What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, 2CL. I'll share pics after closing in early August. Needed a bigger space to accommodate a bigger family. Leaving the single life in October. Two bdr townhome won't cut it anymore.
It'll be interesting to see if Dual Hsu VTF2-MK5's will cut it anymore!!!
Of course, a great room in a town-house will out-size most dens in a house depending on where you will set up the HT!

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Went to a William Tyler show at a small coffeehouse in Keene NH last night. Before and after the show I got to talk with him, and I bought the LP of his latest release (though I've been streaming it on Tidal HiFi for a few months.) He signed it for me too. Great fun!

WT_Goes_West.jpg

P.S. - Buying the LP for $20 also got me the free download of the 24/96 FLAC file from Merge Records website. Normally that alone is $9.95, so pretty good bargain!

Last edited:
Kai

Kai

Full Audioholic
Oakley Flak Jacket black iridium/polarized sun glasses. They replace a pair of near 15 year old Flak Jackets that have one damn scratch of course directly in front of my right eye and the coating is starting to wear out along the edges. Love Oakley's and have been wearing them for over 30 years.

Also just got an AC Infinity Aircom T8 to cool down my Marantz SR5011...it works great !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Ancestry DNA test kit. I know my moms family tree because they kept records but my dads is a mystery. Should be interesting.

Gryph

Gryph

Audioholic
Ancestry DNA test kit. I know my moms family tree because they kept records but my dads is a mystery. Should be interesting.

I already knew a bit of my family tree so what I actually found most interesting was the breakdown in my ethnicity report.

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
So instead of putting money into a new screen, I get to pay it for a TX Valve on my air conditioning system that clogged or otherwise stopped working out of the blue today. The price is RIDICULOUS (~$680) and they don't even have the part in stock. He says they have to drain the entire system, etc., change it and pump it back up plus some losses and it could take 3-6 hours. Why in HELL wouldn't they just put a shut-off-valve on either side of this part (that apparently goes bad a lot in system over the years) so it could be changed easily without issue? Mind blowing. Rip-off sounding price.

This after I had the entire evaporator coil DIE from corrosion a half dozen years after having it installed due to the new referigerant being massively corrosive compared to the old stuff and they were using a hybrid dual-metal coil. THAT, at least was under warranty at the time. The thing is I think they put in a new valve at the time. I've read they started in 2014 using anti-corrosive additives to the coolant and it is THIS that is starting to clog up the TX valves years later on so many systems.... Their fault. Charge the customer. Plus I have no air conditioning for god knows how long.... This, just a few days after having my gutters clog from my neighbor's GIANT maple tree and constant flooding threats because it's been raining every day since April (practically).

I've got a small pile of other things I need to get done (new garage door, deck repainted, new countertops, new hot water heater), I just hurt my shoulder a few days ago (so I couldn't do much of anything) and a relative just died today as well.

Clearly, I ticked off the guy upstairs somehow.... :eek:

VonMagnum

VonMagnum

Audioholic Chief
Well, I do tend to worship that fertility idol. I mean she's just so HOT looking I can't help myself. :D

Gold_idol-screenshot.jpg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Received The Incredibles 2 3D, which I saw in the theater and loved the 3D. Will watch maybe this weekend. Just ordered Aquaman 3D and God's of Egypt 3D for super cheap on the bay. I hope the hype is worth it.

$29 lowest I've seen them. I have 4 other different wireless pairs and nothing comes close to these. Wide Soundstage, sparkly highs without being harsh and tight bass. Highly recommended:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8LWN2G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_k86bDbEM0PYEY

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Received The Incredibles 2 3D, which I saw in the theater and loved the 3D. Will watch maybe this weekend. Just ordered Aquaman 3D and God's of Egypt 3D for super cheap on the bay. I hope the hype is worth it.

$29 lowest I've seen them. I have 4 other different wireless pairs and nothing comes close to these. Wide Soundstage, sparkly highs without being harsh and tight bass. Highly recommended:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M8LWN2G/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_k86bDbEM0PYEY
Do they actually work well for phone calls? I'd assume not since the microphone is almost in your ear, but wanted to check!
But thanks for your observations, I have been looking for a cheap pair that sit in the ear with decent SQ! Your recommendation is all I need - got my pair on order!
Phone is not that important to me, but since that is a feature, I thought it made sense to comment on that aspect if you have used them for calls!

LOL! How well does the fidget function work! Are your stress levels down? LOL!
Undoubtedly, they have a creative marketing department!

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Do they actually work well for phone calls? I'd assume not since the microphone is almost in your ear, but wanted to check!
But thanks for your observations, I have been looking for a cheap pair that sit in the ear with decent SQ!
Phone is not that important to me, but since that is a feature, I thought it made sense to comment on that aspect if you have used them for calls!
Hi Kurt,

Good to see around and hope you are doing well. The Anbes works good on phone calls in a quiet situation. I'm not sure about a noisy situation though. I mainly use it for Music or streaming Movies/TV and it surely shines in those areas, especially for the price you can't go wrong. Any other questions let me know.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
But thanks for your observations, I have been looking for a cheap pair that sit in the ear with decent SQ! Your recommendation is all I need - got my pair on order!

LOL! How well does the fidget function work! Are your stress levels down? LOL!
Undoubtedly, they have a creative marketing department!
I bought these for the wife 3 months ago, afterlife brought these to my attention too a few months ago. I figured for $30 I had little to lose, and if she liked the true wireless and these crap out, then we could look at more expensive offerings.

The wife loves them! She says they work good for phone calls too. If they hold up, then it saved me ~$70 or so for a decent JBL set or something similar.

She isn't really too picky on the sound quality, but I do note that she always chooses these first, over her RBH EP-SB (that now look to be discontinued). Likely she makes the choice for the form factor.

NOTE: She just had an oddity on these a couple days ago where each ear bud was connected, but each was playing the exact same channel. So, kind of a "double-mono" oddity. She did a little google searching, and I think she had to completely removed them from her phone's memory and start from scratch, but she had them back to normal in maybe 10 minutes.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I never wear protective gear and since I won the gold medal in figure skating, if I fall of this I'll hang myself in shame anyway.
So nobody's going to ask about the gold medal in figure skating? Where? When? DETAILS are required. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Kurt,

Good to see around and hope you are doing well. The Anbes works good on phone calls in a quiet situation. I'm not sure about a noisy situation though. I mainly use it for Music or streaming Movies/TV and it surely shines in those areas, especially for the price you can't go wrong. Any other questions let me know.
I'm doing fine, maybe getting a little "crusty" with age!;)
Do you know where these ship from?
I just placed my order and although they are in stock and Amazon Prime, I will not receive until next Tuesdays (8 days)!
All Amazon says about it is:
This item is eligible for free Prime shipping but requires additional processing time.
That really doesn't matter to me, but just an unusual situation.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm doing fine, maybe getting a little "crusty" with age!;)
Do you know where these ship from?
I just placed my order and although they are in stock and Amazon Prime, I will not receive until next Tuesdays (8 days)!
All Amazon says about it is:

That really doesn't matter to me, but just an unusual situation.
Glad you're doing good. Hmmm not sure why. That's odd I got mine in two days. I'm sure they are popular and sold out for the sale price and just their way of saying restocking.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've seen them live in concert and can't believe I never bought any LP's or CD's until now!

IMG_2003.JPG

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis