What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
They have two versions of the engine: "300 hp" and "400 hp". The RedSport comes with the 400 hp version, all others get the 300 hp version. Some cooling differences between the two and the turbo in the RS has an optical sensor and it calls for more boost from the ecu.
I'm quite sure it was a 300hp car, but if I was tempted enough for a 400hp version...I would have to take it to the track once a month so it can let it's hair down.

My brother-n-law had a 911 6sp...oh! Still fun to drive 0-40 especially with come corners on a back road, but it was wasting away doing supermarket runs on weekends.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm quite sure it was a 300hp car, but if I was tempted enough for a 400hp version...I would have to take it to the track once a month so it can let it's hair down.

My brother-n-law had a 911 6sp...oh! Still fun to drive 0-40 especially with come corners on a back road, but it was wasting away doing supermarket runs on weekends.
Oh man, the 911 is like my next level up almost realistic dream car, that and possibly the new Vette. lol

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oh man, the 911 is like my next level up almost realistic dream car, that and possibly the new Vette. lol
1567683578851.png

I'm not a true sports car guy, a performance coupe is plenty for me...but this was fun to take a spin in this car.
Sadly, he traded it in for a blue 911 automatic :>(

Now he has the Audi R8...I like it, but it's not a 911 6sp manual.

The good life, huh. Must be nice!

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I've got boxes and boxes of cassette tapes somewhere. If I knew they were worth so much, I'd just wipe them and sell 'em "used". :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've got boxes and boxes of cassette tapes somewhere. If I knew they were worth so much, I'd just wipe them and sell 'em "used". :D
Very few are going to hold much value at this point, and likely not much value in used condition.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Very few are going to hold much value at this point, and likely not much value in used condition.
I didn't think so either, but the price for blank cassettes is ridiculous now that virtually no one makes them (It seems like a bought a batch of metal ones to try out and didn't like the hiss on them even with the noise reduction), probably never find them either way.

Personally, I see no use for them whatsoever (unless you have an old car you want to keep the original deck in) and haven't even had a car that had a cassette deck in it since my first car a 1988 Cavalier Z24 and I ended up adding a 6-disc changer with a new head unit within two years, but clearly people like retro stuff today (LPs, Walkman products; I'm waiting for laserdiscs to catch on again as I have over 100 here that aren't worth a fraction of what I paid for them new. Now compare that to some LPs I bought in the 1990s (not so long ago worth hundreds including a Pink Floyd PULSE LP box set (unopened) I see selling for $800-1200 (I paid like $42 for it new; I never opened any of them until I got a decent LP player a few years ago and didn't bother with that one since I didn't even like the CD set; too much like studio recordings).

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I didn't think so either, but the price for blank cassettes is ridiculous now that virtually no one makes them (It seems like a bought a batch of metal ones to try out and didn't like the hiss on them even with the noise reduction), probably never find them either way.

Personally, I see no use for them whatsoever (unless you have an old car you want to keep the original deck in) and haven't even had a car that had a cassette deck in it since my first car a 1988 Cavalier Z24 and I ended up adding a 6-disc changer with a new head unit within two years, but clearly people like retro stuff today (LPs, Walkman products; I'm waiting for laserdiscs to catch on again as I have over 100 here that aren't worth a fraction of what I paid for them new. Now compare that to some LPs I bought in the 1990s (not so long ago worth hundreds including a Pink Floyd PULSE LP box set (unopened) I see selling for $800-1200 (I paid like $42 for it new; I never opened any of them until I got a decent LP player a few years ago and didn't bother with that one since I didn't even like the CD set; too much like studio recordings).
Yup, I was glad to see the death of the cassette.

But.....there are some releases that are only available on cassette, or hard to find on other media.

I own exactly 2 cassettes today, both punk rock. 1 is irreplaceable, my friend's band out of Houston. The other is hard to find/expensive on CD. I don't even own a cassette player any longer.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Purchased the lot for $45.00

View attachment 31008
maxell and TDK were two of the absolute best cassette names back in the 80s. That is a nice haul but you could have purchased that lot for $25 or so back then. And the longer 90 and 100 lengths were thinner than the 60s and prone to malfunction on inexpensive decks. Anyway I owned many cassettes and decks back in the day but finally bailed on the format in the late 90s. Good luck, enjoy and thanks for the trip down (my) memory lane.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Got some great deals on 3D movies. $5 each at Big Lots. Holy moly. Darn I couldn't pass these up.
IMG_20190905_214132_503.jpg

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 31002
I'm not a true sports car guy, a performance coupe is plenty for me...but this was fun to take a spin in this car.
Sadly, he traded it in for a blue 911 automatic :>(

Now he has the Audi R8...I like it, but it's not a 911 6sp manual.

The good life, huh. Must be nice!
Maybe one day. After I pay off my student loans... lol o_O

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
maxell and TDK were two of the absolute best cassette names back in the 80s. That is a nice haul but you could have purchased that lot for $25 or so back then. And the longer 90 and 100 lengths were thinner than the 60s and prone to malfunction on inexpensive decks. Anyway I owned many cassettes and decks back in the day but finally bailed on the format in the late 90s. Good luck, enjoy and thanks for the trip down (my) memory lane.
I don't burn CDs much anymore, but when I did, I was very picky about the brand that I used (due to personal experience on the quality of the CD and the compatibility with CD players). I found that Maxell also makes one of the best available CDR.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You and your cassettes...:)
Back in my college days, one of my good friends would carry around cassettes in his pockets and proceed to become the "stereo nazi" at any party. Inevitably, during the night he would whip out a tape and say put it on!

He also had a run as a DJ at the college radio station, where his show focused on playing his collection of punk rock vinyl. At one point, he even got the prime slot of late Saturday nights, sometime around the midnight time slot. We loved to call him up at the station and tell him how his music sucked and generally how much he sucked. LOL, we did it several times and he would get mad, for some reason it would always take him a while to catch on that it was just his drunk friends at a party calling to hassle him.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this BluRay from Amazon 3 weeks ago while half snapped. Turned out to be an excellent flick.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I bought some 1930s (and 40s for the Japan one) vintage lighters...had to tear two apart and repair them (jammed flints). They all work now. I've loaded up the one from the movie Bullets or Ballots (far right in the set of three) with smokes. It's all ready to go and cause cancer baby! Yeah!

1930s Case Lighters s.jpg

Memories of Japan Lighter Fixed s.jpg

Bullets or Ballots Lighters Vertical s.jpg

Ronson TwentyCase Loaded s.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis