What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Been awhile since I've made any audio purchases. Almost all my money is tied up with the new house and making some improvements, like solar panels and a back deck. However, with the school year rolling around I felt the compulsive need to upgrade my classroom a bit since a few things were driving me crazy. I'm going to bring in my Jeff Bagby Mandolins and I'll use these with them

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Been awhile since I've made any audio purchases. Almost all my money is tied up with the new house and making some improvements, like solar panels and a back deck. However, with the school year rolling around I felt the compulsive need to upgrade my classroom a bit since a few things were driving me crazy. I'm going to bring in my Jeff Bagby Mandolins and I'll use these with them

Those stands look pretty nice! What kind are they and how much do they run.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Apple TV 4K (thru DirectTV Now) - Arrived today

Canton Vento 820.2 speakers - Arrive this week

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Apple TV 4K (thru DirectTV Now) - Arrived today

Canton Vento 802.2 speakers - Arrive this week
Canton Vento 802.2? Did you mean Canton Vento 820.2?

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/cantvento8202whta/canton-vento-820.2-2-way-6in-bookshelf-speaker-white-gloss-pair/1.html

If so, did you order the White or Black Gloss? Just curious is all. Been reading up on Canton a bit lately. Be sure to post some pics once you get them if you don't mind. Thanks and Congrats!:)

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Canton Vento 802.2? Did you mean Canton Vento 820.2?

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/cantvento8202whta/canton-vento-820.2-2-way-6in-bookshelf-speaker-white-gloss-pair/1.html

If so, did you order the White or Black Gloss? Just curious is all. Been reading up on Canton a bit lately. Be sure to post some pics once you get them if you don't mind. Thanks and Congrats!:)

Cheers,

Phil
Yes. Thanks! :) Just fixed the post. 820.2 in the white. They have the extra 10% off going again. I’ll probably keep these in 2.1 in the bedroom system. I’m moving the the QA 3020 and 3090 to the formal living room, not the HT room. Haven’t decided on a sub and AVR yet for the living room. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes. Thanks! :) Just fixed the post. 820.2 in the white. They have the extra 10% off going again. I’ll probably keep these in 2.1 in the bedroom system. I’m moving the the QA 3020 and 3090 to the formal living room, not the HT room. Haven’t decided on a sub and AVR yet for the living room. :)
Sub? I recommend duals myself. Have had much better luck doing just that. BTW, I really like the White Gloss myself. Lucky you! Oh, don't forget the pics......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sub? I recommend duals myself. Have had much better luck doing just that. BTW, I really like the White Gloss myself. Lucky you! Oh, don't forget the pics......LOL!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil
Only thing is that shipping ground from Florida to Seattle takes forever. I won’t have them until Thursday. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Only thing is that shipping ground from Florida to Seattle takes forever. I won’t have them until Thursday. :)
Yeah, I can relate. Have bought a lot of gear from Acc4Less myself. The wait is always painful. But, hey that is half of the fun.:)

Cheers,

Phil

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks to someone on here, who I will not mention, I now own this: Weber Smokey Mountain 22.
1534829294374.png

It actually works quite well. Here in Florida, smoked mullet is a big deal if you were born and raised here, at least. I have an 8ft and a 12ft cast net that I catch these fish with. It is not uncommon to net 20+ in one toss. I have caught over 40 before. Of course we have grilled other things like ribs, chicken and roasts, but this smoker will hold 8 fish (2-3lb) at a time, and with a slight mod it will hold 12.

We did a dozen Sunday:

This is really good eating. These actually almost melt in your mouth. Smoked lightly with Florida Live Oak wood at around 190 F. for about 5 hrs. The heads are left on and the fish is cut down it's back and folded open. Want to have people show up you haven't seen in awhile down here? Let the word leak out you are doing this.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm real interested in feedback on the PiHole.

Did you buy that pre-configured, pretty much just plug and play?
So I finally had time to set it up yesterday and I like it. It comes pre-configured and all I had to do was plug it in. I gave it a static IP and have it set as the DNS on my Sophos UTM. So far so good.

I've got about 1.3 mil hosts on my block list thanks to all the folks that maintain lists.

Works much better than it did as a docker IMHO.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I bought a flea collar for a stray cat we just adopted. :)

20180830_070036.jpg

Also, my Denon X4400 should be delivered tomorrow. What better time to get a new receiver on a Friday before a 3 day weekend!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis