What do you use to mount your bookshelf speakers ?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don't use anything but the feet my subs have as stock; on my DIY I use rubber cabinet feet from parts-express.com like these https://www.parts-express.com/cat/case-cabinet-feet/648

I've not had any particular issues with any of the subs vibrating (like on uneven feet or odd cabinet resonances), or exciting the floor oddly.

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
I don't use anything but the feet my subs have as stock; on my DIY I use rubber cabinet feet from parts-express.com like these https://www.parts-express.com/cat/case-cabinet-feet/648

I've not had any particular issues with any of the subs vibrating (like on uneven feet or odd cabinet resonances), or exciting the floor oddly.
The PB-2000s in my main system were vibrating on the wood floors, that’s the reason I replaced the feet.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The PB-2000s in my main system were vibrating on the wood floors, that’s the reason I replaced the feet.
So just an improvement in the feet themselves solved the issue? Were the old feet uneven heights or something like that to cause the vibration?

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
So just an improvement in the feet themselves solved the issue? Were the old feet uneven heights or something like that to cause the vibration?
Yep. The feet that came on the subs were relatively hard. The floor also isn’t perfectly flat, it was poorly installed by the previous owners of the house. The new feet are about twice as tall and pretty squishy.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep. The feet that came on the subs were relatively hard. The floor also isn’t perfectly flat, it was poorly installed by the previous owners of the house. The new feet are about twice as tall and pretty squishy.
Now that you mention it I do have a sub with hard feet like that and did put a rug under that one due to it would just slightly rock on the floor (which definitely has a bit of a tilt to it so have always thought of that as a floor issue, in another room the sub sits perfectly flat).

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
What’s the go to for sitting subs on to reduce vibration on the cheap?
This might be the least expensive option:
https://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-MP2-V-Anti-Vibration-Pack/dp/B07NX1FPKR/ref=lp_16413781_1_3?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1551855538&sr=1-3
But look out for the Supported weight rating: 50psi... if you put a sub with cone feet on these, you kill'em. Gotta put discs, or remove the feet. ;)
I found a deal on the SVS soundpath feet. Expensive-ish though at $50 for 4 feet. But they flippin' work! Sorbothane pads might do the same as long as you double check the weight.

Sef_Makaro

Sef_Makaro

Audioholic
This might be the least expensive option:
https://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-MP2-V-Anti-Vibration-Pack/dp/B07NX1FPKR/ref=lp_16413781_1_3?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1551855538&sr=1-3
But look out for the Supported weight rating: 50psi... if you put a sub with cone feet on these, you kill'em. Gotta put discs, or remove the feet. ;)
I found a deal on the SVS soundpath feet. Expensive-ish though at $50 for 4 feet. But they flippin' work! Sorbothane pads might do the same as long as you double check the weight.
The soundpath feet are what I use. Not the cheapest option but works for me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There's also typical stuff you can find around a house....rugs/towels/blankets/pads/foam packing material. Doesn't need to be anything particularly specialized. Aesthetic may not be the best that way but with a little creativity or artful trimming....personally the last thing I'd buy would be a set of $50 feet or a $50 piece of foam. I'm cheap like that.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
:D:D
Let me just quickly win this Golden Rasberry since it's offering itself so seductively...
1551862783248.jpeg
Ladies and Gentlemen, easily the worst mount around

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Nope! You didn’t put it in a bookshelf! :eek::p:cool:
:):)
Look, now, you never get spared from the golden raspberry just because no one was worse. I know you can always do worse, but until somone posts a pic and makes such a claim, I'm the winner.

Aaah, it's all temporary and at least it has some room at the back (not that you could make that out from this pic).

I'm real picky on the stands and my GF is double that. These are the only ones she likes, but they are an arm and a leg:
1551900570215.png

I'm a tripod kind of a guy:
1551900684214.png

Still, we have to remodel the entire apartament first...

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
I like those. The wood ones your GF likes are sexy, but the tripods... have an elegance to them!
Ladies go for the sexy. I wouldn't mind but those are not stable. As soon as you have a diagonal, it would always rock over that diagonal. Tripods can't rock, naturally.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Ladies go for the sexy. I wouldn't mind but those are not stable. As soon as you have a diagonal, it would always rock over that diagonal. Tripods can't rock, naturally.
I think one could build a nice version of that first one, with a heavy base to counter the top heavy aspect of putting a speaker on it. I would at least turn the legs, though, so as to not promote that diagonal... maybe go for a slightly lower profile look. ;)
Bust first I must learn to build a sub. Then coat racks and speaker stands. ;)

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Don't even get me started on building stands. I have tons of blueprints and already made contact with some guitar builders. I'd go for the extra fine finish. I have such an exquisite idea, the stands would look like something from the Louis Vuitton catalogue... feast for the eyes they would be.

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
Yeah my fire place rattles like hell from my psw505 so I can imagine what the hsu 15 will do ‍♂

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
This should get it done 12x12 x2 kid gonna have to become a linebacker to knock it down now.
EC955CEE-D45A-47AC-9318-37CE77DEE97A.jpeg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
This should get it done 12x12 x2 kid gonna have to become a linebacker to knock it down now.
And that's the kid's playing desk?? Man, unless those are screwed in the floor...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis