What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Well got my new Hisense 65 U6G all setup! Came in this afternoon. No damage, 2st time I order a 4K tv online and shipped. The UPS dude was really cool, we talked a bit, he said he strapped it to the inside of his delivery van so it wouldn't move around. I tipped the guy 20 bucks. All's good so far!
IMG_20220517_175906202_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20220517_175854132_HDR~2.jpg

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I just got a new HD terrestrial radio receiver.

Sangean HDT-20

HD Radio / FM-Stereo / AM Tuner

I can't believe how good this thing sounds for the price. It has an absolute black background, no FM hiss of any kind. I am loving classical music stations on this thing.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I just got a new HD terrestrial radio receiver.

Sangean HDT-20

HD Radio / FM-Stereo / AM Tuner

I can't believe how good this thing sounds for the price. It has an absolute black background, no FM hiss of any kind. I am loving classical music stations on this thing.
Nice. I still use my Insignia once in a while and it still sounds great. I'm so surprised these stations still are available.
IMG_20220519_215159.jpg

IMG_20220519_215452.jpg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My order came in. My 1st taste was not too my liking. I found the taste very strong at the start but it finished off kinda smooth. I will see if I will come to like it in subsequent tastings.

IMG_6780.jpg
IMG_6781.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
My order came in. My 1st taste was not too my liking. I found the taste very strong at the start but it finished off kinda smooth. I will see if I will come to like it in subsequent tastings.

View attachment 56297View attachment 56298
Did you add a small amount of water? Wife is Scottish and have been to many distilleries. All will have a small pitcher of water to add a few drops to open the flavor. Never ice. ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Did you add a small amount of water? Wife is Scottish and have been to many distilleries. All will have a small pitcher of water to add a few drops to open the flavor. Never ice. ;)
I always try several tastes without water and then I add water if not to my liking. I forgot which Scotch I had but one got worse with water so I always taste without water first. I also agree with the never ice. It shrinks the flavors to a confusing mess.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I live outdoors more than in. I have converted my yard to mostly edibles and native plants. It's managed to invite a lot of critters, from possums and raccoons, squirrels, owls, mice and every type of songbird that frequents our area. Used to be, I would have a war each year with the mockingbirds over my blueberries, the possums with my grapes, and the coons with the pineapples. I have since figured how to somewhat appease/distract the critters to where I get to actually get my fill of the things I grow and can share a specific amount with the other critters too.

Still being curious as to what songbirds there are but had been discouraged in the past of putting feeders up though, because of the squirrels. That is, until I happened across this squirrel buster brand. It's actually comical to watch the squirrels face such a puzzling defeat, and worth it's cost, just for that. It actually works and is built sturdy enough.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I live outdoors more than in. I have converted my yard to mostly edibles and native plants. It's managed to invite a lot of critters, from possums and raccoons, squirrels, owls, mice and every type of songbird that frequents our area. Used to be, I would have a war each year with the mockingbirds over my blueberries, the possums with my grapes, and the coons with the pineapples. I have since figured how to somewhat appease/distract the critters to where I get to actually get my fill of the things I grow and can share a specific amount with the other critters too.

Still being curious as to what songbirds there are but had been discouraged in the past of putting feeders up though, because of the squirrels. That is, until I happened across this squirrel buster brand. It's actually comical to watch the squirrels face such a puzzling defeat, and worth it's cost, just for that. It actually works and is built sturdy enough.

Reminds me of Mark Rober's series of squirrel/feeder videos....ever check them out?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought two PS5 bundles at Gamestop this weekend :D:):cool: That was $1700 worth of PS5o_O. My brother was looking for one as well as a friend of mine. Since I found out about it, I went and picked them up for them. They both came and picked them up over the weekend.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I bought two PS5 bundles at Gamestop this weekend :D:):cool: That was $1700 worth of PS5o_O. My brother was looking for one as well as a friend of mine. Since I found out about it, I went and picked them up for them. They both came and picked them up over the weekend.
Interesting. Sony sent me an email at random one day telling me I was selected to purchase a PS5. I clicked the link when it told me too, and was put into a queue on the playstation site. I was in it 8 min and was able to buy the version with the disc drive and it came with Horizon Forbidden West. Haven't played the first game, but it should be here soon.

Pretty slick machine so far. Seeing as though I'm not a console gamer, my PS4 games I've never played have a new home. Kids have a PS4 now too. I got it used a few years ago with 3 games for less than $250. I feel bad since I've literally never played a single game on it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They want me to come into the office part time, so I took my home monitor (34"LG) to the office and replaced that one with this:

First one was defective, it kept turning off for a second and back on while I was using it. Amazon replaced it with another yesterday and it is working fine.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for reminding me lol. I just preordered the 4K set that has both films.
I was looking at that too but since I already own the first one in Bluray, I decided just to get the single package instead.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I was looking at that too but since I already own the first one in Bluray, I decided just to get the single package instead.
For some reason I never bought the first one on BD. I had it on DVD but that was in the collection when it was stolen and I never replaced it. Now was a good excuse to pick them both up at the same time.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered and rec'd from Amazon a Brother P-Touch D600 label printer, from Sleeve City I got 3rd-cut index cards for LP's and set to getting some order to my pair of record racks. I can't possibly label them all because many artists I have only one or two releases. I'll draw the line with 4 or more from a single artist. I had bought three packs of 10 for (US) $7.99 a pack, looks like I'll get about 20 more for now.

I do wish I could have found more of the 1/4" thick ones that a friend gave me, those you see with the 3 letters and squared-off tabs. They're not wood, but very sturdy. The ones I bought aren't sturdy enough for flipping the stack by the tab without creasing it, so I'll have to let people browsing know to be careful. I'm at just a few under 400 LP's for now. Each rack is good for up to about 350. After that, they're too tightly packed to flip through; one has to lift them out to see the album cover. That's why I had my son build a second one.

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis