What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How about a Thread for what your getting ready to buy? That’ll be cool uhu?
For me, in 6 weeks RBH 55e towers, center and rears. Photos will be posted up just saying. Man I been wanting to upgrade my speakers for a few years now!

Mike
Hah hah I feel ya I like that thread idea congratulations on the new speakers! If we're doing that then in 3 weeks dual Rhythmik FV18 subwoofers! I can't WAAIIIT. Lol

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Hah hah I feel ya I like that thread idea congratulations on the new speakers! If we're doing that then in 3 weeks dual Rhythmik FV18 subwoofers! I can't WAAIIIT. Lol
Sweet! Man ya going to have some major bass in your theater room! I haven’t settled on which sub to get yet. I’m thinking on that speedwoofer maybe, my room isn’t that big.

Mike

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I also purchased this last week;

Amlogic S912 Octa Core A53 Processor 64 Bits
with 3GB DDR3 RAM 32GB ROM

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sweet! Man ya going to have some major bass in your theater room! I haven’t settled on which sub to get yet. I’m thinking on that speedwoofer maybe, my room isn’t that big.

Mike
Yeah it's a big big open room but those are gonna be epic. I can't wait to feel my teeth rattle! Lol. The speedwoofer is a great choice for a smaller room. I have one for my bedroom setup and it sounds awesome in there! But if you can go dual. In a small room dual speedwoofer for only 800 bucks? Friggin unreal how good they'll sound

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Yeah it's a big big open room but those are gonna be epic. I can't wait to feel my teeth rattle! Lol. The speedwoofer is a great choice for a smaller room. I have one for my bedroom setup and it sounds awesome in there! But if you can go dual. In a small room dual speedwoofer for only 800 bucks? Friggin unreal how good they'll sound
Yeah I was thinking that speedwoofer would be a good match to the 55e towers. My room like I said is about 14 x 17 I sit about 9 to 10 ft from my mains plus I want a good sub for music. I never heard RBH in person and seem to be having a hard time finding someone who actually owns a pair of the towers 55e or even a review of them other than Genes reviews.

Mike

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah I was thinking that speedwoofer would be a good match to the 55e towers. My room like I said is about 14 x 17 I sit about 9 to 10 ft from my mains plus I want a good sub for music. I never heard RBH in person and seem to be having a hard time finding someone who actually owns a pair of the towers 55e or even a review of them other than Genes reviews.

Mike
Yeah I wish I could say I have but I never had a chance either you'll have to let us know how they sound. From what I've noticed with the 10s it will blend in with anything very very fast and great with music too

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Yeah I wish I could say I have but I never had a chance either you'll have to let us know how they sound. From what I've noticed with the 10s it will blend in with anything very very fast and great with music too
It’s been about 5 years since I’ve had a good pair of mains. So I’m itching to get my hands on them 55e’s I will also upgrade my AVR to either Yamaha’s A1050 up to the A3070 which ever I get the best price on will be the winner. I have a EMO XPA-5 1st gen so them RBH 55e’s and the center and surrounds will be tested out very well. Was going to go with Martin Logan 40s or Polk RTi-a9’s, but 40’s only two woofers and the Polk a9’s are a Big speaker really to much for my room. After a lot of research over this passed year I’ve decided to go with the 55e’s. Well built good drivers nice crossover plus you can buy extra warranty over five years already. Something I have never seen with a speaker manufacture. Genes review on the Impression series was what put me over the rest I was considering. Plus the piano black looks really nice. So it’s going to be a long 6 weeks till my funds hit my bank.

Mike

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Nice stuff guys. Got these used:

CD

CD/DVD

Imcloud recomm. o'conners version of Silent Night

DVD

DVD

Love this movie. Wanna check out the other version.:)

Steelbook

2 Freezer MugS.
“ Drag me to hell” very underrated movie! The end of the one I saw was awesome!

Mike

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I was looking for a subwoofer to mate with the recently bought Hafler 300 floor-standers. The manual for those states "35hz to 20khz", but I know it must be down by at least -6dB at that point. I found an old Miller & Kreisel V-90 12" sealed sub nearby on US Audiomart. I did a little negotiating and it's mine. My plan is to replace the driver and amp with something similar to my SVS SB2000, as the cabinet is nearly the same size.

The main reason I liked it is that the oak veneer is a near perfect match to the Haflers, similar style too, and a really solid build. It's HEAVY! I'll have my son refresh the finish with Watco Danish Oil, the same stuff he used on the Haflers (same stuff from the Hafler owner's manual.)
IMG_4472-r.JPG

Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
Today some of the best films made from the Studio era arrived. :)

Arsenic and Old lace - Screwball comedy with Cary Grant at his very best
Witness for the Prosecution - Charles Laughton in some legal shenanigans
Adventures of Robin Hood - The one the only Errol Flynn and by far the best Hood film
They died with their boots on - Errol Flynn in a wildly inaccurate historical drama

Unfortunately we are still awaiting the Thin Man series - Socialite inebriated PI detectives Nick and Nora

If you haven't seen them, I would recommend all of them

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
How about a Thread for what your getting ready to buy? That’ll be cool uhu?
For me, in 6 weeks RBH 55e towers, center and rears. Photos will be posted up just saying. Man I been wanting to upgrade my speakers for a few years now!

Mike
Wouldn't work for me, I don't shop that way (or at least, not the way you describe).

What I do is have a running list of things that I want or need. But what I actually buy depends on what is on sale, what bargains show up, how soon I need something, and sometimes there are substitutes or just wide open categories that I fill if the price and product are right. So my list is very very long, but only some of it gets filled from time to time. Some if it never gets filled, actually.

If I need something in a timely manner I might buy new, but if I don't I will often buy second-hand because I can afford to wait for that item so no point (usually) of paying retail.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Wouldn't work for me, I don't shop that way (or at least, not the way you describe).

What I do is have a running list of things that I want or need. But what I actually buy depends on what is on sale, what bargains show up, how soon I need something, and sometimes there are substitutes or just wide open categories that I fill if the price and product are right. So my list is very very long, but only some of it gets filled from time to time. Some if it never gets filled, actually.

If I need something in a timely manner I might buy new, but if I don't I will often buy second-hand because I can afford to wait for that item so no point (usually) of paying retail.
Good point, the way this hobby is prices can and do change often. If my budget would allow a nice pair of higher end on sale or used would be nice.

Mike

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I've been bringing home new toys like crazy lately. Within the past month I threw out my 2.35 screen and replaced it with a 16x9 screen, my first AT screen. I also bought a 2nd PC13 Ultra to finally go dual subs. I think I found the last one in existence. It was an open box buy, but SVS still gave me full 3 year warranty on it. And lastly, which turns out was a big waste of money, I upgraded to a Denon X3400 mistakenly thinking I could do a full atmos with it. Turns out I was wrong there, but I have a new receiver, but I might send it back.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I've been bringing home new toys like crazy lately. Within the past month I threw out my 2.35 screen and replaced it with a 16x9 screen, my first AT screen. I also bought a 2nd PC13 Ultra to finally go dual subs. I think I found the last one in existence. It was an open box buy, but SVS still gave me full 3 year warranty on it. And lastly, which turns out was a big waste of money, I upgraded to a Denon X3400 mistakenly thinking I could do a full atmos with it. Turns out I was wrong there, but I have a new receiver, but I might send it back.
How do you like the new screen?

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I like it a lot actually. To make a long story short I had a 2.35 screen for a decade. It was fine when I was BD only in the theater, but the worlds changing and I wanted to start streaming once in a while. CIH got complicated with netflix. At the time I saw no way to to vertically stretch the image when using a non Oppo device without dumping more and more money into it. CIH costs add up quickly. So I would have been forced to do a manual zoom and refocus every time I switched to it. I got tired of messing with all that so when I went AT decided to do 16x9 with a ST screen. When I put the sample up to my old Carada screen it didnt look as good, but I took a chance since it was available on Amazon and easy to return. Once the screen was up it looked fantastic. Had to increase the brightness a bit to compensate and now I feel like the quality is as good as my old screen, maybe better as blacks have improved.

After so long of messing around with CIH its so nice to just turn everything on and go. I've had a theater long enough now that black bars no longer bother me, and the combination of the old RS1 and the better blacks from an AT screen they practically disappear anyways. Speakers behind the screen is a whole new level of awesomeness!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I like it a lot actually. To make a long story short I had a 2.35 screen for a decade. It was fine when I was BD only in the theater, but the worlds changing and I wanted to start streaming once in a while. CIH got complicated with netflix. At the time I saw no way to to vertically stretch the image when using a non Oppo device without dumping more and more money into it. CIH costs add up quickly. So I would have been forced to do a manual zoom and refocus every time I switched to it. I got tired of messing with all that so when I went AT decided to do 16x9 with a ST screen. When I put the sample up to my old Carada screen it didnt look as good, but I took a chance since it was available on Amazon and easy to return. Once the screen was up it looked fantastic. Had to increase the brightness a bit to compensate and now I feel like the quality is as good as my old screen, maybe better as blacks have improved.

After so long of messing around with CIH its so nice to just turn everything on and go. I've had a theater long enough now that black bars no longer bother me, and the combination of the old RS1 and the better blacks from an AT screen they practically disappear anyways. Speakers behind the screen is a whole new level of awesomeness!
Cool man I always wanted to have a screen but I dont have a dedicated theater room. But man like 100 inches of diagonal awsomesness or more with a bad to the bone audio system to immerse yourself in it? Well that sounds like paradise to me

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Cool man I always wanted to have a screen but I dont have a dedicated theater room. But man like 100 inches of diagonal awsomesness or more with a bad to the bone audio system to immerse yourself in it? Well that sounds like paradise to me
120"! Or 10 feet to be exact!

I'm stealing this quote from somewhere in the universe, but don't remember where... but I use it a lot.

"You still measure your TV in inches? How Cute!" :D

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have no choice but to use "inches", my space just can't have any bigger than I already have.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis