What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
I did get a Hegel H190 a couple months ago. It makes my old Boston Acoustics 260's sound pretty good, plus the sub.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
New headset and subwoofer arrived today. I'm planning on getting Kali IN-8 v2s in the future if they ever release them in white like they did for the v1s. If they don't come out in white any time soon I may buy black ones or white IN-5s. Previous sub was a Monoprice 10" https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=605999

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
1000 Sq ft of tile going into the house. Will make my radiant heat more efficient.
37309.jpeg

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Here are some other recent purchases:

Lenovo Legion 5i (ordered on thanksgiving, received early December)
i7-11800H
RTX 3070 (140W)
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
1 TB PCIe SSD
16.0" 2560 x 1600 IPS, HDR 400, 500 nits, 165Hz

Isoacoustics ISO-155 stands purchased last month. My speakers had been fully blocked by my laptops which was mildly annoying. The tweeters are now just clear of the laptops as you can see in the picture above which is good enough for me. Once I get some larger speakers it’ll be even less of a concern.

Topping D50s/A50s/P50 bundle bought in September from dmorrow on ASR.

Also got a 5th gen iPad Pro 12.9 in November. Once I get the Kali monitors I’ll be set with electronic toys for awhile :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

i7-11800H
RTX 3070 (140W)
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
1 TB PCIe SSD

Isoacoustics ISO-155 stands purchased last month. My speakers had been fully blocked by my laptops which was mildly annoying. The tweeters are now just clear of the laptops as you can see in the picture above which is good enough for me. Once I get some larger speakers it’ll be even less of a concern.

Also got a 5th gen iPad Pro 12.9 in November. Once I get the Kali monitors I’ll be set with electronic toys for awhile :D
Nice gaming laptop. I had the Ipad Pro 12.9 since may, liked it a lot, except for the size, ended up selling and just ordered the new Ipad Mini 256 Wifi+5g. It is more plane and travel friendly.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai

i7-11800H
RTX 3070 (140W)
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
1 TB PCIe SSD

FWIW, I had bought my wife a similar Lenovo laptop 2 years ago, for Christmas. It recently had a problem where the keyboard started acting strange. Type any character and you get two...of something completely different than what you typed. Tried Lenovo support, they washed their hands of it and couldn't even provide a service house that would respond to an e-mail. My son tried EVERYTHING, right down to writing zeroes to the hard drive and reinstalling Win10. All we can do with it is use an external keyboard. As far as I'm concerned, it's a goner.

Talked to my cousin, who is a certified Windows and networking engineer running a small computer systems integrator business of his own. He explained that the "consumer" side of Lenovo is very different from the business computers. The Legion and Ideabook type is the consumer line and poorly supported (as I found out.) The ThinkBook line is business oriented and carries a 1-yr warranty that we upgraded to 5-yr for $139 with "depot" service, plus an additional buy-in at purchase 5-yr accidental damage warranty for $156. I opted for the depot warranty, which he described as "when the online support determines it needs to go in for service, they send you a box, you send it in and get it back within 1 week"

We have another 7 or 8 year old Ideabook that got the free upgrade to Win 10, and though slow as hell compared to the M.2 drive in the new one, I still use it as a spare "floater" around the house and workshop.

I hope yours has a good warranty or if not remains a good reliable unit.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Almost any smartphone can resize a photo. You need to get it down to something like 800x600 pixels. It might go if a little larger, maybe.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
FWIW, I had bought my wife a similar Lenovo laptop 2 years ago, for Christmas. It recently had a problem where the keyboard started acting strange. Type any character and you get two...of something completely different than what you typed. Tried Lenovo support, they washed their hands of it and couldn't even provide a service house that would respond to an e-mail. My son tried EVERYTHING, right down to writing zeroes to the hard drive and reinstalling Win10. All we can do with it is use an external keyboard. As far as I'm concerned, it's a goner.

Talked to my cousin, who is a certified Windows and networking engineer running a small computer systems integrator business of his own. He explained that the "consumer" side of Lenovo is very different from the business computers. The Legion and Ideabook type is the consumer line and poorly supported (as I found out.) The ThinkBook line is business oriented and carries a 1-yr warranty that we upgraded to 5-yr for $139 with "depot" service, plus an additional buy-in at purchase 5-yr accidental damage warranty for $156. I opted for the depot warranty, which he described as "when the online support determines it needs to go in for service, they send you a box, you send it in and get it back within 1 week"

We have another 7 or 8 year old Ideabook that got the free upgrade to Win 10, and though slow as hell compared to the M.2 drive in the new one, I still use it as a spare "floater" around the house and workshop.

I hope yours has a good warranty or if not remains a good reliable unit.
I’ve heard a few horror stories about all laptop manufacturers/different models. I of course hope this laptop continues to perform well but I’m not too concerned about the keyboard as I’ve been using a separate keyboard and mouse the whole time. If they offered a comparable Thinkpad for a similar price I would have purchased it instead though.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I’ve heard a few horror stories about all laptop manufacturers/different models. I of course hope this laptop continues to perform well but I’m not too concerned about the keyboard as I’ve been using a separate keyboard and mouse the whole time. If they offered a comparable Thinkpad for a similar price I would have purchased it instead though.
If you look on eBay, you should eventually be able to find a refurbished Lenovo Thinkpad from a reliable seller at a reasonable price.

Last year, I bought a T530 Thinkpad with an enclosed disc drive for only CA$325. It came with a Windows 10 Pro OS. I am very satisfied.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Stupid question. Trying to show a picture and it says file too large. Just a pic on my phone. How do I add a pic.?
I use the PhotoResizer app for android. Shrink photos to 50% and then upload. Yeah, it's annoying. I think Tapatalk will autoresize if you use it to access the forums.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
If you look on eBay, you should eventually be able to find a refurbished Lenovo Thinkpad from a reliable seller at a reasonable price.

Last year, I bought a T530 Thinkpad with an enclosed disc drive for only CA$325. It came with a Windows 10 Pro OS. I am very satisfied.
There isn't a Thinkpad with the same specs as the laptop I bought but I found two that were somewhat similar. One is $3719 and the other is $4659. Even if I could find refurbished versions of them they'd still be significantly more expensive than the Legion model I purrcahsed.

Dean Kurtz

Dean Kurtz

Audioholic
This picture did not come out like it should. It should not be an attachment. I love audio, but shrinking pics on my phone is not my thing. More suggestions?@

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
If you can bring photos up on your computer (PC - I do not know what the Mac equivalent is) try the Snipping tool. I do this quite frequently (mostly for memes and such). Snip and paste (CRTL+V) like so:
1641840778251.png

Also, if you attach the pic to your reply, click on "Full Image" not "Thumbnail".
1641840903018.png

Attachments

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis