What do you use to mount your bookshelf speakers ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Since I'm only using them for a few months, I figured how bad can they be! *facepalm The top of that platform is only 4x4"... and I'm supposed to trust those "clamps?" Ha!
LOL yeah the platform is small and I tightened the clamps pretty good but with a bit of museum putty they're not moving, even tilted down a bit. Use them for my LSR305s, 10lbs each....what are those mini Phils?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I think its more in the base size... 7.75 square... + center of gravity. No way these should be on a stage with PA gear... which I think is how they are advertised! I was expecting them to collapse, but they are holding the speakers just fine. Caught one of my cats eyeing it for a jump one day. :eek: Thankfully that hasn't happened yet to my knowledge. Truthfully, I would expect the thing to topple if Iggy jumped there from the drafting table he likes to hang out on.
Larger base, and heavier, if I did it again. Totally... say 15"x15"x3/4" MDF (for the weight, hell, maybe even laminate two pieces together!) Countering whatever weight you put on top is best. Clearly, though, I still didn't trust the top either. ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
LOL yeah the platform is small and I tightened the clamps pretty good but with a bit of museum putty they're not moving, even tilted down a bit. Use them for my LSR305s, 10lbs each....what are those mini Phils?
Yeah, those are the Mini-Phils on surround detail. Floor to top of the cab is 59", 16# speakers.

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
One using these for my SVS Prime bookshelves. They’re solid enough that when I accidentally shoulder checked one in the dark all it did was turn a bit...and hurt like a s.o.b.

ABAA27BB-5F44-4727-8344-EA2CAEF19E01.jpeg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
How would you do that- screw something to the wall and wrap the tape around the speaker, like it's a hostage?
Well I was mostly thinking of a taping cross cross pattern over the top of the speaker stand base to the floor. Of course you guys know I’m being a jacka$$. About the tape anyway. Although taping over the speaker and stand would probably work. Like a scarf! Lol

For the screws, I meant drilling through the base of the speaker stand and installing screws through that hole and into the floor. Definitely Not an elegant solution but if you can’t train your people to NOT knock your crap over, I guess...

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Well I was mostly thinking of a taping cross cross pattern over the top of the speaker stand base to the floor. Of course you guys know I’m being a jacka$$. About the tape anyway. Although taping over the speaker and stand would probably work. Like a scarf! Lol

For the screws, I meant drilling through the base of the speaker stand and installing screws through that hole and into the floor. Definitely Not an elegant solution but if you can’t train your people to NOT knock your crap over, I guess...
You could drill holes and install eye bolts, then use ratchet straps over the speakers, to prevent load shifting.

Just one letter to the left and it could have been 'elefant solution' and that begs the question, why not use elephants........gotta go- they're coming for me!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
You could drill holes and install eye bolts, then use ratchet straps over the speakers, to prevent load shifting.

Just one letter to the left and it could have been 'elefant solution' and that begs the question, why not use elephants........gotta go- they're coming for me!
Ruuuuun!!!!

Actually now that you mention it, I think @Pogre used ratchet straps to hold his SVS ultra BS to his stands.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@ryanosaur. Nice work buddy.
Ha! ;) Crude solution for an almost decent product. I actually thought about painting the wood... but then I realized, for all the labor I put into that, those stands went from $40 for the pair to $:oops::oops::oops:, each! Had to remind myself... “just for a couple months.” ;)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ruuuuun!!!!

Actually now that you mention it, I think @Pogre used ratchet straps to hold his SVS ultra BS to his stands.
Hmmmmmmm... I could drill through the floor by the stands, use my sawzall to cut slots, feed ratchet straps through, and secure speaker-to-stand-to-floor all in one shot. Why didn’t I think of that??? So elegant!
:rolleyes::p:cool:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ha! ;) Crude solution for an almost decent product. I actually thought about painting the wood... but then I realized, for all the labor I put into that, those stands went from $40 for the pair to $:oops::oops::oops:, each! Had to remind myself... “just for a couple months.” ;)
Understood. Sometimes “crude” solutions end up being prototypes for something awesome! Sometimes they’re just crude solutions. I digress...hmph

Hmmmmmmm... I could drill through the floor by the stands, use my sawzall to cut slots, feed ratchet straps through, and secure speaker-to-stand-to-floor all in one shot. Why didn’t I think of that??? So elegant!
:rolleyes::p:cool:
DO IT!!!!! You might get your own show on HGTV!!! Hey, can I be on your show?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Your just lookin for an excuse to get away from the frozen wasteland up there! ;)

But sure, :p
Thanks for the gimme...lol

Actually yes. Yes I am looking for an excuse. Every second of the 10 months of winter.
Just took this from my bedroom window.

highfigh

highfigh

I'm in the Milwaukee area and until two weeks ago, this was a tolerable Winter but that's no longer the case.

I have an idea for the problem in this thread- sand bags. Keep the weight low, make sure the speakers can't be easily separated from the stands and it won't want to tip over.

Having written this and now that it's on record, I'm leaving on a quest for audiophile-quality sand. I don't know where or if I'll find it or how long it will take, but my mission is clear.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Kiln-dried volcanic sand with 20%quartz, 4% lunar regolith, 1% diamond... and you’ll need to put 5 d-cell batteries in each bag to align the emf properly for phase coherent stability. All wrapped in virgin calf skin leather.
Oh... and don’t forget the special sandbag stands you’ll need to elevate them and keep any ground plane interference from affecting the...
*facepalm
I’ll... just stop.
:rolleyes:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'm in the Milwaukee area and until two weeks ago, this was a tolerable Winter but that's no longer the case.

I have an idea for the problem in this thread- sand bags. Keep the weight low, make sure the speakers can't be easily separated from the stands and it won't want to tip over.

Having written this and now that it's on record, I'm leaving on a quest for audiophile-quality sand. I don't know where or if I'll find it or how long it will take, but my mission is clear.
Pretty sure there’s some in the Bahamas!!!
I’ll start there...

highfigh

highfigh

Pretty sure there’s some in the Bahamas!!!
I’ll start there...
In that case, it's gonna take a really long time- I have friends with a place on Turtle Cay, Bahamas. He took his boat there last year and left it because he has decided the boating season is just too short here.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis