What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bowers & Wilkins 607, but there's barely any real reviews (with measurements) of these / in a home cinema context... They sound fine to my more or less untrained ears though.

Dali Zensor 3 as a center speaker, but am thinking about finding 2 more Dali Zensor 3s (second hand probably since they're out of production) and maybe using these as mains and the Bowers & Wilkins 607s as surround channels? Not sure yet.
Unfortunately it's positioned horizontally under my screen, and not able to angle it towards ear level yet because my screen is standing right on top of it... Maybe I should buy two angled stands, one under the speaker to angle it upwards, and then another one for on top of the speaker to 'undo' the angle and put my screen on that.
What? No pictures or it didn't happen. :)

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
Got a new Samsung QVO 2TB SSD for use as a game drive. Will now re-purpose my two 250GB Samsung SSD's to....well I will eventually figure out a use for them!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_2443.JPG

"Dark Waters" (1944); "The Collector" (1965); "A Lady Without Passport" (1950); "Hell's Five Hours" (1958)

Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Cool little flashlight, where did you actually purchase one? The Amazon Nicron is a fluted grip rather than the crosshatch, and a different model #...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Cool little flashlight, where did you actually purchase one? The Amazon Nicron is a fluted grip rather than the crosshatch, and a different model #...
I bought it from Amazon, took the picture from the only model they had on the Nicron site....didn't notice the difference in machining, mine's fluted. Now that you mention it I think I saw some other comments along the lines that they had changed over time....

ps @Shanman looked at my light and it has an "N7" on the endcap.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
More 3D stuff and a Oppo BDP-80 SACD/Blu-ray player used for a crazy low price. :eek:I just had to.
IMG_20200215_110507_453.jpg

IMG_20200215_110602_944.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Eeeejjjjjjj!!!
1581851951945.png

I got this NOS piece of gold. Produced 40 years ago, the original so the same weight as needed and never been used! A lot of replicas mess with the weight so it's hard to adjust the resonant freq. Originals go fo 35 - 60€, i got this for 20€.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Nice what cart are you gonna mount that on?
Thanks!

It's still the Audiotechnica AT-VM95E. I'm planing to change it, though. The thing is, my TT had some undesirable behavior. I took it to the shop to be completely taken apart and checked (it needed the lube job anyway, all the buttons were hardly moving, it made a loud clunk when bringing the tone arm to the platter when it needed to start rotating the platter etc).

The guy said all the grease dehydrated to the level when it started to look like a chewing gum on a hot road.

Since we were taking it apart anyway, we went in depth and check every little detail, but were unable to detect the problem.

That's why I concluded that maybe it's not a fault, but simply a bad combination of cart/stylus/headshell.

What I'm doing now is trying to make the set up as close to the original as possible. Original headshell was considerably lighter than most in the market today. The original stylus was of low compliance that fitted a somewhat heavy tone arm.

The original cart/stylus is not being made anymore. But I found specs to be almost the same in Nagaoka MP100, so I'm getting that.

That's why I made the case about getting the original part. It weighs 7,5g and the one I had weighed 10g. and the lightest I can buy in my town is 9g.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis