What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Nice... keep us posted. I'm interested in the smaller double wide and curious if you can remove the front center post without issue... for a small center channel. Their 4 tier rack is awesome, I bought it for my son's room, so I can only assume the same will be said about the double wides.
photos in the reviews show the center post removed on the shorter double unit.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ha... didn't even think to look at the reviews, thanks for pointing that out to me!!
You can build one level high (either post height) and you can build without center post if you want. I’m guessing that may lower the 300lbs limit per shelf a bit though. LOL :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Got the 4 new recent-pressings LP's courtesy of a co-worker who I recently helped select and install a new 5.1 surround system. The KEF T205 set of three T301 and two T101 thin, wall-mount speakers fit the bill for him, and in keeping within his $2500 max budget my dealer got him into a near-mint NAD T758v3 AV receiver and a new SVS SB3000 Micro. He's thrilled with the sound, but just over the moon with how his wife loves it. :)

For helping him, he sent me a $50 gift certificate to The Sound of Vinyl and these are what I chose. I had to chip in $19.70, but that was well worth it. They're all good, but that Metallica Black album is a real killer. Unreal bass slam.

The other thing I got (but paid minimally for is the new audio rack and a matching floating shelf to hold the album cover of what's playing. I didn't want the commercially made ones with the corny "Now Spinning" crap...it's pretty darn obvious what's going on. My son and his woodworking skills are incredible. He has built me two record racks, the 3 shelves for my new audio rack (made with parts I made, and some from my now-extant Salamander Designs Archetype 4.0 rack.)

New_Album_Cover_Holder.jpg
New_Albums.jpg

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Added a Musical Surroundings Phenomena II+ phono amp, selling off my Schiit Mani phono amp. Got a bargain on my dealers demo unit for $550! Many settings to explore.
Phenomena_II plus.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Purchased a TT Riser for my receiver in my room and living room. I'll post pics once it arrives. I like the glass look and price.
View attachment 58915
IMG_20221214_111604.jpg

It's here!:p Up there next to Scarlett.;)
IMG_20221214_144556.jpg

Came last night. Just put it up.:cool: Nice! Fits perfectly. Still left fan to keep the AVR cool with air circulation out. Nat on TT.:D
IMG_20221214_143716.jpg

The living room will be done tomorrow.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:eek:Here is the glass lift for the TT in the living room.️:cool: Placed a fan with air circulating out.☕No stickers on this avr.;)
IMG_20221215_123507.jpg
IMG_20221215_123312.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have an aversion to high-prices cables which have no demonstrable benefit to anything but the seller's wallet. Yesterday I had taken a drive up to Nashua NH to get a few things from my audio dealer. One of the things I needed was a reliable 1 meter co-ax SPDIF cable so I could move my Gustard DAC X16 further away from EVERYTHING else. (It's emitting crazy levels of EMI.)

All out of Audioquest brand, all they had remaining was Nordost. Nothing they offer is cheap. He showed me this "Silver Shadow" cable and explained that these "used to cost $600", but he bought a few dozen for much cheaper than normal. My cost was $125. That's still at least 2x what even a basic 75Ω cable from Audioquest might cost and 10x what 'more basic' cable from Monoprice goes for, but I needed it ASAP. It's actually pretty nice.

Edit: I stand corrected, even at less than 1/4 of the original price, it's 20x the cost of a serviceable 3' digital coaxial cable from Monoprice. I will admit to expectation bias, the one I bought does sound cleaner. (Or so my brain wants me to believe.)

Nordost_Silver_Shadow.jpg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Haven't done any type of photography since arriving in FL four years ago on my old Canon 7D. Always loved photography as a hobby, so it's great to get started again and re-learn some stuff again and practice.
Picked up on Ebay four used lenses for dirt cheap. A Canon 28-105(Should be here this weekend) Canon 55-250(This lens focus is fantastic and cheap) and Sigma 18-270(would not focus so got a partial refund. Can practice manual focus though) and Sigma 30mm 1.4(Be here next week hopefully). All budget Xmas gift to self.:p:cool:☃☕

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Gonna try some Georgia Boots...
Men's Loggers, Composite Toe
Early word is...
D@mn fine boot.
Only tried 'em on for a moment and walked around some carpeted areas. Initially, comfortable. Absolutely solid. I need to try them with my insoles in and after I do a full day of work to see how they feel.
Overall, I'm impressed right now.
And it's nice to find a boot that doesn't look like a flippin' spaceship or an athletic hiker. $89 "tactical" boots? :rolleyes:

And... they look b!tchin' below my Kilts!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Early word is...
D@mn fine boot.
Only tried 'em on for a moment and walked around some carpeted areas. Initially, comfortable. Absolutely solid. I need to try them with my insoles in and after I do a full day of work to see how they feel.
Overall, I'm impressed right now.
And it's nice to find a boot that doesn't look like a flippin' spaceship or an athletic hiker. $89 "tactical" boots? :rolleyes:

And... they look b!tchin' below my Kilts!
Wore there Steel toe mining version for years working under ground always got a couple years out of them .

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have an aversion to high-prices cables which have no demonstrable benefit to anything but the seller's wallet. Yesterday I had taken a drive up to Nashua NH to get a few things from my audio dealer. One of the things I needed was a reliable 1 meter co-ax SPDIF cable so I could move my Gustard DAC X16 further away from EVERYTHING else. (It's emitting crazy levels of EMI.)

All out of Audioquest brand, all they had remaining was Nordost. Nothing they offer is cheap. He showed me this "Silver Shadow" cable and explained that these "used to cost $600", but he bought a few dozen for much cheaper than normal. My cost was $125. That's still at least 2x what even a basic 75Ω cable from Audioquest might cost and 10x what 'more basic' cable from Monoprice goes for, but I needed it ASAP. It's actually pretty nice.

Edit: I stand corrected, even at less than 1/4 of the original price, it's 20x the cost of a serviceable 3' digital coaxial cable from Monoprice. I will admit to expectation bias, the one I bought does sound cleaner. (Or so my brain wants me to believe.)

View attachment 59070
Hate, fear, anger, and BIAS will lead you to the darkside. Avoid these YOU must or forever trapped in Audiophilia, you'll be.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Hate, fear, anger, and BIAS will lead you to the darkside. Avoid these YOU must or forever trapped in Audiophilia, you'll be.
No need to worry. I did not have the resources to engage that battle.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well the price was too darn good to pass up. My Holiday Gift to self. :eek:8K too :p
Has a Phono output too.✌☃
IMG_20221222_192152.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
At this point, my record collection is at about 440 and I have space in my two rolling record racks (which my son built for me) for perhaps 700-750. So from this point on I'm focusing on quality rather than quantity. These two "Christmas presents" to me from me are an example. My dealer gave me a nice discount, but still quite pricey. I got the last of the 6 he'd bought of the Eagles "One Of These Nights", and one of 10 of the Michael Jackson "Thriller" that he bought. The Eagles one is from a batch of 10,000 while the MJ Thriller is one of a batch of 40,000 "One Step". At least they finally had the decency to admit right on the label that they went as follows:
1/4" 15ips Dolby A analog master > 256 DSD> Analog Console>lathe

So I don't understand how it's "One Step" other than maybe each vinyl blank record is cut on the lathe individually. Haven't played them yet, but I will.

EDIT: I played both last night, first up was the Eagles one. Having never owned One-Step type records, I wasn't sure what to expect because the "standard" MoFi and other label releases said to be of "audiophile quality" are really quite a step-up from common records. I was NOT prepared for this: Holy crap! The difference is just otherworldly. From the first couple of notes of the first track (One Of These Nights) the incredible rendition of tone from various instruments was such that I have never experienced from a recording, be it LP, tape, or digital. I have this release on CD, and have streamed it as high res digital. The liquidity of the vocals, the breadth, depth, and height of the soundstage, it was all just as close to a live performance that I have EVER heard on my home system.

The Michael Jackson one was not quite as dramatic, but still just on another level than any other medium I've ever heard. I can state unequivocally that these both sounded better than any digital version I've heard, and I'm now looking for more of these "Ultradisc One-Step" recordings. I don't say pressings because they're closer to being individually cut rather than mass-pressed. They are indeed a pressing, but only one "stamper" made from the laquer and limited number of pressings on Supervinyl.

MoFi_Limited-Editions_12-23-22.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis