What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
For fun I bought these for my entertainment. I dont expect much from the Scorpion King but my collection there is complete.

1609947920070.png

1609947962600.png

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
Added the Rythmik F18 to my living room HT last night. I didn't get to use the miniDSP yet, and the L12 on the left hand side of the console isn't even hooked up, but I got it physically in place. It really wasn't as troublesome as I expected for a 130lb subwoofer. Boxes slide easily and with the hand truck I had no problems getting around the back of the house (use a ratchet strap!)

Final placement of the L12s is TBD, but I'll try them like this and see what happens.

Turns out 18" is HUGE. Even with the mockups it always feels bigger when you have it there for real. I'm pretty sure the dog will want her bed moved now, too.

WAF was a huge concern but I found a hack. Use the outer box to make a play house for the kids and everyone is happy!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Added the Rythmik F18 to my living room HT last night. I didn't get to use the miniDSP yet, and the L12 on the left hand side of the console isn't even hooked up, but I got it physically in place. It really wasn't as troublesome as I expected for a 130lb subwoofer. Boxes slide easily and with the hand truck I had no problems getting around the back of the house (use a ratchet strap!)

Final placement of the L12s is TBD, but I'll try them like this and see what happens.

Turns out 18" is HUGE. Even with the mockups it always feels bigger when you have it there for real. I'm pretty sure the dog will want her bed moved now, too.

WAF was a huge concern but I found a hack. Use the outer box to make a play house for the kids and everyone is happy!
Awesome pic of the lil munchie man in the box! What a Monster Sub!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Oddly, the pic of the sub does not seem to make it look nearly as big as it is! The box with the toddler does more justice to the scale of that sub.

Now I'm feeling inadequate with my measly F15HP :eek:

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
My daughter will be 2 at the end of April, and is pretty much average size for her age. So yeah, it's pretty big. Today we colored the box for extra fun

Kudos to Rythmik for excellent packaging. The foam, instructions, it was all very well done.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Oh my bad can't tell, than its lil Munchie girl! I call all my grandchildren lil munchies.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

What movie/music ya gonna try first? 42 inch of bass if you think about it. Mine is 16 inches with my two 8 inches. It's does rumble great in my small living room. Oh nice TV too what brand?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I bought a pair of used PSB CS1000 indoor/outdoor speakers for $250 Cdn to be used as my ATMOS pair of speakers for a 6.1.2 setup. They come with brackets that adjustable in two planes.

View attachment 43326View attachment 43327View attachment 43328

Tweeter (Nominal)
1” (25mm) Titanium Dome with Ferrofluid
Neodymium Magnet
Woofer (Nominal)
6 1/2” (165mm) Clay/Ceramic reinforced Polypropylene Cone
Rubber Surround
Crossover
2,200Hz, LR4
Internal Volume
0.3 cu ft (8.5L)
Design Type
Bass Reflex

On Axis @ 0° ±3dB
45-23,000Hz
On Axis @ 0° ±1 1/2dB
59-20,000Hz
Off Axis @ 30° ±1 1/2dB
59-10,000Hz
LF Cutoff -10dB
40Hz

Anechoic Chamber
86dB
Listening Room
88dB

Nominal
8 Ohms
Minimum
6 Ohms

Weight
Net – 10lb (4.5kg)/each
Shipping – 24lb (11kg)/pair
Congrats! Any Atmos content tried yet? Alot on prime video.

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
What movie/music ya gonna try first? 42 inch of bass if you think about it. Mine is 16 inches with my two 8 inches. It's does rumble great in my small living room. Oh nice TV too what brand?
Nott sure yet on the first thing, but TV is LG CX. Really happy with it, but I wouldn't buy one full price for sure.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Congrats! Any Atmos content tried yet? Alot on prime video.
Dam!! You're making me feel lazy for not having it setup yet. :eek: Before drilling holes in my stipple ceiling, I want to make sure that the location that I have for the main system remains. I'm thinking about relocating the subwoofer beside the left speaker and shifting everything down by 20 or so inches and try that out for a while. If that works and I like it, I will then know where to put the holes in my stippled ceiling to hang the speakers. :)

My concern with this 20" move is that will move the right speaker which is located 4 feet from the side wall to 28" from the side wall. I wonder if that's too close.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Dam!! You're making me feel lazy for not having it setup yet. :eek: Before drilling holes in my stipple ceiling, I want to make sure that the location that I have for the main system remains. I'm thinking about relocating the subwoofer beside the left speaker and shifting everything down by 20 or so inches and try that out for a while. If that works and I like it, I will then know where to put the holes in my stippled ceiling to hang the speakers. :)

My concern with this 20" move is that will move the right speaker which is located 4 feet from the side wall to 28" from the side wall. I wonder if that's too close.
I can't be mad at ya. It took me over a year to put up mine. Mostly was waiting to get a 4K TV.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My daughter will be 2 at the end of April, and is pretty much average size for her age. So yeah, it's pretty big. Today we colored the box for extra fun

Kudos to Rythmik for excellent packaging. The foam, instructions, it was all very well done.
I picked mine up directly from the Rythmik site, directly from Brian :cool:

Rythmik is local for me, their shop is maybe 10 miles from my job. That was a large part of my decision to go Rythmik vs. the competition.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Because the Microline stylus shape engages nearly the entire shape of the groove cut. Consider an inexpensive bonded conical stylus rides high in the groove, so that stylus rides right over dirt in the bottom of it. An elliptical stylus contacts perhaps the upper 2/3rds of the groove, the radius on the contact edge big enough to smooth things out while still giving excellent detail. A microline stylus has a smaller edge radius, and smaller tip radius (pointier?) so it reacts to almost every defect and piece of debris.

Stylus shapes

Last edited:
Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
CSW P-1000 with the remote and external crossover. $109 shipped.
C7382AEB-5CEB-4C7D-BB9C-0E29279FE8F6.jpeg

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic

Brilliant move with the cardboard box! But, were the dual L12 subs lacking for ya? Why did you decide to add this monster?

R

Rafy0126

Audioholic Intern
JTR RS1, I got this sub in late November, I love it !, big improvement from my SB13 Ultra.
JTR.jpg

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bought this combo vac-blow device, the instruction manual is hilarious.
IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Paradigm Persona 3F Carbon Black

Finally arrived.....

Signs I am getting old
1) Took me a while for me to move them from my garage to inside the house
2) I noticed it had cut out handles after I struggled lifting the boxes into the house
3) To tired to open up the boxes tonight, will do it tomorrow. Young me would have had them set up by now
4) Center Channel Persona C is coming tomorrow!

If they ever make lightweight speakers that sound great, these suckers are getting sold! ;)

Digm3f.jpg

Was able to unpack one, going to be in the family room for a bit till I get some work done in the basement home theater.
Speak1.jpg

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis