What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have a 1 TB of these attached to my Western Digital. How much and how much storage does it have?
Zero gravity chairs are sweet when drinking a nice cold one sitting on a deck/patio on a nice summer day . :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I have a 1 TB of these attached to my Western Digital. How much and how much storage does it have?
Zero gravity chairs are sweet when drinking a nice cold one sitting on a deck/patio on a nice summer day . :)
$147 after tax for a 5TB.

I'm pretty excited for this chair. Especially because it'll be a breeze to carry up and down 3 flights of stairs :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Fuzz, it's your fault... you've got me looking at that Ergotron dual side by side on Newegg.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
so much wasted efforts between $300 monitors and you end up with $160 Asus??? WTF :mad:Cheapskate !:p
Which model is it?

btw: I snagged this one last night for $25 on amazon lighting sale:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
so much wasted efforts between $300 monitors and you end up with $160 Asus??? WTF :mad:Cheapskate !:p
Which model is it?

Actually, I got the big curved Sammy and I got this one. SO I ended up with two monitors, a 27" curved Sammy and the 28" Asus. The Asus isn't as good as the Sammy, but it was on a Black Friday Sale, plus had a $30 mail in rebate so I jumped on it. :p :D

It's this one. The specs weren't too bad and it wasn't a TN panel which I know you said wasn't very good. It's a VA panel, which from my reading told me that it's better than a TN, but won't look quite as good as the IPS models.

So now I'll have the big mac screen, the Asus, and the Samsung. ~1000+ square inches of computer monitor. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The specs weren't too bad and it wasn't a TN panel which I know you said wasn't very good. It's a VA panel, which from my reading told me that it's better than a TN, but won't look quite as good as the IPS models.
I know all monitors aren't the same, but I'll say this - I've used IPS, PLS, VA, and TN. IPS and PLS are very similar to me and are the best, VA is quite good head on but gets worse off axis, and the TN panel that I have is - no exaggeration - effing awful.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Last night these Steelbooks they were $7 each on amazon. Price went up to 13.00
upload_2014-11-28_15-34-33.jpeg

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I know all monitors aren't the same, but I'll say this - I've used IPS, PLS, VA, and TN. IPS and PLS are very similar to me and are the best, VA is quite good head on but gets worse off axis, and the TN panel that I have is - no exaggeration - effing awful.
That's what BSA was telling me about the TN panels. I don't think I'll ever be looking at the Asus more than 45 off axis and rarely that far so I think I'll be alright.

Also just ordered one of these.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Usb3 to hdmi? I have had various levels of success with such things

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Usb3 to hdmi? I have had various levels of success with such things
Both of my thunderbolt ports are used so I thought I'd give one of these a try. If it doesn't work it can always go back and I'll try something else.

The miniDP hubs I found were all over $100. So if I can get it done for $40 instead its worth a shot.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
How high do they go in gigs? Maybe if thy have a good sale be nice to use with the DVR.
FYI, the SanDisk arrived today and I just tried it out on the DVR. So far, I've just tried pausing TV. It works brilliantly. Much better than a Patriot USB 3.0 mini drive that I bought earlier this year. No glitching, no digital artifacts - no signs of slow performance at all. So far, I'm very happy.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bought a new printer.
Canon PIXMA MG7120 from BH Photo
The one I have is ok, but this one has better resolution and half off the price then amazon. :)

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
After being continually irritated with Pro Amp fan noise, I decided that it was time to finally attempt to do something about it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
After being continually irritated with Pro Amp fan noise, I decided that it was time to finally attempt to do something about it.
Good luck, man. Most fans lower their sound level by either dropping air flow or getting physically bigger. Are the fans that come in the amps just total junk to begin with?

I ordered a few more small things:

(*) LectroFan - Fan Sound and White Noise Machine, White

(*) Swiss+Tech ST53100 Micro-Max 19-in-1 Key Ring Multi-Function Pocket Tool

(*) Movies

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Good luck, man. Most fans lower their sound level by either dropping air flow or getting physically bigger. Are the fans that come in the amps just total junk to begin with?

Well the fans in one are noticeably worse than the other. Peavey definitely cheaped out and went with jet engines, while Crest is the higher quality amp all around. However compared to silence the Crest is too loud as well.

I'm definitely losing some RPM's and probably CFM's, but I figure the lack of CFM isn't going to hurt since the fans that are in there are meant to run as if this thing is pumping out 80+% of capacity all day every day. Worst comes to worst, I'll just route the fan wires through a vent hole and control them manually with a fan controller. Even when I had the fans unplugged altogether, the Crest and Peavey never got hotter than the Cinepro or Aragon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis