What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hooray I finally got the IKEA shelf I need at my goodwill thrift store in mint condition. Only 16 bucks. Raha put in on top of my family’s compact car with a sheet underneath and some thin ropes. Thank goodness I’m only like 5 min away. Hazard lights on all the way. Phew.
I may get another one later on. Need to put my Blu-ray’s there now. Pic cause ya love em.

View attachment 38004
View attachment 38003
Damn, I wanted to see pics of it strapped on top of the compact car! That's the fun part!

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Whoa they arrived early. Charging.
View attachment 38006
Have you given them a thorough test?
Do they link to your phone easily and consistently (that is the most common flaw i have encountered with these).
The second most common problem is some have the outside surface as one big button that is very sensitive to the slightest touch so it is impossible to adjust reposition them without turning them on or off, etc.
What are your thoughts on this pair? Do they beat earlier ones you have had, or are they pretty much equivalent?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
That's some seriously good tunage there. :)
I used to own all of them before, except the Krall and Buble(this one is new and sealed). Playing them in shuffle right now. The Guns n Roses is a video greatest hits compilation on DVD. I’ll leave that for this weekend. Rah ha.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Damn, I wanted to see pics of it strapped on top of the compact car! That's the fun part!
You know what? It did run through my mind, but it was a hot day. I just wanted to run in and turn on the fan. Phew. So much space still on that shelf. I’m truly lucky I got it so cheap.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Have you given them a thorough test?
Do they link to your phone easily and consistently (that is the most common flaw i have encountered with these).
The second most common problem is some have the outside surface as one big button that is very sensitive to the slightest touch so it is impossible to adjust reposition them without turning them on or off, etc.
What are your thoughts on this pair? Do they beat earlier ones you have had, or are they pretty much equivalent?
I had no problems. It’s close to the Anbes 359 signature, except the soundstage ain’t as big yet. I did a overview on the headphone thread:
They are a keeper. I don’t use them for phone calls, but heard they are great. The buttons are clicky which I prefer. No problems with reposition at all.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I’ve seen tons of the 700s eBay for $100-150 used or refurbed. Looking to buy one when I get a 4K 55 inch.
I just looked on eBay. A Sony 700 is listed as Seller Refurbished. What the heck is that? I thought refurbished was from the manufacturer. I could box up any of my old crap and call it seller refurbished. What a joke. :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sunday-Monday are my days off, was getting stir crazy so took a drive to Newport Beach and PCH (Pacific Coast Highway, or as the locals call it 'Coast Highway') did some shopping at Gelsons and did my bit for the environment. Bought some 'plant based' disposable forks and some 'plant based vegan' hand sanitizer. :cool:

IMG_2700.JPG

M

MAXinAZ

Enthusiast
Just got Klipsch RP8000’s a couple days ago. What I noticed they are a big manly looking speakers.
Think Jeep Rubicon with 37’s vs Range Rover. lol
They sound pretty good to me so far and I have been really mixing up the music to Experiment with them. Got the same price as what they were back at end of May too so that closed the deal.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Hooray I finally got the IKEA shelf I need at my goodwill thrift store in mint condition. Only 16 bucks. Raha put in on top of my family’s compact car with a sheet underneath and some thin ropes. Thank goodness I’m only like 5 min away. Hazard lights on all the way. Phew.
I may get another one later on. Need to put my Blu-ray’s there now. Pic cause ya love em.

View attachment 38004
View attachment 38003
Very nice and thoughtful of you to mount a speaker solely to play music to your new shelf! :p;);)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice and thoughtful of you to mount a speaker solely to play music to your new shelf! :p;);)
I love that boombox. I had it in the kitchen then moved it to the bookshelf to use it more. It’s has amazing SQ for the size. Dang I’ve had it for a long time. I want to replace the rechargeable battery one day.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I just looked on eBay. A Sony 700 is listed as Seller Refurbished. What the heck is that? I thought refurbished was from the manufacturer. I could box up any of my old crap and call it seller refurbished. What a joke. :)
Seller added a coat of spray paint!

Seriously, many years ago I bought a cage for a Dynaco tube amp that was "seller refurb", and all the a$$ hat did was spray a rusty cage with black spray paint! I got a partial refund, still have the cage stashed somewhere for when I feel like giving it a proper refurb. That was easier than sending it back.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis