What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
My S22 Ultra showed up 5 days early! :) I didn't really have any issues with my S20+ all these years, but this thing is pretty impressive actually. I have yet to really put the 108mp camera to the test so far though.
Right there with you! Backing up my OnePlus 9 Pro, which I love that phone. Bottom line I hate T-Mobile, not for their service or customer service, but their lack of any basic understanding of cybersecurity and protecting the data of their customers. This last hack in August of 21, my Social Security#, checking# and other information is now on the dark web. Thank you T-Mobile. I had to change my checking account number, all my credit cards, and have credit lock and watch with the three major bureaus.

ultra22.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Right there with you! Backing up my OnePlus 9 Pro, which I love that phone. Bottom line I hate T-Mobile, not for their service or customer service, but their lack of any basic understanding of cybersecurity and protecting the data of their customers. This last hack in August of 21, my Social Security#, checking# and other information is now on the dark web. Thank you T-Mobile. I had to change my checking account number, all my credit cards, and have credit lock and watch with the three major bureaus.

View attachment 54097
This thing eats the battery fairly quick it seems, even when I am not using it. It took 1hr to synch all my data from my old phone. Still setting up some apps and found one that doesn't work at all even after a reinstall from the store.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
This thing eats the battery fairly quick it seems, even when I am not using it. It took 1hr to synch all my data from my old phone. Still setting up some apps and found one that doesn't work at all even after a reinstall from the store.
Was annoying to go from OnePlus to Samsung, had to download their software on the OnePlus to transfer data, and yes battery goes fairly quickly, but using a lot of data intensive energy sucker apps. Screen is AMAZING

Update: This is by far the worst phone I have ever had to set up, unable to get voice to text to work spent two hours with Samsung doing a remote in. Going to return and get a Pixel 6 or keep my old phone.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Was annoying to go from OnePlus to Samsung, had to download their software on the OnePlus to transfer data, and yes battery goes fairly quickly, but using a lot of data intensive energy sucker apps. Screen is AMAZING

Update: This is by far the worst phone I have ever had to set up, unable to get voice to text to work spent two hours with Samsung doing a remote in. Going to return and get a Pixel 6 or keep my old phone.
Did you try multiple apps? They changed the default app this time around and I don't like the interface so I switched.

Definitely something funky with the software, which is odd since I have Android 12 on my old phone too. I have multiple apps that don't work now, likely something to do with synching the old data over. Wifi calling notification keeps popping up and it is a system feature, so it can't be uninstalled. I had to uninstall Samsung Pay because it kept popping up too, which I think I had done on my S20+ also. I do like that I can stop Bixby completely now too.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Did you try multiple apps? They changed the default app this time around and I don't like the interface so I switched.

Definitely something funky with the software, which is odd since I have Android 12 on my old phone too. I have multiple apps that don't work now, likely something to do with synching the old data over. Wifi calling notification keeps popping up and it is a system feature, so it can't be uninstalled. I had to uninstall Samsung Pay because it kept popping up too, which I think I had done on my S20+ also. I do like that I can stop Bixby completely now too.
After call with tech, I played around with it and figured out what they did, and was able to get voice to text. Samsung wants you to use their voice/keyboard and turned on both google and Samsung so i just had to shut off one box. I have calmed down now lol

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
After call with tech, I played around with it and figured out what they did, and was able to get voice to text. Samsung wants you to use their voice/keyboard and turned on both google and Samsung so i just had to shut off one box. I have calmed down now lol
This is definitely, the smoothest, fastest phone I've used. It actually keeps up with me lol. So smooth and screen looks amazing. Photos so far are hit or miss, but I haven't really tried taking anything significant. Close up pics look amazing, need to get outside and take some far shots. Glad we were able to get it in the first run because they're saying the second batch is likely not to be until end of March or early April

I get a work phone upgrade in a few months too, but we're always a year behind so that will likely be an iPhone 12 (Apple only at work).

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
JBL Xtreme 2

Very good price on Amazon. Seems to review slightly better than the newer version. Also, seems to be "officialy" discontinued but still available.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Picked up a Denon DBT-1713UD on fleebay for 46 bucks. Wanted a universal player for my office setup. See if it shows up in the same shape as the pics. Seems too good to be true.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ordered a set of Calphalon premier hard anodized space saver pans. The one trusty old non stick is very old and needed to go. I tried to replace it with a ceramic pan but wasn't really liking it. I tend to cook more with the SST and cast iron pans, but some things work better in a non-stick.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Ordered a set of Calphalon premier hard anodized space saver pans. The one trusty old non stick is very old and needed to go. I tried to replace it with a ceramic pan but wasn't really liking it. I tend to cook more with the SST and cast iron pans, but some things work better in a non-stick.
We have that set. They do stack nicely and don't scratch each other. Use them to heat water or pasta. I have carbon steel but, like you said there are times when you need them. And easier to clean up after others. Kitchen is my domain.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
"upgraded" some movies to individual blu-ray, those cheaper double-sided 4 movies on 2 disc DVDs skip / freeze .

IMG_4121.JPG

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Eosone RSF-600's...

IMG-20220225-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20220225-WA0000.jpeg

It's almost shameful to say what I paid for them (less than a nice dinner for 2). I can say without conviction that these are in the top 3 best speakers I've ever owned. The dipolar design (rear mids and tweeters fire out of phase) make a breathtaking soundstage, unlike anything I've ever heard. Bad placement is nearly impossible. Apologies to Roy Allison, but my CD-9's suddenly feel obsolete. I could classify the Eosone's as "giant headphones" instead of just "speakers."

I'm having a crisis of faith, in which I'm not in any hurry to hook my T&A's back up. That has frankly never happened before.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
Gave up on my own music and subscribed to Qobuz Premier (tried Amazon Music Unlimited and Qobuz Premier).
Very easy to use from miniDSP SHD.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought a used Logitech keybad at a good will store a few monthes ago for $6.99 and I just connected to the tablet via BT. I hope this will reduce the amount of typos in my post but I'm not making any promises.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
As some might be aware, my Emotiva 4S powered monitors are starting to die. I decided to upgrade.

Just took these out of the box, Kanto TUK.
  • I already own the YU6 and was a happy customer
  • These have a nice fit & finish and a quality remote, looking forward to testing out
  • Waiting on stands to arrive tomorrow, definitely and upgrade for my computer desktop!

kantoBox.jpg

Speakers.jpg

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Can you even find PS5?

Dunno, I looked into the newest console generation and just haven't seen any GAMES that make me want to move ahead yet. My XBOX One has done what I need. I do like that the controllers from the XBONE generation are compatible with the new XBOX Series S/X--Which becomes important when you drop some coin on a nice fight stick.

Then, I recently got an OLED Nintendo Switch :cool:

Several Switch exclusive games that I have been wanting to play. I know Nintendo tends to lag behind with the raw technical specs, but they make up for it with games that are actually different and FUN!
Gran Turismo 7 is all I need to want a PS5. Same reason I purchased every other PlayStation I've owned except my PS4. I've also never played my PS4 other than to see if it worked after I got it super cheap.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I spent way too much on a pan.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis