What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Jon AA

Jon AA

Audioholic
…Or a non-existant wife. :D
Heh, I can't complain. She's been slowly indoctrinated...speakers she used to think are ugly she now thinks are OK. Of course these don't quite hit that bar, only rating a mere "they're not too horrible...."

It's a non-issue now since deciding the new living room will have a baffle wall so they'll be hidden behind cloth anyway. Boy, did that simplify the speaker search. And it'll be nice not to have a living room that looks like a musician's man-cave.
Those look like they'd be just about perfect ... for a high school baseball stadium!!! :p

Of course, if you live on a farm and want to rock-out while you're plowing the fields... :)
Capable of 125 db each.... Mmmm, headroom!
I kinda checked out cos of the open baffle on those... plus, never seen a photo of the actual project. ;) Thanks for posting the link!!!
Yeah, though they look like they might be, they're technically not open baffle. Both the compression driver and midrange are sealed-back. So they each have their own little "boxes" attached to the back of the horn. You can put them in a box, and some do to make it one integrated unit, but they won't sound any different.

That's one of the things that attracted me to these--you can build them in numerous ways to whatever fits what you're trying to do. There's a very good chance I'll build the bass bin on the center about 10" shorter so that it'll fit under a TV/non-AT screen while still matching the L&R and performing much better than any horizontal center ever could.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Anyone knows what the 18 gb does? Clearer streaming or PQ?
More capability. It'll support more of the newer formats. Example would be 4k 120fps with HDR. Nothing has that video format at this time, but maybe in the future. Especially with new game consoles coming out.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Marantz HD AMP 1 currently at $599 refurbished from accessories4less. Not exactly an impulse buy but it's got a heck of a nice headphone amp, it plays nicely with my ipad as a source (digital out via usb), lots of quality digital inputs, and 2 analog inputs It does 35 watts into 8 ohms and 70 into 4.

10133.png

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Trying YouTube TV on 5 day trial. Trying to eliminate cable TV and TiVo. Using Firestick 4K streamer primarily. Will also see if my Apple TV 4K streamer works.

I might also try FuboTV trial. But that’s a little more per month.
So we decided to keep YouTube TV. :)

That means I cancelled TiVo and Comcast TV and HBO. I still have 100Mbps Comcast Internet.

Sealman

Sealman

Junior Audioholic
Bought 2 finished HTM8's for side surrounds and will move my current side surrounds (HTM6's) to rear surround duty.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
So we decided to keep YouTube TV. :)

That means I cancelled TiVo and Comcast TV and HBO. I still have 100Mbps Comcast Internet.
I've liked YouTube TV since I got it. It does have some missing channels, but that's easily forgiven. Philo fills the gap for that and is pretty cheap.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I've liked YouTube TV since I got it. It does have some missing channels, but that's easily forgiven. Philo fills the gap for that and is pretty cheap.
Which channels are missing from YouTube TV? Think just missing History and Cooking and MTV channels.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nice - I've owned both on ear grados and senns and over ear akgs for quite a while now. I thing I prefer the on ear models but not by much.
On ear is ok, but I like over the ear better. I don't think I'll ever really like in ear, but I got some good KEF ones that are pretty good.

These are nice. Especially for $80. I've heard MUCH more expensive than this that don't sound as good.

I still want some Sennheiser wired, but as little as I use headphones there's no point. I only got these because I now have a phone without a headphone jack.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Recent buys. Top movies were $1 at the Dollar Tree. Bottom of course were $5 at Big Lots. Real great find was the MI is a steel book. :p The Dude :)
IMG_20200131_133812_899.jpg

And recent buys at thrift store. $1.50 each
IMG_20200131_141811_858.jpg

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
On ear is ok, but I like over the ear better. I don't think I'll ever really like in ear, but I got some good KEF ones that are pretty good.

These are nice. Especially for $80. I've heard MUCH more expensive than this that don't sound as good.

I still want some Sennheiser wired, but as little as I use headphones there's no point. I only got these because I now have a phone without a headphone jack.
I hear you. I have Grado SR60s and AKG K240s but almost always listen to my speakers. I do have some Panasonic HT 121s that I occasionally listen to while walking but not much headphone listening for me these days.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis