What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Needed to add a web camera to my new PC. The computer is a no-frills custom build my cousin put together for me (about 2 months ago) with an Intel i5 gen 11th processor, 16GB RAM, and 2TB of M.2 storage, but the new 27" Lenovo monitor doesn't have any built-in camera. With the MS-Office 365 package, I get MS-Teams and have a job interview via Teams tomorrow.

Hey, for $20 off Amazon Prime and delivered in 2 days, how can I go wrong? It's got a flip-down cover so even if some hacker managed to get past Avast and take control, they couldn't see nothing. Pretty cool the way Win10 Pro instantly configured the camera, its internal mic input and my desktop KEF Egg powered speakers for output. The little red-green (on/off) indicator works fine too. This was so fast and easy I was shocked. I might never use it again, but who knows? With the Office 365 I got Teams plus 30 hours of Skype per month. Maybe I'll video chat with some relatives in FL, AZ, and NC.

Webcam.jpg

Last edited:
adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Two used Taylormade M2 fairway woods to match ay Taylormade M1 driver. I'll see if I like them better than my current Areoburner FW woods.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
1642540394550.png

Bose QuietComfort earbuds. I didn't actually buy them a gift from my sister for watching their dog when they travel which is quite often to visit their grandkids. Anyone have any experience with these. I want to use them mainly when I walk so I can listen to music on my Android phone.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Sold my AV8802A and purchased Anthem AVM70. After reading reviews, minus the bugs, i pulled the trigger. Got a really good price for the Marantz. Looking forward to tinkering around with ARC, after some firmware upgrades I am sure :eek:

View attachment 53139
Let me know what you think of the anthem!Anthem!! Was looking to pull the trigger on one next month.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Let me know what you think of the anthem!Anthem!! Was looking to pull the trigger on one next month.
I have it connected, but I am still setting up. Side note: the AVM70 Remote control is by far the worst quality I have ever used. I press the volume button and it sticks. LOL I won't be using it after its set up so not a deal breaker lol

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have it connected, but I am still setting up. Side note: the AVM70 Remote control is by far the worst quality I have ever used. I press the volume button and it sticks. LOL I won't be using it after its set up so not a deal breaker lol
Sure, but why not put some effort into a halfway decent remote? Best one I ever had with any sort of equipment was the one that come with my Kenwood AVR from 1999 or so. It had TONS of built in remote codes for controlling everything under the sun. It was awesome, and RF which wasn't something you ever saw.

That receiver still works...for the most part.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Sure, but why not put some effort into a halfway decent remote? Best one I ever had with any sort of equipment was the one that come with my Kenwood AVR from 1999 or so. It had TONS of built in remote codes for controlling everything under the sun. It was awesome, and RF which wasn't something you ever saw.

That receiver still works...for the most part.
My Emotiva remotes are pretty nice, look to be machined out of Aluminum.

But, the LG Magic Remote is by far my favorite. It is basically like a Wii-mote, but for controlling you TV and other devices using HDMI-based control (CEC, etc)

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's got a flip-down cover so even if some hacker managed to get past Avast and take control, they couldn't see nothing.
The best web cameras are ones I could get for free :) Working in IT has its perks :) I got for free a nice Lenovo branded 1080p webcam which also compatible with Windows Hello (ie Facial recognition to login to windows)
Which was rejected by my company since it didn't have a built-in microphone.
On the subject of Avast A/V - keep your eye out on likely future updates will include crypto-mining where Avast will take their cut : https://krebsonsecurity.com/2022/01/500m-avira-antivirus-users-introduced-to-cryptomining/

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bought from Woot. $20 FireTV/Remote handles 4K well. Always liked this box with lots options, but never owned one. Its older one, but works well.
_20220120_194825.JPG

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
So I have to say this Def tech slim 3.1 setup is a step above the old Integra/Pinnacle soundbar combo. All good with ARC and it has built in chrome cast so it is another Roon endpoint for me.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Spoke too soon. TV just crapped out after an hour. Just went black and no power. Never used ARC before. Can it send power back to the TV and possibly fry it?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Spoke too soon. TV just crapped out after an hour. Just went black and no power. Never used ARC before. Can it send power back to the TV and possibly fry it?
Not without a surge coming from somewhere. That's odd that it would just suddenly happen like that.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
False Idol Brewing
7x Summer Body Ready (released today) - french toast imperial stout with cinnamon and maple aged in Four Roses barrels for 15 months. 14% abv.
1x Murda She Wrote (released a few months ago, surprised they had a few cans left) - imperial stout with Ugandan and Madagascar vanilla aged in Booker's barrels for 15 months. 15% abv.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Holiday book haul! As usual, I am the middle of one or another depending on my mood.

First is for you vinyl junkies out there. I've seen it around and spotted a copy at Half Price Books and thought, "Score!" They listed it at $65 and I thought that strange so I looked it up on the big A and it was only $35, so...
IMG_1748.jpg

I read the first two of this series by Ken Follett and loved them. They are about the building of churches in medieval Europe, the families involved and this continues the story(s). I think there was a miniseries a while back on the first one, but I never watched it...
IMG_1744.jpg

I was a big fan of Gorky Park when the '83 movie, starring William Hurt, came out. This is the 8th book in the Arkady Renko series of novels. I'm not a big mystery fan, but am hooked on this author.
IMG_1746.jpg

Carl Sagan was one of my heros and I've read all of his books (non and fiction). His wife Ann Druyan continues his legacy.
IMG_1745.jpg

This one by RFK Jr is interesting, informative and brutal. I have the Kindle edition (which is fun because all of the thousands of citations and references are live) but I still enjoy the feel of a good book in my hands...
IMG_1747.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis