What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Busy day. Started by visiting our local seamstress (Maria's Sewing) to pick up a velour cover she made for my turntable. I got a cat (which I love) who likes to cross over it to get to "CatTV Channel 1", and also likes to sit on the turntable and just watch me work. Maria quoted me $60, showed it to me and said $30, I forced her to take $40.

Then onto a Facebook Marketplace seller who advertised a Kenwood KD-4100 Direct Drive turntable for $70. Seller did say it's got two small problems, said to be "needs an elastic for the automatic arm, and intermittent right channel." For $50 I can probably figure it out. It's got a cartridge I don't recognize,, only markings on the white stylus shell on the gold-colored body are "DL-2E." Probably markings on the top but I haven't dismounted it yet to check.

Lastly, visit my KEF dealer and pick of the KW-1 Wireless Subwoofer Adapters I ordered. Most dual sub installations would need 1 transmitter and two receivers, but I had to get two full kits because my NAD M10 has 2 discrete sub outputs. My dealer gives me a substantial discount. :)

While there, I noticed they had 4 big boxes of classical LP's. For $5 each I got 4 to add to my collection of classical music LP's. Now my collection of them is up to...four. :D

The wireless adapter receivers attach directly to a special port on the plate amp, and setup was a breeze. Works well, and it seems I no longer need to turn the music on a relatively loud volume to get the subs to come to life. That's been the sole complaint I had about the KEF Kube 10b subs, insensitive auto-on.
Office_11-7-2020.JPG

Attachments

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
^^Good looking table there! Cool looking cover too.
Assuming I can get it running good, they are known to be very good turntables. I don't yet know what "elastic" would be part of the tonearm mechanism, but as a machinist I can reverse-engineer any failed mechanical parts that can't easily be bought cheap.

The turntable may well be part of a 2-channel system consisting of a 1993 vintage Luxman R-351 receiver, a similarly aged Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer, a Bluesound Node 2, and a pair of KEF Q300's. I'll have under $300 into the whole thing, and will make some deserving niece or nephew and their SO very happy.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So far this month I snagged a Marantz SR6011 9.2 channel (11 if you add an external amp) in mint condition with the original box, remote, Audy Mic, antennas and literature for $250, a Mirage PS-12-180 12" ported subwoofer for $60 (needed the pots cleaned) and another Mirage OM-C2 for $75.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Finally got a good deal new!
E22C893C-71E1-424E-A114-025936163179.jpeg

Last two are used.
3A5CE8A5-24F9-4265-BCDC-63AB050D4A88.jpeg

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^^Whoa 4K madness! Me too now. How much was Passengers 4K? been wanting the 3D since i saw in 2D on HBO when i had it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
^^Whoa 4K madness! Me too now. How much was Passengers 4K? been wanting the 3D since i saw in 2D on HBO when i had it.
Hey Bro! whatup! paid 19.90 for Passengers in 4K. I have more coming in this week. Got Blade Runner in 4 K coming in. Slowly building up my 4K collection.
Sucker Punch, in just blu-ray, couldn't find it in 4K. Funny thing is Just discovered this movie a month or two ago on Netflix. Was Browsing movies to stream and ran across it. Went what's this, so started watching it went, WTH! freaking cool a&& movie! Thing been out since 2011 how the hell I missed this! Reminds me of a Nintendo game I used to play with my sons back in the day Final Fantasy kind of like. Absolutely love this movie plus Serenity of course. Got, Firefly coming in also the Fox TV series.

Last edited:
G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Busy day. Started by visiting our local seamstress (Maria's Sewing) to pick up a velour cover she made for my turntable. I got a cat (which I love) who likes to cross over it to get to "CatTV Channel 1", and also likes to sit on the turntable and just watch me work. Maria quoted me $60, showed it to me and said $30, I forced her to take $40.

Then onto a Facebook Marketplace seller who advertised a Kenwood KD-4100 Direct Drive turntable for $70. Seller did say it's got two small problems, said to be "needs an elastic for the automatic arm, and intermittent right channel." For $50 I can probably figure it out. It's got a cartridge I don't recognize,, only markings on the white stylus shell on the gold-colored body are "DL-2E." Probably markings on the top but I haven't dismounted it yet to check.

Lastly, visit my KEF dealer and pick of the KW-1 Wireless Subwoofer Adapters I ordered. Most dual sub installations would need 1 transmitter and two receivers, but I had to get two full kits because my NAD M10 has 2 discrete sub outputs. My dealer gives me a substantial discount. :)

While there, I noticed they had 4 big boxes of classical LP's. For $5 each I got 4 to add to my collection of classical music LP's. Now my collection of them is up to...four. :D

The wireless adapter receivers attach directly to a special port on the plate amp, and setup was a breeze. Works well, and it seems I no longer need to turn the music on a relatively loud volume to get the subs to come to life. That's been the sole complaint I had about the KEF Kube 10b subs, insensitive auto-on.
View attachment 41436
Sweet setup bro! I see you got a man eating Tiger sitting in your window.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hey Bro! whatup! paid 19.90 for Passengers in 4K. I have more coming in this week. Got Blade Runner in 4 K coming in. Slowly building up my 4K collection.
Sucker Punch, in just blu-ray, couldn't find it in 4K. Funny thing is Just discovered this movie a month or two ago on Netflix. Was Browsing movies to stream and ran across it. Went what's this, so started watching it went, WTH! freaking cool a&& movie! Thing been out since 2011 how the hell I missed this! Reminds me of a Nintendo game I used to play with my sons back in the day Final Fantasy kind of like. Absolutely love this movie plus Serenity of course. Got, Firefly coming in also the Fox TV series.
I had Sucker Punch on Blu-ray its a beautiful looking movie snd great action. If it comes on 4K for cheap i may bite. If you dont have 3D TV I’m willing to buy The Passengers 3D bluray disc from you PM me and let me know.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I had Sucker Punch on Blu-ray its a beautiful looking movie snd great action. If it comes on 4K for cheap i may bite. If you dont have 3D TV I’m willing to buy The Passengers 3D bluray disc from you PM me and let me know.
I agree, looked very good, but I think the plot was either too hard for some people to follow, or it wasn't and they thought it was dumb.

I liked it though.

ellisr63

ellisr63

Full Audioholic
I just ordered a LG 86UN8570PUD 4k display to replace our 5 year old Samsung 65" 4k display....both were bought from Costco.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I agree, looked very good, but I think the plot was either too hard for some people to follow, or it wasn't and they thought it was dumb.

I liked it though.
It was good, and excellent visuals.

But, it could have been epic. I think when you think about what it could have been, it fell short.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Sweet setup bro! I see you got a man eating Tiger sitting in your window.
She has yet to eat any humans though I'd guess she's always waiting for the right opportunity. She does murder some toys though! :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis