What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Any idea why the actors are different on the vinyl vs. the movie? Licensing rights?

It's certainly odd, esp for one as iconic as Psycho
Can't say that I know for certain but I recall that the Hitchcock estate is very protective in that regard, so that would be my guess.
In looking around I ran across a few articles mentioning Hitchcock had little regard for actors, so perhaps he didn't care about picturing them in a poster particularly?

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Any idea why the actors are different on the vinyl vs. the movie? Licensing rights?

It's certainly odd, esp for one as iconic as Psycho
Was this vinyl reissue by an indie record label or a Universal affiliate? If an indie label (or foreign one), that would explain why they aren't using original paid-advertising art (with original actors), as Universal would own that art. The label would need to license that art as well as the master recording. But if this is indeed a Universal-affiliated recording label, I'm not sure why they wouldn't use their own art. [The Hitchcock estate wouldn't have any say in this as Hitchcock sold his production company and its IP to Universal (see below).]

Universal owns the rights to all of Hitchcock's American movies and his later UK pictures. Universal also most likely has the master-recording rights and music publishing rights to the scores and original recorded performances of such. In the 60s Hitchcock sold his Shamley Productions company--which produced Psycho--and its intellectual property to Universal in exchange for Universal stock.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this ..And guess what?? I found out that he's a fellow Maritimer born in the same city as I was, Moncton N.B.

IMG_5802.jpg

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I bought this ..And guess what?? I found out that he's a fellow Maritimer born in the same city as I was, Moncton N.B.
Cool, I didn't know that Floyd Toole was from Moncton. We're heading out to Halifax in 3 days. I'll wave in your direction after we get past Kingston. ;)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I retired after almost 47 years, chose this as my 'Retirement gift"...
Congratulations on the retirement, but also on the 47 years! We don't see that much anymore, and it may be rarer than a long-marriage. Working in one place for that long, especially of you're not in the owning family, is harder because today families don't carry on businesses...they sell out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Was craving some Italian beef sandwiches (from my childhood in the Chicago area), then a few videos later ordered a box from Portillo's even tho I don't think I ever went to their shop particularly....

A little salty and the rolls weren't so fresh but the memories came back and my stomach is so happy....but think I'll just make my own next time, tho. :)

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Was craving some Italian beef sandwiches (from my childhood in the Chicago area), then a few videos later ordered a box from Portillo's even tho I don't think I ever went to their shop particularly....

A little salty and the rolls weren't so fresh but the memories came back and my stomach is so happy....but think I'll just make my own next time, tho. :)
Forget Portillo's if you are ever in Chicago, head to Elmwood Park

Johnnie's Beef | Facebook

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Nice TV.

But...
Ummm... Houston... we have a problem.

What Speakers?

;)
To be honest the TV itself sounds is pretty exceptional for a flat pannel. The Seismic 12 Sub makes up for those tiny Superstat Speakers and actually sounds quite good. Not, it's not my Persona 3Fs with my JL Audio Sub good, but still good :D

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
  • Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, with Welded Locking Bananas, Conventional (Non-Bi-Wire) Terminations, Grey Jacket, 10 Foot (Single Cable - for one Speaker); Assembled in The USA
Roll over image to zoom in

Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, with Welded Locking Bananas, Conventional (Non-Bi-Wire) Terminations, Grey Jacket, 10 Foot (Single Cable - for one Speaker);

Had to get some 10 foot cables to replace my 6 foot Audioquest Type 4 or Sewell Silverbacks with 10 foot runs. I didn't want to pay anywhere near the $$ for any Audioquest products. I like the Sewells ok but they were terminated with setscrews and I wanted soldered. Got these slightly used on amazon for just a bit more than 10 foot runs of the Sewells. And these are supposedly a welded termination. We shall see how they work out. (I do not expect any kind of sonic difference as these seem to be well made cables)

WookieGR

WookieGR

Full Audioholic
Onkyo TX-RZ50 will be delivered this week. Replacing an old Denon AVR-X4400H with no HDMI 2.1 or proper earc support. The TX-RZ50 will make a perfect gaming/media room AVR with its multiple HDMI 2.1 ports and 9 channels of power provided you have a small to medium space for it to fill. I wouldn't use it my home theater room with 11 channels on it's own but it does offer 11 pre-outs for those committed to external amplification. I plan to post an unboxing video and initial impressions video on my youtube channels once it arrives.

TX-RZ50B_FR.jpg

TX_RZ50B_MDC_Rear_0225-scaled.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Onkyo TX-RZ50 will be delivered this week. Replacing an old Denon AVR-X4400H with no HDMI 2.1 or proper earc support. The TX-RZ50 will make a perfect gaming/media room AVR with its multiple HDMI 2.1 ports and 9 channels of power provided you have a small to medium space for it to fill. I wouldn't use it my home theater room with 11 channels on it's own but it does offer 11 pre-outs for those committed to external amplification. I plan to post an unboxing video and initial impressions video on my youtube channels once it arrives.

View attachment 50034

View attachment 50033
Nice. And it even has a phono input!:)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

View attachment 50034

View attachment 50033
Very interested to see how this works. If it's good enough to replace your 4400h, it'll be good enough to replace my 4300h in my theater. Granted, I am using the full 11.1 capability so that'll be a difference.

Then I can finally finish my 5.1.4 setup in my office.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
  • Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, with Welded Locking Bananas, Conventional (Non-Bi-Wire) Terminations, Grey Jacket, 10 Foot (Single Cable - for one Speaker); Assembled in The USA

Blue Jeans Cable Canare 4S11 Speaker Cable, with Welded Locking Bananas, Conventional (Non-Bi-Wire) Terminations, Grey Jacket, 10 Foot (Single Cable - for one Speaker);

Had to get some 10 foot cables to replace my 6 foot Audioquest Type 4 or Sewell Silverbacks with 10 foot runs. I didn't want to pay anywhere near the $$ for any Audioquest products. I like the Sewells ok but they were terminated with setscrews and I wanted soldered. Got these slightly used on amazon for just a bit more than 10 foot runs of the Sewells. And these are supposedly a welded termination. We shall see how they work out. (I do not expect any kind of sonic difference as these seem to be well made cables)
I have these. Solidly built and reliable connections.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Those are locking connectors and I use the same ones; they are not welded to the connector itself I think. They may have a welded plug on the wire which fits into the connector, which are how the original WBTs are I believe, but the actual connection is still inserted, not welded to the plug itself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis