What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I had been running my original LS50's off my Carver M-1.5t power amp using only the analog out of my Bluesound Vault 2 as input source. Adding a Kenwood KD-4100 direct drive TT that I'd (mostly) resorted meant I had to break down and get a receiver or pre-amp of some kind. My son loaned me his Luxman R-351 but just like mine there's FM crosstalk coming through the phono stage.

Picked up this Emotiva UPS-1 pre-amp off FB Marketplace from the original owner for $200. Truly MINT condition, everything but the box. The subwoofer control shocked me, both low-pass & high pass filters with crossover for each and both RCA and balanced sub outputs. My sub amp is a Dayton SPA250DSP and has balanced input should I ever want to try it.

Sounds really quite good! Wish there was capacitance loading for MC cartridges, but just a default. The MM side I'm using with the AT LS500 (Lab Series) cartridge is excellent and totally noise-free. Very happy!!View attachment 42917
How dare you put this as an attachment. :p Put this in the vinyl thread!
KD-4100_and_USP-1.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I had been running my original LS50's off my Carver M-1.5t power amp using only the analog out of my Bluesound Vault 2 as input source. Adding a Kenwood KD-4100 direct drive TT that I'd (mostly) resorted meant I had to break down and get a receiver or pre-amp of some kind. My son loaned me his Luxman R-351 but just like mine there's FM crosstalk coming through the phono stage.

Picked up this Emotiva UPS-1 pre-amp off FB Marketplace from the original owner for $200. Truly MINT condition, everything but the box. The subwoofer control shocked me, both low-pass & high pass filters with crossover for each and both RCA and balanced sub outputs. My sub amp is a Dayton SPA250DSP and has balanced input should I ever want to try it.

Sounds really quite good! Wish there was capacitance loading for MC cartridges, but just a default. The MM side I'm using with the AT LS500 (Lab Series) cartridge is excellent and totally noise-free. Very happy!!View attachment 42917
That is a heck of a score for $200! I have the USP-1 and have always been very pleased with it, I like the aesthetics too.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That is a heck of a score for $200! I have the USP-1 and have always been very pleased with it, I like the aesthetics too.
I'm more impressed with it the more I use it. The phono stage is far better than expected, certainly better than the cross-talk picking up on the Luxman. Having a decent remote or not wasn't a deal-breaker, but turns out the remote works quite nicely.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I replaced the original wimpy 'zip cord' 17 inch 2.1 mm 15v power cable (top) from my Pro-Ject Power Box S2 to the Pro-Ject turntable.
Found a place in Missouri called Show Me Cables, got a pair of 3 foot 22awg cable (bottom of photo) , the longer cable gives me more flexibility in placing the Power Box.
Under $12 for 2 cables (shipping, CA sales tax included)
IMG_3046.JPG

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Admittedly, I never needed this... I feel naughty and not nice. But... this just for pimpin'
1609441560129.png

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
(All in a week) Onix a60, sumiko pearl for my denon, then a triad took a dump so I temporarily 'downgraded' to a pair of audio notes. I will say this setup is very fun and I'm highly impressed with the audio notes ax-one (especially due to their size)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
(All in a week) Onix a60, sumiko pearl for my denon, then a triad took a dump so I temporarily 'downgraded' to a pair of audio notes. I will say this setup is very fun and I'm highly impressed with the audio notes ax-one (especially due to their size)
What do you mean by "a triad took a dump"? Are they active speakers?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought a pair of used PSB CS1000 indoor/outdoor speakers for $250 Cdn to be used as my ATMOS pair of speakers for a 6.1.2 setup. They come with brackets that adjustable in two planes.

Atmos1.JPG
Atmos2.JPG
Atmos3.JPG

Tweeter (Nominal)
1” (25mm) Titanium Dome with Ferrofluid
Neodymium Magnet
Woofer (Nominal)
6 1/2” (165mm) Clay/Ceramic reinforced Polypropylene Cone
Rubber Surround
Crossover
2,200Hz, LR4
Internal Volume
0.3 cu ft (8.5L)
Design Type
Bass Reflex

On Axis @ 0° ±3dB
45-23,000Hz
On Axis @ 0° ±1 1/2dB
59-20,000Hz
Off Axis @ 30° ±1 1/2dB
59-10,000Hz
LF Cutoff -10dB
40Hz

Anechoic Chamber
86dB
Listening Room
88dB

Nominal
8 Ohms
Minimum
6 Ohms

Weight
Net – 10lb (4.5kg)/each
Shipping – 24lb (11kg)/pair

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
:(

I've got the woofers in one house, and the rest of the speakers in another. And no equipment in House 2.0 yet that I can hook them up to. If we get all 3 days off this weekend, I might reassemble them and bring them over just to see how they play. Whatever I do, I'll probably start a new thread so to not derail this too much.
4 months later...

IMG_20210103_1830529_copy_1622x1216.jpg

Anything and everything you might have heard about Allison speakers... is all true. These little shits have no right to be as amazing as they are. Those proprietary mids and tweeters just throw out a sound that goes far, far beyond the walls. Someone not in the know would seriously be looking around for hidden speakers. Since they use the wall for bass reinforcement, they get away with having such a small cabinet and still put out downright amazing bass. They are a true engineering marvel, for what they can do and only require 2 square feet of your room.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Clearanced out... Bought mine $200 off retail. Considering the only difference between this and the newer 780 model is the lighted cut guide, I think I win. :D

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Another score from Aliexpress:
1609866078113.png

This is a self-locking switch for Yamaha AX-890. Mine is not working all that well (no one alert the troll, I'm serious). I need to replace it. I was lucky enough to find the exact part for my amp. Mine stopped self-locking. And I think this is bad. It will stay turned on every 3rd 4th time, which means you power the circuits several time and de-power them immediately. I'm thinking of making a video of the replacement.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Weeeeey...
1609873013702.png

AT-VM540ML - I'll tell you all about it when it arrives. This one is supposed to be very good, very neutral and very well suited for my deck. God, I hope I'm done...

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Weeeeey...
View attachment 43391
AT-VM540ML - I'll tell you all about it when it arrives. This one is supposed to be very good, very neutral and very well suited for my deck. God, I hope I'm done...
I came close to buying one of those but did go for a much lower-priced and used AT LS500 (line contact stylus) for use on a turntable that I have under $100 (US) into. You'll be very impressed, though I'll warn you that your LP's need to be surgically clean with a micro-line stylus.
:)

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Signed up for T-Mobile home internet. Up until now we've only had access to 3rd party cellular ISP's, which worked fine for a year and a half, but has been nothing but a headache since April. This is our 4th ISP since then, hopefully being on an "official" plan from a provider will end the issues.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've been a busy boy on Amazon and on Kijijji. I purchased the list below for my preparation into ATMOS.
This pair for $250 used from Kijijji..
Atmos1.JPGAtmos2.JPGAtmos3.JPG

Then during a preliminary testing with YPAO, I open the grill and found a tear on the surround
IMG_0588.JPG

I ordered this to fix the tear..

I also got the price for a replacement which turns out to be $108 Cdn shipping included. I have ordered a replacement. I still on intending to fix the tear and then I'll have a replacement on hand.

I ordered four 100 ft rolls from Amazon for $55 Cdn
1609947669071.png

I bought both 3ft and 6ft versions to try and clean up some of the wiring on all my systems;

1609947775238.png

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis