What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Waiting on my s24 plus to show up today. Gave me $650 for my S22 Ultra.
My friend had just bought the S23 Ultra then found out he had to go back to India due to a Visa issue, so I took it off his hands cheap in Dec. It is literally brand new and traded in my S22 Ultra 512. The trade in value for this year was not quite as good as last time, but the additional discount with the buds2 made it decent. Same deal as last time too, double the storage, so not a bad deal. I still made out because the trade in for the 22 in Dec. was $800.

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
New used X3's coming to our house.

2020 BMW X3 xDrive30i for the wife.

2022 Michi X3 for me.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Dave's Pick Volume 49. First delivery from my 2024 Subscription
Grateful Dead at Frost Amphitheater, Palo Alto, 4/27/85 and 4/28/85

I don't have a lot of the 1980s. I have mostly 70's and 90's.

These bring to 171 concerts on the computer. I used to have a lot more when they were all on cassette from tape trading. Over 1000 cassettes, 500+ shows in total but the CD's that the Grateful Dead Org are releasing are way better quality than several generation copies of cassettes.

Sucked into iTunes as ALAC
Rename the albums to sort correctly in chronological order
Photograph the CD cover and add Album Art to iTunes
Rename album art file to Folder.jpg for BlueOS to reliably index.
Reindex the BlueOS library
Copy ALACs with Folder.jpg album art to my FiiO player
Convert ALACs to AAC 320 kbps to put on my phone for Android Auto
Copy AACs to my phone
Sync my iPod classic
Copy AACs to my backup drives for the phone music library
Delete AACs from my notebook
Backup the notebook with the ALACs in the iTunes library

What a process...

85 4-27 Frost Palo Alto DLP49.jpg
2024 01 30 14 00 57.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

These bring to 171 concerts on the computer. I used to have a lot more when they were all on cassette from tape trading. Over 1000 cassettes, 500+ shows in total but the CD's that the Grateful Dead Org are releasing are way better quality than several generation copies of cassettes.

Copy AACs to my phone
Sync my iPod classic

What a process...

View attachment 65627View attachment 65628
Nice show but yes that is a real pain. If you are using a BlueOS, why iTunes or anything Apple for that matter. Just seems like you are making more pain especially if you are using a FiiO. Go Flac my friend!

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Nice show but yes that is a real pain. If you are using a BlueOS, why iTunes or anything Apple for that matter. Just seems like you are making more pain especially if you are using a FiiO. Go Flac my friend!
BlueOS isn't a music file editor. All it can do is index an existing library. So I would still need a music file/album editor to rename albums and add album art, etc.. and so long as my iPod Classic still works, that's iTunes and ALAC. When my iPod Classic finally dies I'll likely ditch iTunes for some other music/album manager/editor but since ALAC and FLAC are pretty much interchangeable quality and all of my devices can play ALAC as well as FLAC, it's ALAC for the time being. The FiiO player and my NAD preamp/BlueOS are compatible with ALACs so at the moment it doesn't really add complexity and I'd still convert to AAC for my phone since I only use that to play music with Android Auto in the car and doubt in the car I could tell the difference between AAC and ALAC or FLAC and I really want to save space on my phone. The FiiO has a microSD slot. The phone does not.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
BlueOS isn't a music file editor. All it can do is index an existing library. So I would still need a music file/album editor to rename albums and add album art, etc.. and so long as my iPod Classic still works, that's iTunes and ALAC. When my iPod Classic finally dies I'll likely ditch iTunes for some other music/album manager/editor but since ALAC and FLAC are pretty much interchangeable quality and all of my devices can play ALAC as well as FLAC, it's ALAC for the time being. The FiiO player and my NAD preamp/BlueOS are compatible with ALACs so at the moment it doesn't really add complexity and I'd still convert to AAC for my phone since I only use that to play music with Android Auto in the car and doubt in the car I could tell the difference between AAC and ALAC or FLAC and I really want to save space on my phone. The FiiO has a microSD slot. The phone does not.
Ok. I remember the iPad classic you mentioned in a different thread. Roon is expensive but will do all you need and none of those hoops. Will work with the NAD and almost any streaming method. I guess as long as all the ALAC is ripped and not purchased then you should be good.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Ok. I remember the iPad classic you mentioned in a different thread. Roon is expensive but will do all you need and none of those hoops. Will work with the NAD and almost any streaming method. I guess as long as all the ALAC is ripped and not purchased then you should be good.
All of the ALACs I have are either ripped from CD or purchased from Nugs.net. (Dead and Company concerts)

Roon. I should look at that for future needs. Some day I'll be wanting get away from iTunes. I wonder how much longer my iPod Classic will live? But did I read once that Roon has a file/library size limit? I thought I read that it can only keep 5000 files indexed. I'm getting close to 10,000.

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
All of the ALACs I have are either ripped from CD or purchased from Nugs.net. (Dead and Company concerts)

Roon. I should look at that for future needs. Some day I'll be wanting get away from iTunes. I wonder how much longer my iPod Classic will live? But did I read once that Roon has a file/library size limit? I thought I read that it can only keep 5000 files indexed. I'm getting close to 10,000.
No file size limit. I have a little over 2300 albums which is about 35K in tracts. I use an older nuc with an i3 processor 8gb of RAM. Searches are not super fast any longer and doing dsp in more than one zone is a no go. There are folks on the Roon forum with 300k in tracts. They need more RAM and faster processors. There is so much Roon can do from upsampling to full room correction based on REW scans.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic

Copy AACs to my phone
Sync my iPod classic

What a process...

View attachment 65627View attachment 65628
Cool hopefully I’ll receive my soon. Really looking forward to #50 with the bonus disc. Should be another great year for Dave’s Picks.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Just got the last Jethro Tull box set, A Passion Play extended performance, to finish my collection. These are the best reissues IMO. Look like books so it looks like I can actually read and most have concerts from the matching tours you can’t get on the music services. I Have all 14 now and also got the special editions of The Zealot Game and Rok Flote with the CDs, DVDs and colored vinyl. Have enough Tull for now. Yes I know I have a problem but it takes up all my time. Waiting for my next collector’s obsession.
IMG_3827.jpeg

Last edited:
crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Cool hopefully I’ll receive my soon. Really looking forward to #50 with the bonus disc. Should be another great year for Dave’s Picks.
It was kinda funny that it came in the mail today around 3pm and then about an hour later I got an email from Dead.net that it had shipped.

#50 should be good. 1977 is probably my favorite year.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Added a few new (re-issue) LP's and one CD to the collection:
Ella Fitzgerald from a concert she gave in East Berlin, 1967.
Miles Davis did the soundtrack for a Louis Malle film in 1957.
Donald Byrd & Bobby Jaspar live at the Cannes Jazz Festival, 1958
"Diane" is a 1985 album from Chet Baker & Paul Bley

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 5.00.41 PM.png

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
A picture of the Michi in its new home. This has been an expensive journey to get to this integrated but I am happy with where I am at. I have found that I do like Class A/B amps better than even the Classe Class D amps. I don't like less than 200 wpc to drive my speakers to where I want to be on occasion. I am still using my external DAC so I don't have to worry about DSD or the few MQA albums that I have.
20240131_081420.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
A picture of the Michi in its new home. This has been an expensive journey to get to this integrated but I am happy with where I am at. I have found that I do like Class A/B amps better than even the Classe Class D amps. I don't like less than 200 wpc to drive my speakers to where I want to be on occasion. I am still using my external DAC so I don't have to worry about DSD or the few MQA albums that I have.
View attachment 65638
Which version of the Michi integrated amps is your new one? Where did you buy? Looks cool!

EDIT: I see in your signature that you've updated it to reflect Michi X3.

Is it the newer Version II?

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Which version of the Michi integrated amps is your new one? Where did you buy? Looks cool!
Hi Ken. This is the series 1 and less than a year old. I got it from The Music Room which does a ton of used gear. Prices were reasonable and I was able to trade in the Classe and not deal with trying to sell it etc. It is beautifully made. Not a fastener in sight. The others didn't compare (Classe, Hegel, Denon) to the build quality of the Michi. The remote is also really nice which is a bonus. I also found an App on a Linux forum to use my phone for power volume etc.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Hi Ken. This is the series 1 and less than a year old. I got it from The Music Room which does a ton of used gear. Prices were reasonable and I was able to trade in the Classe and not deal with trying to sell it etc. It is beautifully made. Not a fastener in sight. The others didn't compare (Classe, Hegel, Denon) to the build quality of the Michi. The remote is also really nice which is a bonus. I also found an App on a Linux forum to use my phone for power volume etc.
I use my local dealer for trade-ins and trade-ups. They are in Nashua NH and about an hour's drive that I don't mind doing one bit. Some of what I've bought has been new, but most has been demo stock or trade-ins. There have been two Luxman turntables that I bought off eBay, but only because my dealer doesn't get too many of those in trade or demo. my temporary DAC was an Amazon buy, and I expect to upgrade that someday. Later this year after our home is finally paid off, I'll be upgrading to a higher-end Luxman integrated amp or perhaps separates, and adding a Luxman EQ-500 phono amp. I'm building my end-game system and getting there, as retirement is less than 6 years away.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I use my local dealer for trade-ins and trade-ups. They are in Nashua NH and about an hour's drive that I don't mind doing one bit. Some of what I've bought has been new, but most has been demo stock or trade-ins. There have been two Luxman turntables that I bought off eBay, but only because my dealer doesn't get too many of those in trade or demo. my temporary DAC was an Amazon buy, and I expect to upgrade that someday. Later this year after our home is finally paid off, I'll be upgrading to a higher-end Luxman integrated amp or perhaps separates, and adding a Luxman EQ-500 phono amp. I'm building my end-game system and getting there, as retirement is less than 6 years away.
Nice. My long time AV dealer slowly went out of business. I used Safe and Sound for a while but the guy I dealt with for years is now the top manager and I cannot ever get in touch with him any longer. I look forward to seeing your upgrades in the coming. Once I get all of this paid for I may actually bet an inexpensive turntable to take advantage of the MM phono input.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord

EDIT: I see in your signature that you've updated it to reflect Michi X3.

Is it the newer Version II?
Not sure you if you saw but it is the first model. To be honest all I could see was the MQA and ESS DAC chips. At this point I still plan on using my S.M.S.L dac as it does everything and just use the XLR into the Michi.

Oh and the display on the front can show 4 versions of a spectrum analyzer or VU/db meters. I was very jealous of your meters on the Luxman. I nearly purchased an Accuphase but really wanted something "new" for the amount of money that I was investing.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis