What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Cool little Vinyl Haul earlier today.
These are the highlights discolored so you can see the real colors when I post em later on the vinyl thread. Stunned to see these all in almost Mint. Jazz, R&B, Folk and Rock.

View attachment 50394View attachment 50395View attachment 50396View attachment 50397
I had that Gladys Night album myself about 30 years and change ago... Can't remember anymore what year it was or if I got it new or at a garage sale. Used to get dragged along to them in case Mom wanted something she might want crammed in the station wagon. I'll never get over it, that I left for basic with about 65 albums stacked up in my bedroom, that I never saw again. OMG Mom it's still killing me inside .

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Bought new brake pads after my first 3 sessions during a track day yesterday. I didn't realize how fast street pads would go on the track...

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Bought new brake pads after my first 3 sessions during a track day yesterday. I didn't realize how fast street pads would go on the track...
Just 3 sessions? Wow that could turn into an expensive hobby...

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
It has great playback after adjustments on sound. Insides were clean. The inside of the cassette area had major dust. After using a blower and some alcohol on the heads I'm so happy with it, especially at the price. I have (4) 2 head decks now. :eek: Which Pioneer TT did you sell? He got a good deal.
Took me a while to find the photos. Turns out I had the CT-W404R cassette deck. The tt was the PL-600 with a no-name cartridge. The receiver did not look like much but actually had decent specs. Plenty of power and drove my Paradigms quite well. Everything worked well. This was a church bazaar purchase. Didn't pay more than $40 for the whole lot. Nice thing was that the donor included all power cables, owners manuals, remotes, and interconnects, including the remote control cables that allow you to operate the cassette and CD with the main remote. The tt was meh. I had to order a belt for it so I also grabbed a spare, but when I walked across the living room floor it would skip. It needed a totally stable platform and was sensitive to vibration. We asked $100 for the system and got $80. Not a bad starter system for someone looking on the cheap side. The buyer was from out east and looking for a complete system as he moved recently. He was very happy with the purchase.
20190817_184332-720.jpg

20190817_195323-720.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Took me a while to find the photos. Turns out I had the CT-W404R cassette deck. The tt was the PL-600 with a no-name cartridge. The receiver did not look like much but actually had decent specs. Plenty of power and drove my Paradigms quite well. Everything worked well. This was a church bazaar purchase. Didn't pay more than $40 for the whole lot. Nice thing was that the donor included all power cables, owners manuals, remotes, and interconnects, including the remote control cables that allow you to operate the cassette and CD with the main remote. The tt was meh. I had to order a belt for it so I also grabbed a spare, but when I walked across the living room floor it would skip. It needed a totally stable platform and was sensitive to vibration. We asked $100 for the system and got $80. Not a bad starter system for someone looking on the cheap side. The buyer was from out east and looking for a complete system as he moved recently. He was very happy with the purchase.
View attachment 50425
View attachment 50426
Thanks for the photos. That's a nice set, dude. He got a great deal.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
View attachment 50425
View attachment 50426
Was the twist-tie on the tonearm (at least that's what it looks like) to prepare it for transport or needed generally ? :)

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Was the twist-tie on the tonearm (at least that's what it looks like) to prepare it for transport or needed generally ? :)
Wise guy. :D
Yes it was for transport. The base had too much spring to it, like many overpriced vintage Thorens.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yesterday Thrifted. I recently got the blu-ray version of this movie Thrifted, but this has the 3D version with Red Special Edition Version! $1.50. Huh?
IMG_23092021_121253_(1415_x_1850_pixel).jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Got a movie with the letter 'X' in the title so now I have covered all the alphabet, A to Z! :D

Plus, Jazz artist Chet Baker makes an appearance in "Stolen Hours".

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.55.24 PM.png

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
GE! This guy kept following me and told me if I don't buy this I'll go to the Dark side. DVD Concert(Had it before) with a best of CCR and Solo Fogerty CD. I told the guy I'll buy it. Sealed copy Thrift.
IMG_27092021_175844_(1238_x_2200_pixel).jpg

Nope he didn't follow me home.

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
GE! This guy kept following me and told me if I don't buy this I'll go to the Dark side.DVD Concert(Had it before) with a best of CCR and Solo Fogerdy CD. I told the guy I'll buy it. Sealed copy Thrift.
View attachment 50494
I have a concert of his on dvd it’s always good stuff !

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
GE! This guy kept following me and told me if I don't buy this I'll go to the Dark side. DVD Concert(Had it before) with a best of CCR and Solo Fogerty CD. I told the guy I'll buy it. Sealed copy Thrift.

Fogerty toured through Canada a number of years ago. It was a great show, full of high energy despite his age and his voice was still good. What killed me is that he used every stage show trick in the book. It was like a lesson in what you can do at a rock concert. :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis