What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Nice. My long time AV dealer slowly went out of business. I used Safe and Sound for a while but the guy I dealt with for years is now the top manager and I cannot ever get in touch with him any longer. I look forward to seeing your upgrades in the coming. Once I get all of this paid for I may actually bet an inexpensive turntable to take advantage of the MM phono input.
Sounds like Audio Video Therapy in Nashua and Safe and Sound in Chicopee. Both are a pleasure to deal with in my experience. Great to be see and listen to equipment in person. Wish they were closer to home but then I probably would be spending less time at home and have less money when I got home.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Sounds like Audio Video Therapy in Nashua and Safe and Sound in Chicopee. Both are a pleasure to deal with in my experience. Great to be see and listen to equipment in person. Wish they were closer to home but then I probably would be spending less time at home and have less money when I got home.
Did you ever get around to checking out Natural Sound in Framingham?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I Sold my S22 Ultra 512GB for $650, so that made the OnePlus 12 only cost $252 (includes extra wall plug, and case) + Free 50w Wireless Charger. Just Shipped Today 16GB Ram +512GB Storage 80W Fast Charging and 50W Wireless Fast Charging. I stopped using the OnePlus after the 9 Pro, but this drew me back. It comes standard with 80W Wall Wart charger. 0-100% in 34 Minutes. Missing the AI features of Pixel and S24, but gain bigger battery, faster charging and better cooling. I use this for my personal phone and my IPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB for work. I will upgrade to the 16 when it comes out.
Damn...got phone 44 to 100% charing in 11 minutes!
OnePlus12.png

Last edited:
Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Did you ever get around to checking out Natural Sound in Framingham?
No thanks for the reminder. I made a note to check them out as I build my next system For the lake. Saw a couple of other places online near Plymouth and in Lawrence that are worth a look too. Bought a used Yamaha AVR and will get a DAC streamer when the time comes but of course it’s all about the speakers. I’m waiting until the place is ready before deciding where everything will go and what I need. The dreaming and planning is half the fun. Looking at used equipment to try and save a few bucks since it’ll only be used in the summer And will get really cold in the winter.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
No thanks for the reminder. I made a note to check them out as I build my next system For the lake. Saw a couple of other places online near Plymouth and in Lawrence that are worth a look too. Bought a used Yamaha AVR and will get a DAC streamer when the time comes but of course it’s all about the speakers. I’m waiting until the place is ready before deciding where everything will go and what I need. The dreaming and planning is half the fun. Looking at used equipment to try and save a few bucks since it’ll only be used in the summer And will get really cold in the winter.
That sounds like fun! Is it a new house you're building or a renovation?

We have a family homestead on the ocean in Maine. 150 years old. We've spruced it up over the years and spend multiple weeks in the summer and fall long weekends there. It's about a 5 hour drive from where we are south of Boston. But I would never leave anything actually valuable there. We've had tools stolen from the barn. I don't think anyone has broken into the house but you never know what could happen if something is visible through the windows. We hide the flat screen TV when we are done there for the year.

Natural Sound has a good number of used equipment for sale. I've seen the rows of electronics. They probably have the used speakers in the listening rooms.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Great price on Amazon $20 or so. I have been wanting to listen to a pair of these for a while,

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
They look good for outside activity. What are they and what makes them special?
Not sure because I don't have them yet. Great reviews on the net and I'm not gonna use them as my primary phones my Grado 60s and Senn 599s do that. But these will replace my cheap Panasonics for my pc use, Maybe even for my daily walk.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Maybe even for my daily walk.
That's how I'd use them too.

Right now I have some Koss Porta Pro headphones that I like a lot and that I use for walks but headphones get broken especially when the wires aren't designed to pull out.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
That sounds like fun! Is it a new house you're building or a renovation?

We have a family homestead on the ocean in Maine. 150 years old. We've spruced it up over the years and spend multiple weeks in the summer and fall long weekends there. It's about a 5 hour drive from where we are south of Boston. But I would never leave anything actually valuable there. We've had tools stolen from the barn. I don't think anyone has broken into the house but you never know what could happen if something is visible through the windows. We hide the flat screen TV when we are done there for the year.

Natural Sound has a good number of used equipment for sale. I've seen the rows of electronics. They probably have the used speakers in the listening rooms.
Family lake house that sounds similar to your setup. Needs work done inside in the spring. Once that’s done will work on setting up for sound. That’ll be the fun part. Nice to think about on cold grey winter days.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
They look good for outside activity. What are they and what makes them special?
Sorry Koss kph30i and they get good reviews online. I have Bose earbuds for my daily walk, but I'll use these with my laptop. Listened to Amazon music with them and they do sound better than my cheap Panasonics on my laptop.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
That's how I'd use them too.

Right now I have some Koss Porta Pro headphones that I like a lot and that I use for walks but headphones get broken especially when the wires aren't designed to pull out.
There also have wires not designed to be pulled out so I'll probably use them with my laptop and continue to use the Bose earbuds for walking.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
There also have wires not designed to be pulled out so I'll probably use them with my laptop and continue to use the Bose earbuds for walking.
Earbuds have some appeal. But I just can't keep them in my ear. I have several. The wired Apple ones that came with one of my iPod Classics sound pretty good. And I have some Beats wired earbuds that sound great and are noise blocking (not cancelling) that I've used on airplanes when I want to rest on the side of my head and not destroy the Bose headphones. But there is something about the wires that cause sound to travel up the wire when they touch together and so unless I stay still they can be really annoying.

But I just don't want bluetooth and I don't want one more thing to keep charged.

Fortunately I have no plans to be on airplanes again now that I'm retired. Unless perhaps my wife and I make it to Europe some day.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Extended listening today with the KPH30is on my PC. Using Amazon Ultra HD to listen to Diana Krall and these things are excellent. At less than half the price of the Porta Pros you might want to look into a pair of these, I've also heard good things about the KPH40s

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I just purchased all of the Grateful Dead's Road Trips series off Nugs as ALAC. 18 Concerts. I have 5 already but it was worth it to me to get the other 13 I don't have. They can only be purchased as a set.

Road Trips.jpg

Getting them ready is going to be a job of work. They all came in Zip folders only named Nugs Archive.Zip and I need to rename all the folders to the year month day venue and volume and number.

After extracting I need to rename all of the song files. They look like this. I need to delete the extraneous stuff before the track numbers. Then drop in the album art.

Then import into iTunes and then rename the albums to get them to sort by my format.

Songs.jpg

In this case rename to 68 02/14 Carousel Ballroom San Fransisco CA RT V2 N2

Hours of editing but a labor of love. Some of the ones I already have may be standard AACs to I need to see which I need to replace with the ALACs.

And backup 3 times and then convert a copy to AAC to put on my phone. 18 ALACs will take up a lot of space on the phone just playing in the car.

Off to do more folder editing before I extract....

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Earbuds have some appeal. But I just can't keep them in my ear. I have several. The wired Apple ones that came with one of my iPod Classics sound pretty good. And I have some Beats wired earbuds that sound great and are noise blocking (not cancelling) that I've used on airplanes when I want to rest on the side of my head and not destroy the Bose headphones. But there is something about the wires that cause sound to travel up the wire when they touch together and so unless I stay still they can be really annoying.

But I just don't want bluetooth and I don't want one more thing to keep charged.

Fortunately I have no plans to be on airplanes again now that I'm retired. Unless perhaps my wife and I make it to Europe some day.
I have the Bose Quiet Comfort ear buds, one pair regular and another pair with noise cancelling.

The silicone part fits in the curve of your ear to holds it in place and the flange reduces outside noise. Both pairs are wired as I don't want to worry about charging every time. The noise cancelling pair obviously have a battery, but if you switch the noise cancellation off they still work in passive mode (although the tone does change a little).

They were not cheap, but sound way better than the stock Samsung and Google ear buds. I don't think they produce them any more. All of the big brands seem to be going wireless. Yeah.... 5 or 6 years of battery and then in the trash. Maybe with a $50 ear bud but not when I spend $300!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis