What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Great bourbon. I have a bottle from the Kentucky Derby edition from a few years ago. Four Roses is another excellent bourbon that’s not too expensive.
The single barrel Four Roses is excellent, but hard to find now. It used to be cheap till whisky got super popular. Same with Eagle Rare. Used to be less than $30 for a fifth, now it's $60+ if you can even find it.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief
The single barrel Four Roses is excellent, but hard to find now. It used to be cheap till whisky got super popular. Same with Eagle Rare. Used to be less than $30 for a fifth, now it's $60+ if you can even find it.
True the price of everything has gotten crazy. Double the price. They should call it 8 Roses and Double Eagle.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Eagle Rare is so good. There's a place by me that still sells it at it's regular price of $35-40, but it sells it almost instantaneously.

I've been enjoying Bowman Brothers Small Batch lately and I also enjoy Puncher's Chance.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Michter's is a one good too.

I've got a George Dickel 8 year that I haven't tried yet, but was a super reasonable price for an 8 year.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Did not buy this directly, but sort of did since the landlord will most likely raise the rent!
The 38 year old Lennox finally died. This apartment complex was built in 1984-85, there are still a few original Lennox units around!
They also replaced the heating unit since it comes as a package. So I now have new HVAC.

View attachment 67639
The Lennox that was there are good. Goodman aren't. Your landlord cheaped out. I run Bryant, which is part of the Carrier Global Corp and is built in the same factories with the same parts. It's sort of like a Chevy - GMC thing.

The Goodman ae what contractors put in to maximize profits with customers who are very cost-conscious. I do hope it lasts for you, because it'll be even more costly to do it right later.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
The Lennox that was there are good. Goodman aren't. Your landlord cheaped out. I run Bryant, which is part of the Carrier Global Corp and is built in the same factories with the same parts. It's sort of like a Chevy - GMC thing.

The Goodman ae what contractors put in to maximize profits with customers who are very cost-conscious. I do hope it lasts for you, because it'll be even more costly to do it right later.
If my memory is correct, Goodman is a Daikin owned brand, and they are the largest HVAC OEM in the world. Both of my sons work in the HVAC world and neither of them have bad words to say about them. (My Heat Pump is a Lennox which I bought long before either of them even thought about working in HVAC.)

The consolidation of manufacturing HVAC products under umbrella OEMs continues just like in the Audio world. A few big players have gobbled up lots of brands which helped them in regional marketing & manufacturing with some "brand" loyalty. For example "Ducane" is a Lennox with a different badge on it, and a few features typically disabled to allow them to upsell the Lennox branded units. My oldest tells me that most of the internals (Control boards, sensors, motors, power supplies, etc.,) are shared across numerous competitors as he's an HVAC Tech and fixes them all.

Lots of consumers don't look into equipment past the name. Some branded equipment (Westinghouse & GE come to mind) are just shadows of their past.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
This arrived today. It's the All the Years Combine set.
14 DVD box set of Grateful Dead concerts videos.

I already have the 1974 Movie on Blue-Ray but several others only on VHS and several others audio only and several others not at all.

I hope the sound is good.

The packaging is not horrible!

2024 05 24 17 09 20.jpg

Disc listing
All the Years Combine: The DVD Collection contains the following DVDs:
  1. The Grateful Dead Movie, disc 1 – A theatrically released film, with principal photography from October 16 – 20, 1974 at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco.
  2. The Grateful Dead Movie, disc 2 – Bonus material from the DVD release of the film.
  3. The Closing of Winterland, disc 1 – The first and second sets of the December 31, 1978, concert at Winterland.
  4. The Closing of Winterland, disc 2 – The third set of the December 31, 1978, concert, plus bonus material.
  5. Dead Ahead – Electric and acoustic music performed live at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on October 30 and 31, 1980.
  6. So Far – A music documentary co-directed by Jerry Garcia, with principal photography from 1985.
  7. Ticket to New Year's – Most of the December 31, 1987, concert at the Oakland Coliseum Arena in Oakland.
  8. Truckin' Up to Buffalo – The July 4, 1989, concert at Rich Stadium in Orchard Park, New York.
  9. Downhill from Here – The July 17, 1989, concert at Alpine Valley Music Theatre near East Troy, Wisconsin.
  10. View from the Vault – The July 8, 1990, concert at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh.
  11. View from the Vault II – The June 14, 1991, concert at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in Washington, D.C.
  12. View from the Vault III – The June 16, 1990, concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.
  13. View from the Vault IV – The concerts performed on July 24, 1987, at Oakland Coliseum Stadium in Oakland, California, and on July 26, 1987, at Anaheim Stadium in Anaheim, California.
  14. Bonus disc:
  • Songs from five live performances, previously unreleased.
  • Backstage Pass, a 35-minute music documentary directed by Justin Kreutzmann, the son of Bill Kreutzmann, with principal photography from 1992.
  • An interview with music and video archivist David Lemieux, previously unreleased.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai

I already have the 1974 Movie on Blue-Ray but several others only on VHS and several others audio only and several others not at all.

View attachment 67683

Disc listing
  1. The Grateful Dead Movie, disc 1 – A theatrically released film, with principal photography from October 16 – 20, 1974 at the Winterland Ballroom in San Francisco.
  2. The Grateful Dead Movie, disc 2 – Bonus material from the DVD release of the film.
  3. The Closing of Winterland, disc 1 – The first and second sets of the December 31, 1978, concert at Winterland.
  4. The Closing of Winterland, disc 2 – The third set of the December 31, 1978, concert, plus bonus material.
  5. Dead Ahead – Electric and acoustic music performed live at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on October 30 and 31, 1980.
  6. So Far – A music documentary co-directed by Jerry Garcia, with principal photography from 1985.
  7. Ticket to New Year's – Most of the December 31, 1987, concert at the Oakland Coliseum Arena in Oakland.
  8. Truckin' Up to Buffalo – The July 4, 1989, concert at Rich Stadium in Orchard Park, New York.
  9. Downhill from Here – The July 17, 1989, concert at Alpine Valley Music Theatre near East Troy, Wisconsin.
  10. View from the Vault – The July 8, 1990, concert at Three Rivers Stadium in Pittsburgh.
  11. View from the Vault II – The June 14, 1991, concert at Robert F. Kennedy Stadium in Washington, D.C.
  12. View from the Vault III – The June 16, 1990, concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View, California.
  13. View from the Vault IV – The concerts performed on July 24, 1987, at Oakland Coliseum Stadium in Oakland, California, and on July 26, 1987, at Anaheim Stadium in Anaheim, California.
  14. Bonus disc:
  • Backstage Pass, a 35-minute music documentary directed by Justin Kreutzmann, the son of Bill Kreutzmann, with principal photography from 1992.
  • An interview with music and video archivist David Lemieux, previously unreleased.
I'm happy for you that you have amassed such a huge collection of Grateful Dead music. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many years to come.

I prefer variety, but it's your collection not mine.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I prefer variety, but it's your collection not mine.
I am looking for more variety. Like in this topic. Just the stuff I've sampled so far just doesn't motivate me to buy.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Audioholic Chief

View attachment 67683

Disc listing
  14. Bonus disc:
Very cool enjoy!

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
I was really planning on getting something a little more substantial but someone was selling dual SB 3000 in gloss black for $1500 for the pair. Some things you just can’t pass up on.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I was really planning on getting something a little more substantial but someone was selling dual SB 3000 in gloss black for $1500 for the pair. Some things you just can’t pass up on.
I got a pair of them myself. When you get them remember to reset them using the SVS app in case the previous owner has made his own changes.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
We got a set of these surveillance cameras for my parents house where I grew up and that's is mine now.

Untitled.jpg

I'm not up to selling it any time soon partly because my kids may want to live there. My daughter lived there for about 2 years and just recently moved out. Not sure if she'll be moving in again or not. My boys may live there in a couple years. It's about a 40 minute drive from my house.

So anyway, I check it out fairly frequently but now I'll be able to tell if someone's mucking around while I'm home.
2024 04 16 15 51 21a.jpg

2023 08 12 15 07 30.jpg

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
We got a set of these surveillance cameras for my parents house where I grew up and that's is mine now.

View attachment 67693

I'm not up to selling it any time soon partly because my kids may want to live there. My daughter lived there for about 2 years and just recently moved out. Not sure if she'll be moving in again or not. My boys may live there in a couple years. It's about a 40 minute drive from my house.

So anyway, I check it out fairly frequently but now I'll be able to tell if someone's mucking around while I'm home.
View attachment 67695
View attachment 67694
Very nice! Don't sell it! Keep it in the family! Also that is a good thing Installing surveillance cameras keep an eye out for squatters. I'm sure you have read up on the severe squatter problem we have in this country. Check on your property daily.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Renewed ELAC SUB1225 12 inch from Amazon for $164 and added a 2-year warranty for $18. Never had a sub before and wanted to extend the bass a bit on my Infinity P363 towers and not spend a lot of $$.

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Renewed ELAC SUB1225 12 inch from Amazon for $164 and added a 2-year warranty for $18. Never had a sub before and wanted to extend the bass a bit on my Infinity P363 towers and not spend a lot of $$.
First sub? Nice :)
Have fun.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, that's a good one. I was at a friend's in Grand Bend last weekend who has a large whiskey collection. For value he recommended Knob Creek, which was pretty nice. Also tried some Booker's, which was very good but a lot more expensive. Got to try some Lagavulin Scotch Whiskey for the first time but that peaty stuff is not quite to my taste.
Save the peated stuff for a cold or rain chilled day. You'll appreciate it more that way.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis