What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
I bought a new, old-stock
Sony DVD CD Player DVP-NS55P, Black

It has a display on the front that shows CD track numbers. Peace and goodwill.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Mpow Mbox Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker

HUAWEI Portable Stereo Bluetooth Speaker

One will go back. I'll see which one I like. The cool thing is both have 2 stereo speakers. Huawei is suppose to be bass strong, while the Mpow has nice Mids/Highs, but bass is a bit lacking. I'll be the judge. :) The ones I own only have one speaker. :(
HUAWEI are staying. Amazing bass, Highs and Mids. The Mpow go a bit louder, but distorts. Just nice if want it for talk radio, but not enuff oomph for Musica. Too bad cause their bluetooth headsets are amazing.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Huawei makes the current generation flagship Google Nexus. The name carries at least some measure of prestige. Cool to know their other gadgetry is worthwhile as well.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I can imagine that's what those expensive JBL sound like. 20 bucks is a steal for them. I can't believe the BASS they produce for this little thing.:eek:

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
zune dock.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/Zune-Home-Pack-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000VWOKQM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1466931644&sr=1-1&keywords=zune+dock

Yes, I'm the guy that bought the Zune but, hey, I love it. How can you say no to 80 gigs in a cigarette pack? This allows me to plug it into a wall, send two channel analog sound wherever I want, has a video display to your TV (either composite or component) and, best of all, it has a remote so I have instant access to all my music.

...and you can't beat the price.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I've got mixed feelings about this one.

wolverine radio.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-RSR100-Retro-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00FFE80GW

First, the good. It looks better in real life than it does in the picture. It's smaller than one would think. It sounds better than it has any right to and the FM tuner works amazingly well, particularly considering it's only a single wire hanging out the back. I use that "aux" input with that Zune dock and it's a match made in heaven.

Now, the negatives: I've tried everything and cannot, for the life of me, get the presets to work and the piano selector switches can fight back at times. And, the "aux" input is on the side?!?

But, on the whole, even with it's faults, I love this little guy. It also looks geat on the nightstand.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just ordered a set of RBH EP-SB phones for the GF!
Arrived on Saturday. I checked them out briefly before giving them to the GF, and in general I am very impressed!

Pretty good sound quality. They can't compete with my AKG 845BT cans, but those are full-blown headphones that I paid $200 for (a deal).

I have never used any ear buds that were comfortable for me, until these. Most ear buds are uncomfortable for me at best, or painful at worst, but these did not do that--granted that I only wore them for about 30 minutes.

Bottom Line--Now I'm thinking about buying another set for me. Mostly for convenience, these are small and easy to carry with you anywhere you want to go, and still get pretty good sound quality especially in such a small package.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
5 bucks why not? One of my favorite mini-series:
Returning this. One of the best western ever. The noise is impossible to ignore I don't how they had the gull to release this. The night scenes are horrid. The noise is the also noted in the bright outdoor scenes. My DVD does not have this grain at all and looks ten times better. The only great thing is the face closeups are nice and clear, but the constent noise ruined it for me. I'm holding out for a better transfer. It's going back to Amazon. :mad: I'm surprise they didn't let me keep it and refunded me my 5 bucks, but they want it back.:D

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General
Returning this. One of the best western ever. The noise is impossible to ignore I don't how they had the gull to release this. The night scenes are horrid. The noise is the also noted in the bright outdoor scenes. My DVD does not have this grain at all and looks ten times better. The only great thing is the face closeups are nice and clear, but the constent noise ruined it for me. I'm holding out for a better transfer. It's going back to Amazon. :mad: I'm surprise they didn't let me keep it and refunded me my 5 bucks, but they want it back.:D
What sort of noise? Do a video so get an idea of the type of noise?

Is it 60Hz hum?
Is hiss of the magnetic tracks?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
No Visual. It looked I'll try to post some pics later on tonight on the watched thread.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Didn't exactly buy it, but my Garmin Fenix 3 Sapphire replacement got shipped out today. Would be nice if they sent me back a Fenix 3 Sapphire HR, but that's probably a long shot :D

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Father's Day gifts...drinking the "organic" coffee my daughter gave me, while my younger son gifted me vinyl. I got Fleetwood Mac "Tusk" (1979 edition) and Ray Charles "Crying Time" (1966).

I bought myself a couple of factory accessories for my bike, as I had won a $200 credit for stuff from Triumph Motorcycles America while attending an event. Of course I added another $203.40 to get what the bike should have come with when I bought it new on 4/1/11. Got the "color coordinated upper mudguard" and the center stand. The pricier "XC" on/off road version of the Tiger 800 got these, now my "roadie" does too.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Amazon Fire TV

We got the Apple TV a few weeks ago. Now w/ Fire TV we also have access to all the Amazon Prime TV/Movies/Music, (which we already pay for). I like the music and Alexa, though I'm not sure Pandora plays with the same higher bitrate I get through the Denon AVR, (when it works). It sounds a bit dull. It looks like the Prime TV/Movies expands our selections quite a bit from the Apple TV.

Star Trek Original TV Series

We got the original 6-movie series a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed seeing them again. I think this particular TV set is remastered w/ some enhancements. I looked for the original, but it was much more expensive. This one was $44 and just DVDs. But since we'll likely watch them once, (for now), I figured it was good enough.

L

Locoweed

Audioholic Intern
Got some new speaker wire. Now, if it doesn't pull the little bookies off the shelf. ;)

Seriously, the wire is to make extension leads for a new welder.

Attachments

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Just got this (CC @Swerd )

And no, it's not toaster oven.... but it does look one :)
Currently on sale at $295 (from regular $360) minus I had $50 gift card. I call it a good deal !

Now, I need some chocolady green beans to roast. Suggestions?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Star Trek Original TV Series

We got the original 6-movie series a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed seeing them again. I think this particular TV set is remastered w/ some enhancements. I looked for the original, but it was much more expensive. This one was $44 and just DVDs. But since we'll likely watch them once, (for now), I figured it was good enough.
I don't know about the DVDs, but the Blu-rays let you watch either the original special effects or the enhanced versions. Even though I'm usually a stickler for original material, I think that they did a very good job with the enhanced effects...at least on the few that I watched from Season 2 (which I bought on Blu-ray a while back).

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sent back some other phones I didn't like. I had the first gen HT21(First pair got water damage) and I liked them, so hopefully these will be just as good. I called them my mini AT M50's when I had them. I think I'm good on the headphones side if these work out as portables and great SQ. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis