What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I just bought a steering rack for my car :rolleyes: That wasn't cheap. No rebuilds anymore for steering rack. Cost of labor is now more than the rack, so ultimately costs less to just get a new one.

Then the Pre died so looking at another big fat outgoing $$. Talking to Emo about it, but about ready to pull trigger on a Marantz.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Marantz AV7705 arrives today. Picked it up refurb from AC4L for a good price w/3 yr warranty.

*edit - it just arrived

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
New (factory option) LED taillight for my bike. Now I've got all LED lighting on my bike including headlights, DRL's, scrolling turn signals, plate light and finally taillight. :)
LED_taillight_OFF.jpgLED_taillight_ON.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hardware store carries those too but they are not as pretty. ;) I know I overpaid for my Project carbon fibre brush but they do make nice stuff.
and at least this 'over priced' level was NOT made in communist China. :rolleyes:

IMG_3544.JPG

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Friday the August 13th! Got some new records in the mail!

The pictures on the records are not the actual people who were in the movie! :D

IMG_3550.JPG
IMG_3552.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
On sale at AMZ for $9.96. Amazingly, this is not in my collection anymore from long back when my Limited Edition DVD was stolen along with my whole collection. Most of the other versions lack the lossless audio found on that version, but it seems this one has it so it was a no brainer at that price.

Ordered P&S Ceramic sealant for the cars too

Wore out my Vans and could not find the same black suede ones. Ordered off their site, a newer version

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Got these VIVO stands from Amazon for my daughter to go with the KEFs that I refinished. Can't let the cat use the speakers as a scratching post. Has cable routing through the posts too which is nice.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Any idea why the actors are different on the vinyl vs. the movie? Licensing rights?

It's certainly odd, esp for one as iconic as Psycho
Can't say that I know for certain but I recall that the Hitchcock estate is very protective in that regard, so that would be my guess.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I managed to snag a ProJect Speedbox S for my XpressionIII turntable off of EBay. No more lifting the platter to change the belt to a different position on the pulley.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Can't say that I know for certain but I recall that the Hitchcock estate is very protective in that regard, so that would be my guess.
That's probably correct, that plus international copyright laws, etc. Probably why I could not find the last season of Alfred Hitchcock Presents in USA Region 1, so I bought a 'region-free' DVD player and got AHP Season 7 on region 4, Australia/New Zealand/South America! LOL, same with Alfred Hitchcock Hour, found it for Region 2 (Europe/Middle East)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Got a pair of KEF Q150's for my computer workstation where I do my e-mail and CAD/CAM work. I had KEF (active) Egg speakers there but brought them home to act as "computer speakers" after I dismantled a killer 2.2 office system in favor of a better "2-channel listening room" setup.

Anyhow, a friend had just won them and didn't need them, so I sort of traded. I got him a leftover "open box" black Bluesound Node 2i from my dealer. I had just sold a white one that I had for $325, so we worked it out and he paid the difference. I shipped him the Node 2i, he shipped me the speakers. I got a cheap sub coming, and I've already got one of the best music systems ever seen in a machine shop at a medical device maker's factory. ;)
Work_setup.jpg

Running them off my old Bluesound Powernode 2, hiding behind the left monitor.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That's probably correct, that plus international copyright laws, etc. Probably why I could not find the last season of Alfred Hitchcock Presents in USA Region 1, so I bought a 'region-free' DVD player and got AHP Season 7 on region 4, Australia/New Zealand/South America! LOL, same with Alfred Hitchcock Hour, found it for Region 2 (Europe/Middle East)
I should get a region free player as well. Would still like to get The Prisoner box set but very expensive here while the region 2 set is cheap.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis