What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
So I've recently discovered a new band, "Jinjer", and am quite taken with them. I just received one of their cds.

View attachment 45764

They're a prog metal band and incorporate a lot of different genres ranging from reggae to jazz to metalcore. Their singer is really unique. She has a beautiful voice, but can switch to a death metal growl unlike any female artist I've heard before. It's not just her tho, the whole band is really talented. This is the video that made it to my radar and got me interested to start. Just wait until you get to the chorus before you click away and you'll see what I mean.

It's been a long time since I've bought a cd from a new band. I'm glad I stumbled across these guys.
1616173039349.png

Attachments

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Effect processing is a wonder these days. It's almost like the antithesis of AutoTune! :p
Nope, minimal or no effects. She can do that live, on stage and switch back and forth effortlessly. I watched a couple of interviews with her and she talks about how long and hard she worked to be able do it. She's legit.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm about to get some tunes for my truck too. 500RWHP sounds pretty good on a stock-ish vehicle.

Then I just need to do suspension and tires so I can actually enjoy going off road.
It'll be more like 400+ ish HP and 500-ish ft-lbs at the rear wheels. Still will be a ton of fun, and my first car to ever see a dyno.

robladw

robladw

Audioholic
So I've recently discovered a new band, "Jinjer", and am quite taken with them. I just received one of their cds.

View attachment 45764

They're a prog metal band and incorporate a lot of different genres ranging from reggae to jazz to metalcore. Their singer is really unique. She has a beautiful voice, but can switch to a death metal growl unlike any female artist I've heard before. It's not just her tho, the whole band is really talented. This is the video that made it to my radar and got me interested to start. Just wait until you get to the chorus before you click away and you'll see what I mean.

It's been a long time since I've bought a cd from a new band. I'm glad I stumbled across these guys.
Has anyone named the demon yet that is possessing that girl?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
She may have swallowed the cat. :) Seeing her sing that does not look natural.
There are a ton of "Singer/Singing Coach Reacts" videos reacting to that first one I posted. The looks they get on their faces (and I imagine yours too :p) are hilarious, tho they all say she has a lot of talent. That first one, "Pisces" was a live recording session too, btw.

robladw

robladw

Audioholic
52 according to just scrolling over his avatar... but I guarantee, at 34, he wasn't "boy" and likely woulda chafed at being called that.
As far as what I have been called it has been much worse prior to and since 34. It has taken time but I have learned to forgive my mother, and come to terms with the fact "SOME" of it may have been deserved. Why would boy offend me. In fact I would argue I still have my boyish good looks, charm, innocence and sense of adventure.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Took months to find, and ultimately ended up just getting one by chance from someone I know. Got it at retail!! No bots! No surcharge!

First thing I tried was No Man's Sky with the insane graphics and performance on this thing. It performs about 5X better and looks stunning, but this iteration is also a little less stable. Also picked up Devil May Cry 5 PS5, just because.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh and

WOW Bladerunner with the remastered Atmos track is shockingly good along with the 4K rescan picture quality.

and waiting on this one:

This one was a Bday gift

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis