What do you use to mount your bookshelf speakers ?

H

Hokies83

Audioholic
Right now I’m using some adjustables I got off amazon for about $50 a pair...
There nice but meant for much much smaller speakers and easy to know over

Wondering what the go to for low pieced height adjustable stands are atm?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Height adjustable can be harder to choose among particularly for aesthetics, but if you look at places like Guitar Center or Musician's Friend, etc, you can see some adjustable stands for higher weight/stability. I got some cheap Video-secu adjustables ($40/set) for some active monitors I've got and will be probably just adding a larger base for better stability should I move them to a higher traffic area. Generally my bookshelves are on stationary stands for the height I need, Sanus and VTI brands, have also used wall mounts like the Pinpoint AM40.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, I’ve had good luck on some
Installed with the video-secu that @lovinthehd mentioned. Pretty versatile and affordable.

I used vogel vlb200’s for my old surrounds. can’t remedy what they were rated for but my surrounds were like 30lbs each. They are a clamp style and adjustable up/down/side to side. Maybe I can find a link.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah those are the ones I got (Video-secu also markets a very similar wall mount to the Pinpoint AM40 which I think William is referring to). The nice placement for the threaded mounts for feet make it adaptable to a larger diy bass I think....mine are in a limited foot traffic area (for now) so haven't done it (yet).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The ones you can fill with sand might be a consideration....or just DIY. Any reason you need them to be adjustable?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
The ones you can fill with sand might be a consideration....or just DIY. Any reason you need them to be adjustable?
Heck, if it’s on wood a guy could just screw the bases down to the floor. Carpet on wood would hide screw holes, and putty could fill in holes in a wood floor.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lol!
I was actually serious about screwing them down.

But gorilla tape might work too.
LOL I know I gotta redo my floors one day but the idea of needing to screw down speaker stands just doesn't appeal. No kids or rambunctious pets either, tho.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
LOL I know I gotta redo my floors one day but the idea of needing to screw down speaker stands just doesn't appeal. No kids or rambunctious pets either, tho.
That makes a difference for sure not having kids and pets. Mine have been trained from a very young age, and luckily they don’t mess with my stuff. I’ve done lots of renovations and a couple counter sunk screws in the bases of stands in my mind could be invisible, and easy to hide if ever uninstalled.
I’ll just keep using towers! Lol...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Depending on all the variables... K&M has good gear, rated for some heavy speakers, too, with good adjustment options. Also, Consider using VESA mounts like you would for a TV... some of those can be adapted very easy for ceiling and wall mounting, and some of the armatures are even more flexible in terms of angles.

I used K&M for my rears... drilled into my speakers and installed 1/4x20 threaded inserts to attach their Adapter Plate, then mounted... I'll post a pic in just a moment. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

I’m not gonna do chin ups on the speakers, but those brackets are lag screwed into studs! The threaded inserts are probably the weakest link, but thus far, no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

Basically took a 2x12 scrap redwood board, cut it to roughly 11x11, screwed it to the base of the stand using m6 screws where the supplied spikes would go on original base. Installed my own spikes, Dayton from parts express on the bottom of the wood base. Much more stable. I took a piece of plywood and cut it to fit a monitor pad, bolted that to the top platform of the stand, so the speaker is better balanced. Still kinda wobbly overall, but much better than before.
Here’s a photo of the underside so you can see what I did:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
[QUOTE="ryanosaur, post: 1298979, member: 86393
Basically took a 2x12 scrap redwood board, cut it thoroughly 11x11, screwed it to the base of the stand using m6 screws where the supplied spikes would go on original base. Installed my own spikes, Dayton from parts express on the bottom of the wood base. Much more stable. I took a price of plywood and cut it to fit a monitor pad, bolted that to the top platform of the stand, so the speaker is better balanced. Still kinda wobbly overall, but much better than before.
Here’s a photo of the underside so you can see what I did:
[/QUOTE]

Hmm I was going to use a larger board should I need to, would you if you had to do it over? Or is the wobbly more in the sliding assy?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Since I'm only using them for a few months, I figured how bad can they be! *facepalm The top of that platform is only 4x4"... and I'm supposed to trust those "clamps?" Ha!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis