.

Hope you enjoy it.

Matt34

Matt34

My KEF Reference 1 Meta need a little low end reinforcement, and I've been using for a few years an old Miller & Kreisel V-90 that I'd reworked with an SB Acoustics SB34 SWPL-76-4 driver and Dayton Audio SPA250DSP plate amp (and its associated app.)

Today I visited my esteemed KEF Elite dealer to discuss upping the game. In my mind I considered the KEF KF92 or if no longer available, the new KC92. What concerned me about those was the dual drivers and my available spots to place it.

My current front-firing sub (that I built out of the cabinet of a Miller & Kreisel V-90 with help from @TLS Guy is in the left front corner, and that spot was chosen by doing the sub crawl. As it would be a drop in plug 'n play because they're also front-firing like my current sub, we discussed the Kube 15 MIE and Kube 12 MIE. Then I asked about JL Audio E & F series. He doesn't sell Rel and asked why, he replied that it's because they're not as capable or competitive in price as others he has from JL Audio, Paradigm, KEF, B&W, Totem, SVS, and PSB until you get into their much higher-priced ones.

I came home with a killer deal on a gloss black JL Audio E112! It's really good, though it needs a little break-in time.
View attachment 68606
View attachment 68607
Nice! I want to try out an E112 (or a pair) one of these days. I have a KF92 I picked up from Kef USA website for $1399. It's a heck of a sub for it's size.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Nice! I want to try out an E112 (or a pair) one of these days. I have a KF92 I picked up from Kef USA website for $1399. It's a heck of a sub for it's size.
I seriously thought about getting one but was worried about how well the dual drivers would work stuffed into a corner cubbyhole with walls on two sides and that record cabinet on the third. I was afraid it could get very boomy, white I have direct experience with the old sub being successful as a front-firing type.

This one is a little faster-acting than the one it replaced, and has 5x the power.

Matt34

Matt34

I seriously thought about getting one but was worried about how well the dual drivers would work stuffed into a corner cubbyhole with walls on two sides and that record cabinet on the third. I was afraid it could get very boomy, white I have direct experience with the old sub being successful as a front-firing type.

This one is a little faster-acting than the one it replaced, and has 5x the power.
Yeah, you picked the right tool for your application.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
So you chose something else?
I really enjoy the sound using their high level connection setup on the REL T-Zero I use for my bedroom/office system, so I decided to try one of their larger models and picked up a s/510 instead. Not a great value buy on paper by specs, but I do quite enjoy the results of how it meshes sonically with the big paradigms in the livingroom.

I have a JL and two SVS subs in my theatre room and they do a stellar job too, but it's a different style of bass and experience down there.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
David, you know what they say when you're retired.........'why bother doing today what you can put off and do tomorrow' !

yes I've listened through my sons kit on his A6 so I have a good benchmark IMO. In all probability I'll make a move on something this fall, too many outside activities this time of year
I'm retired also and I hear you. I don't even like anything scheduled for me. Thats why I wont join a golf league. Love golf but that is just too much commitment. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Just ordered The Last Voyage of the Demeter DVD from Prime. I've been wanting to watch this for a while, but it is only available on Paramount Plus which I don't want to subscribe to. Anyway, it will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to watching it. :)

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
I'm retired also and I hear you. I don't even like anything scheduled for me. Thats why I wont join a golf league. Love golf but that is just too much commitment. :)
I’m retired and an avid golfer. I no longer compete instead just play 9 hole rounds from the senior tees. Walking 9 twice a week by myself keeps me healthier. The stress of performing with others always made me injure myself over straining. Now it is cathartic and relaxing. Aaaaaaa being retired is soooooo hard.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just ordered The Last Voyage of the Demeter DVD from Prime. I've been wanting to watch this for a while, but it is only available on Paramount Plus which I don't want to subscribe to. Anyway, it will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to watching it. :)
It is worth a watch for sure. Not exactly what I was hoping for, as the tone and story felt like Alien, but it had some good characters and elements that made it a fun horror watch.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I’m retired and an avid golfer. I no longer compete instead just play 9 hole rounds from the senior tees. Walking 9 twice a week by myself keeps me healthier. The stress of performing with others always made me injure myself over straining. Now it is cathartic and relaxing. Aaaaaaa being retired is soooooo hard.
I actually prefer to play 9 holes from the senior tees these days. 18 is a bit much even in a cart.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
It is worth a watch for sure. Not exactly what I was hoping for, as the tone and story felt like Alien, but it had some good characters and elements that made it a fun horror watch.
Amazon says it is out for delivery. So, I plan on watching it tonight or tomorrow.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I really enjoy the sound using their high level connection setup on the REL T-Zero I use for my bedroom/office system, so I decided to try one of their larger models and picked up a s/510 instead. Not a great value buy on paper by specs, but I do quite enjoy the results of how it meshes sonically with the big paradigms in the livingroom.

I have a JL and two SVS subs in my theatre room and they do a stellar job too, but it's a different style of bass and experience down there.
Well, good for you. I've become a Rel hater because of their corporate attitude (and their spokespeople have actually said it) that 'Rel makes the best subwoofers because it's all we do.' That, plus the gaudy look of logos anywhere and everywhere they can put them and compared to the competitors their subs have small drivers and don't go deep for the money spent.

BTW, when I went to buy a subwoofer my dealer *did* demo a Paradigm XR13 and it was REALLY good, just too far out of my budget.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
Purchased a CD drive and 2T SSD card so I can rip my 1K+ CDs and play them and stream from one source. Looking at a refurbished Mac book that’s under $500 with the inputs I want so I can run Roon. I‘ve heard a lot about Roon and I’m ready to give it a try. Saw a 2 week free trial and then $147 a year deal. More expensive than my Qobuz subscription but hopefully the 2 week trial will convince me To buy. I Haven’t had a PC since my old desktop died. I Can’t believe I‘ll be completely immersed in Apple with the Mac, iPad and iPhone. I was the last holdout in the family. Looks like they reeled me in.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I keep three backups of my music, videos, photos, etc on USB drives attached to the docker. I run my backup program almost every day. It's not really a backup. It checks selected folders on my notebook drive and syncs the backups as exact copies.

A week ago about 50GB of music and photos just disappeared from one of those drives. I have no idea where it went and I didn't get the drive space back. So I can't trust that drive anymore. I got a new 3rd drive which arrived today.

I will probably set it running in the morning. It takes all day even over USB3.1 to copy all that data to a backup drive the first time.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis