What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I got a new Maltese Falcon book (Franklin Mint) and moved my 5-novel collection book to the bookshelf in favor of this one with the bird on the cover and just the one novel for The Maltese Falcon.

MalteseFalconBook 03s.jpg
Back Shelf New Maltese Book 2s.jpg

Added "Sweet Afton" cigarette pack to the Indy bookshelf display (Marion's lighter is on the way to go with it).

Sweet Afton 01b.jpg

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
No crystal skull? :)
I like to pretend that movie doesn't exist. :D

(Besides, I'm not aware of a full size skull replica; they're all scaled down and it was an ugly crystal skull compared to the ones from say Ancient Aliens).

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
As if I needed another 4k BD player I just had to try out a Panasonic DP-UB820. It's a good looking player with an excellent picture and a sucky remote (I use my Logitech Harmony Elite instead) and pretty good (Android TV?) streaming apps. Unlike my Sony it will not play SACDs and I have not yet tested DVD-A.

amazon.com/dp/B07N3PQM5N

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
I got my IMCO Super 6700 lighter in (Marion's lighter in Raiders of the Lost Ark) and my new vintage Ingersoll pocket watch (Belloq's pocket watch in Raiders of the Lost Ark).

Belloq's Pocket Watch (Ingersoll) and screen accurate chain:

Belloq Pocket Watch 01s.jpg

IMCO Super 6700 "Trench Lighter" (Marion used it in Ravenwood Bar in Nepal scene in Raiders):

IMCO Lighter Vertical 01s.jpg

Looks huge, right?

IMCO Lighter Ark s.jpg

It's actually not much bigger than a Zippo (height wise) and half the width.

Indy Bookshelf Imco Lighter Added s.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just finished assembling the ooni 3 pizza oven. Set up for pellets now but got the gas kit, too. Test out tomorrow....

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Got the KEF Eggs yesterday 9/12.
Impressions? I love mine!

I just got the Totem Dreamcatcher subwoofer I bought cheap running with them. I had to capitulate and go with an oversized (too long) Dayton Audio SPA250DSP amp to replace the buzzy stock 200w Bash amp that couldn't be fixed or replaced with an exact one. OMG, what a pairing!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Used but nearly mint condition PSB Image 1B speakers for my daughter and her BF's upcoming game system. First Facebook Marketplace score, worth the 1+ hour drive in metro Boston area for $90. Great guy to buy from, we talked for about an hour as he demo'd the speakers off his vintage Marantz 2235.
PSB_Image-1B_grillls-off.JPG

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I just ordered myself a new phone. My old Galaxy S7 has been annoying me with it's lack of speed the past few months. Got an S10 with 512gb of memory, should arrive in two to three days.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Who likes 1930s classic IMCO Austrian lighters? Marion Ravenwood from Raiders of the Lost Ark likes them, that's who! Another one arrived from Morocco today. I thought it had some corrosion, but it just needed cleaned up a bit. A new wick and flint and it's ready to light my fire.

Morocco IMCO 6700 Top Open s.jpg Morocco IMCO 6700 Side s.jpg Morocco IMCO 6700 EndCap s.jpg Morocco IMCO 6700 Apart s.jpg

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I got some new stuff lately.

Picked up a Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. Really nice. My first Samsung phone.

I also got a new job. Same company but now part of the spatial data infrastructure team. Much more cloud and IT work and less actual GIS but a nice raise and a great new team to work with.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Added a Smith & Wesson M1917 to my bookshelf home theater Indiana Jones display.
Added Duralex Universel glass and Belle of Lincoln Whiskey bottle to the poster display (bar scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark).
Added Libbey Gibraltar Stackable Tumbler to the poster display (waiting on the matching bottle from the tent scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark)

Indiana Jone Bookshelf Gun s.jpg

Indiana Jones Shelf Belle Low s.jpg

Belle of Lincoln Bottle Glass s.jpg

Belloq Tent Glass s.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Bananarama hits just for cruel summer and venus takes me back a bit...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Amazon Unlimited Music HD subscription and Fire 4K Stick

Ok is this just another excuse for more music? Yes. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Amazon Unlimited Music HD subscription and Fire 4K Stick

Ok is this just another excuse for more music? Yes. :)
Nice I bought a firestick mainly to watch Bosch on Prime. Haven't tried the Music HD subscription yet...

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_2129.JPG
IMG_2130.JPG

The Cooper & Thief wine was found at my grocer. Have never tasted a wine aged in tequila barrels so thought I'd give it a try. The Russel's Reserve was a gift from a friend who just visited the Wild Turkey distillery in Kentucky.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis